Chapter 14

Who I Am

 

 (A/N READ THIS. Well, it seems like a lot of people have been skipping my authors note in the beginning of every chapter. A/N Means authors note and so a lot of y’all are like what’s an err? And err is a Negro and I don’t want to offend someone and I think racism is stupid so I replaced it with err.)

niga isseoya man yeogi ga paradise

 Eojiro neoreul gadwo beorin paradise, oh oh

 

 Yeongwonhi hamkke halsu itneun paradise, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

(Paradise – INFINTITE)

-L. Joe POV-

I sat in the waiting room with my mom, “YOU BASTARD!” My head snapped up only to see Chunji’s furious father racing down the hall, he was glaring at me and his wife, Dara (2NE1, Sandara), looked alarmed. “Where’s Chanhee?” She demanded. Mom got up and walked away with them to talk about it, eventually they came back and sat next to me they were quiet but occasionally Mr. Lee would give me dirty looks. Sometime later, I don’t even know when, Chunji came out with a cast on his hand and his dad jumped up to talk to the doctor. “Oh! Chanhee, your hand!” Mrs. Lee cried and wrapped her arms around him, “I’m fine, Eomma.”  He grumbled, I bit my lip and stood up slowly. “Chunji? I’m really sorry.” I whispered, “Shut up, Byunghun.” Chunji snapped, “No, you’re not.” “I am!” I cried, and glared at me. “Please, believe me!” I begged. “ you.” He growled, “Chanhee!” His mom cried in horror, “Never say those words, ever!” but Chunji just ignored his mom and continue to glare at me. “Okay, what has gotten into you two?!” my mom said exasperatedly, “You never fight, especially physically!” “Chunji, I feel awful.” I said honestly, ignoring my mom. “You’re my best friend.” “Yeah, until my cast is off or you guilt wears off, you’ll just start another fight with me.” he said angrily. “Wait a minute, the other day y’all fought, right? That’s why Byunghun came home hurt!” I dropped my eyes to the ground, “Yeah, we did.” I whispered, regret filling me. “Okay, this is , first you two are fighting and now Chanhee’s hand is broken? Why are you guys fighting?!” My mom cried, looking at us with furious eyes. “Yeah, Byunghun, why are we fighting?” Chunji asked coldly, “Chunji…” “No! I don’t care anymore, L. Joe! I just don’t! Go on, tell them, tell them why we’re fighting, it’s your fault anyway!” He cried angrily. “Alright, let’s go.” Mr. Lee said, coming over and saving me from telling everyone that Chunji was a . (Still using that word, L. Joe? Really?) He glared at me and put an arm around Chunji. “If you get anywhere near, Chanhee, I’ll be mad, but if you even put a single finger on him, I’ll make you regret it.” He growled, “Please, Jiyong (GD), Byunghun didn’t mean to do it!” mom said, her eyes pleading, she didn’t want a bad relationship with the Lee’s. “The point is that he did it, Chaerin! I don’t want your son near Chanhee anymore!” He cried, glaring profusely at us. Chunji was staring at me the glare gone from his eyes, now they were…oh, god, what have I done now? They were watering, he looked away in embarrassment and shrugged his dad’s arm off and walked away. “Chanhee!” His father cried in shock, “Chunji!” I shouted and rushed after him, and followed him into the parking lot; he sat down on the curb and wiped his eyes. “Oh, it! Just it, L. Joe! I don’t understand why you can’t accept that I’m gay! As soon as my damn cast comes off, you’re gonna stop talking to me again! You’ll call me a and give me dirty looks, I just can’t ing take it!” he cried. I sat down and wrapped my arms around him, barely aware of what I was doing, he froze in shock before hugging me back and breaking down, “Damn it.” He whimpered as I felt his tears soak my shirt.

“Chanhee!” His parents were staring at us in shock, I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to block them out, “I’m really sorry, Chunji, I’ll…I’ll work on it, okay? So just stay with me while I get over it, okay?” I whispered, he nodded weakly against my shoulder and said “Deal with me even though you’re not over it?” and it was my turn to nod weakly. He looked up at me and sniffed, “What about C.A.P?” “We’ll talk to him.” I promised, “Now, stop crying ya’ baby.” I whispered , I smiled softly at him and wiped his tears with my thumb. He wiped his eyes again and got up, he held out his good hand and helped me up, “Chanhee.” His dad whispered in confusion, “Appa, it’s alright.” He said softly, “Don’t be mad at, L. Joe, I threw the first punch.” I wanted to remind him I was the one that pissed him off, but kept my mouth shut, I wanted his dad to let him around me. “We’ll talk about this later, Chanhee, for now, let’s go home.” Mr. Lee said not looking at me. Chunji sighed and started to walk with his parents, “Chunji, wait!” I called and he stopped short and turned around and walked back over to me. I hesitated before hugging him, and slipped my last cigarette into his pocket with skillful quickness, “It’s my last one, keep it away from me.” I said silently in his ear before pulling away, he gave me a ghost of a smile, but that ghost of a smile gave me hope. The old Chunji was there, the straight Chunji, the Chunji with T-Bear walking next to him, the happy Chunji. The Chunji he was three months ago, my real best friend and I was determined to get him all back.

(A/N L. JOE JUST DOESN’T GIVE UP! HE’S GAY! Lol, I sound stupid since I’m writing this and I already know what’s gonna happen next, LOL. COMMENT~)