Chapter 32

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Minwoo's POV:

Changjo and I were eating ice cream as we walked to Sungmin's house. He wasn't in school today so we thought he'd be sick or something.

"Do you think he's alright? It's not like him to miss out school." I asked. Changjo continued to walk casually as if I said nothing. He always does that whenever I say something 'stupid.'

We rang the doorbell but no one answered. So we rang it again, and again, and again, and--- "Ok! I'm here! Stop ringing!" Sungmin shouted, flinging the door open.

"Sungmin! Are you ok? Are you sick? Did you get hurt?" I asked, embracing him and checking him.

He sighed and pushed me off. "Neh. I'm fine, umma."

I smiled. "Phew. That's fine. And don't use that tone on me, young man!" Sungmin just nodded and coughed. "Omona, are you alright? Come on, go to bed."

Changjo drifted off to the kitchen saying that he'll pour a glass of medicine while I took Sungmin to his room. I tucked him into bed and looked around. "Where are your parents?"

"They're at work."

I nodded and picked the clothes on the floor. "Aish, your room is so messy." I picked up a really baggy shorts and a white t-shirt. "I'll put them in the closet for you."

"NO!" Sungmin suddenly shouted. He flew out of bed and in front of the closet. "I'll do it myself later."

"Eh? Don't be shy. I'll do it for you. Go to sleep, you're sick." I elbowed him onto the bed and tried to open the closet. But it's not working. "Eh?" I tried to open it harder but it felt like it was stuck. "What's wrong with this?" I asked.

"Oh, uh, umma said to keep it shut because like, uh, it's old and have rats in it. Um, appa is going to throw it out tonight."

"Oh. Ok. I'll just leave it here then." I placed his clothes on his rolling chair and sat next to him. "So how are you feeling?" I checked his forehead after he shrugged.

Changjo walked in a little while after and he handed Sungmin the medicine. "How'd you get sick anyway? It's almost summer, what'd you do? Run around in the thunderstorms?"

"Aish, give him a break Changjo." I said, tugging on his arm. "He's already sick. Don't make him worse." I pouted, making him roll his eyes. I giggled as I sat onto his lap.

"Yeah. I feel like a huge boulder fell on my or something."

There was a thump in the closet.

"..."

We were quiet after that until Changjo finally broke the silence. "So are you coming back to the dorm tommorrow?" Sungmin nodded as a response and sipped his medicine.

"Are we competing against JR and Sungjae again?"

"No. Although I haven't seen Jongup today." I said.

Changjo scoffed. "Aish, that kid must've skipped school and went to a bar or something. I knew that he wasn't that innocent."

There was another loud thump in the closet. "Um...aren't you going to call someone for that? Like, doesn't it get annoying at night?" I asked, pointing to his closet.

"Huh, oh, yeah. I should since we're on break." He gritted through his teeth. Changjo and I eyed each other and he mouthed, 'Has he finally gone crazy?'

"SoyeahIthinkit'stimeforyouguystogetgoing."

"But-"

"I'llcalltheexterminatorlater, takecare."

"But-"

And just like that we were pushed out. That kid spoke so fast I barely heard what he was saying. "Well that was unexpected." Changjo said. "Wanna get another ice cream?"

"Ok!"

~

Sungmin's POV:

Phew. That was too close. But it's nice that they're so caring. Such great friends.

"They're gone." I said to my 'empty' room.

The closet opened and Jongup rolled out of it. "Ow, my back~" He whined, flustering on the floor. He stood up and stretched himself out before grabbing his baggy shorts and white t-shirt that Minwoo place there.  I'm surprised he bought that rat lie and believe me. "So I'm a rat am I?"

I rolled my eyes and plopped onto my bed. My does feel like a boulder fell on it. "Are you still mad? You know I'm sorry right?~"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I said, not looking at him.

I heard his footsteps closer and before I knew, he picked me up and twirled me around. "Awww~come on. I'm sorry." He pouted. I just giggled and kissed his lips.

Suddenly, Minwoo's voice called from the doorway. I gasped and stuffed Jongup back into the closet before going back down. "Yeah?"

"We bought some sweet and spicy chicken for you. Eat it well." He said, handed me the food my caring friends bought. I nodded and gave them a hug.

"Bye, thank you!"

After they left, I quickly rushed back into my room and almost tripped on my pajamas. "They're gone. I think they're not coming back again." I said, trying to pull a stuck Jongup out my closet. Wow. That sentence was so weird.

"Ow!" Finally, he was freed. He collapsed on my chest and chuckled before pecking my forehead. "Why are we hiding from them anyway? And I really don't like being stuff in closets."

"I just lost my ity to my boyfriend who wanted a break up with me! Do you really want me to tell them that?" I asked, helping him get up. I just noticed he still only had his boxers on. "Aish, and put you're clothes on, will ya?!"

"Well. I didn't know I was married. Stop nagging."

I rolled my eyes and left the room. The chicken sat there on the table, waiting to be eaten. So I sat down and gently took out the chicken.

I feel pretty weird. I'm hungry but the chicken is like, no taste. "Minwoo bought that?" Jongup asked, walking down the stairs. I nodded and pushed the chicken to him. He took a bite. "Hm, it's good."

I nodded and stabbed a chicken with my fork. "Ah~" I said, pointing the chicken to his mouth. He smiled as I fed him.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked.

"Er, pretty random question, isn't it?"

"Just answer."

"Well, I want to become a dance instructor."

"That's it?"

"Then maybe marry this pretty little boy in front of me."

"...."

"What? You asked."

"Aish, be quiet." I said, stuffing the entire chicken in his mouth to shut him up.