Chapter 18

Who I Am

(A/N YAY! UPDATED! Just warning you this is going to be like fairly short, because this is just gonna be a brief view into L. Joe’s head~ anyway, I read y’all’s comments and I love them! Thank y’all for supporting me! I’m sorry, I say y’all a lot it’s instinct, I use to one of those people who hated when people said ain’t (I don’t say that, still hate it.) or y’all but after moving to Baton Rouge (I’m originally from Washington DC) You get use to it. Btw, I fangirl A LOT, so might as well get used to it~)

We got the power

I got the power

Geu ape gulhaji ma neonneon

Geureoji mara gogael deureora

We got the power

Geue majseo ssawo

Cheonsaui eolgullo nal nalnal

Chyeodaboji ma geojitmarida

Warning warning warning warning

Warning warning warning warning

Warning warning warning warning

Warning warning warning warning

Are you ready

-L. Joe’s POV-

I walked into my house, my mind distracted by what had just happened with Chunji. I wasn’t gay! I didn’t like boys! Holy ! Why had I almost kiss him? The was wrong with me?! I slammed into someone and staggered a little. They gripped my arm and my confused became terrified at the pressure on my arm. I tried to pull away.

“It was an accident, don’t hit me!” I cried automatically. The pressure on my arm loosened and I snapped back to my senses, realizing it was Seunghyun making sure I didn’t fall. His eyes were scared, “Seunghyun…Why did he just say that?” Eomma asked shakily. “I don’t know! Jesus, Byunghun. I would never hit you!” He cried, I opened my mouth to explain that I had been disoriented, but Eomma spoke before me. “You better not ever hit my son, Seunghyun! I’ll kick your so hard you’ll land in America!” she threatened fiercely, coming over and placing a protective arm around my shoulders. “Eomma! He never hit me! I was just disoriented. They, uh…”I tried to quickly think up a lie that wouldn’t make me sound like a . “C.A.P and Chunji got in a huge fight, I was just thinking about it so when I ran into Seunghyun I just forgot and thought…” my voice trailed off and her face paled. Eomma nodded, believing my lie, “I’m sorry, Seunghyun.” I said with a frown. “Me too, I didn’t mean to snap at you, Seunghyun-ah.” Eomma apologized and Seunghyun smiled at us. “Don’t worry about it you two.” He kissed Eomma’s cheek and hugged me.
I’m going to my room.” I announced and left them. I went in my room and pulled open my drawer, searching around and cussing quietly when I realized I gave my last cigarette to Chunji the day I broke his hand. I ran a hand through my hair as my bedroom door opened and shut. I faced Eomma and she bit her lip. “He hasn’t hit you, has he Byunghun?” Shaking my head, I shut the drawer “No, Eomma, I was disoriented, Seunghyun never hit me before, I promise.” She still looked nervous though, “Eomma, can I have money? I wanna run down to the gas station and get some food.” She reached into her pocket and handed me some cash. “Gomowo, Eomma.” I hugged her and hesitated. “I’m fine, Eomma.” I promised quietly before leaving my room and my house. I went down to the gas station and bought myself a Marley’s Mellow Mood Citrus and some Hot Cheetos (My guilty pleasure, ftw.) I picked up an ‘I <3 ies’ bracelet as I went to the checkout and bought it, realizing how desperate I was for people to know I was straight. I sat down and put on the I <3 ies bracelet. I actually had several at home, but hell if I had time to find them. My halmeoni had died of cancer 3 years ago. My mom and I had a load of I <3 ies stuff. I absentmindedly ate the chips and stared at the table I was sitting at. I had just…lost myself for a second. That was all, hadn’t I realized what I had been doing. One too many crazy nights of partying had caught up to me in that moment. I just really hoped Chunji didn’t take it the wrong way. I was ing straight! I knew I was! I sighed and thought back to what had happened with C.A.P today.

“Ohh, girl, he told you!” I cried, hyper and ready for a fight. I was quickly realizing how stupid we had been to Chunji. “Shut up, L. Joe! What the hell is wrong with you, man? You know gays aren’t right, god, doesn’t like gays!” he snapped. “Oh, quit spitting your religious bull at me C.A.P, you know I’m an atheist (I don’t really know what he is, I think he’s Buddhist.) I don’t like gays, but I like Chunji.” I said simply. C.A.P shook his head, “I can’t believe you guys.” He cried angrily. “No, C.A.P! I can’t believe you! Stop being so heartless to him! His parents kicked him out of the god damn house because he finally told them. He’s having a really hard time and you’re making it even worse! He needs his friend, he’s broken, Minsoo, help us fix him.” Christine was breathing shakily. She quickly wiped her eyes, “Just be a friend to him.” She whispered. C.A.P glared, “I’m not friends with fags.” He hissed, “Cool, I’m not friends with cigarettes either. (Btw, fags are what British people call cigarettes if you’re confused.) Getting back on the subject of Chunji…quiet being an !” Changjo growled. C.A.P opened his mouth to argue more and I held up my hand. “Talk to the hand cause the face doesn’t wanna hear it !” I said and stuck my tongue out before leaving his room, feeling like I had maturely handled that situation. Oh, yeah, Lee Byunghun is a badass mother er. Then I went outside and almost kissed Channie. Keyword: ALMOST. BECAUSE FOR THE LOVE OF ING GOD, I’M STRAIGHT. I got up when I finished and threw away the empty containers, I stuffed the remaining money in my pocket and started walking back home, so that I could get my car and drive to Christine’s to see if I could find Chunji and talk to him.

(A/N WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN?! Lol, I know! But I’m not gonna tell you because I’m a . LOL. ANYWAY, what inspired me to write this story is my cousin/bff Tommy, he’s gay and his parents and brother are probably the most homophobic people I ever met, they treat him horribly, they basically took his every way of communication away from him so he doesn’t get ‘more gay’ and they yell at him for every little this. ‘Why are you wearing that it’s for girls!’ ‘Why are you doing that, only girls do that!’, but they didn’t kick him out. His first boyfriend broke up with him because of his parents and he was so depressed he would always call me crying and then he cut himself! I had to come over every day to watch him, he was suicidal too, but now he’s alright, don’t worry! I’m avidly support gay rights, and I also hate homophobes! But then again I’m just like them because I judge them like they judge homouals, but it’s just human instinct to do so. SORRY, FOR THE LONG A/N!)