Chapter 24

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Changjo's POV:

Second day of our school break. I was woken by the fresh smell of cupcakes. I turn to see Minwoo, but he's not in the blankets. Wondering, I get up and follow the batch of cupcakes.

I see Minwoo in a pink apron as he takes out the pan from the oven. "Oh!" He squeals as I backhugged him. "Yah, Changjo. You almost made me drop them."

"Why are you making them?"

"I don't know. Your parents left early and your umma told me that you like sweets and stuff so...I got permission to make these. But brush your teeth first!"

"Araso~" I pick up my feet and drag myself to the bathroom.

The toothpaste's acting stuoid so I smack his out with a small hammer we use to crack crabs to eat. Don't ask why it's in the bathroom, I'm not going to explain.

So after I finished, I stroll to the dining room and picked up a cookie Minwoo made. It has an outstanding outline of a pink flower. And it tastes delicious.

"Woah, slow down. You're going to get a stomachache." Minwoo says as he places a new batch of brownies. Boy, I'm going to be fat over the break.

"I can't~they're delicious." I say and goble down another cookie. Minwoo giggles as he decorates the cupcake with frosting. "Do you need any help?"

Minwoo hesistates and then nods. I quickly get up and stand next to him. "What do you want me to do?" I ask. He picks up a cupcake and hands me a spoon.

"Here. Scoop out a perfect amout of frosting with the back of the spoon, and gently wipe it on the cupcake. But don't do it too gently, or else the frosting isn't going to stick."

"Like this?"

"No! You're doing it too hard, it's going to break apart." I pout. "Show me." He moves closer to me and brushes my hand when he removes the cupcake.

"Like this." Minwoo gently wipes the frosting onto the cupcake. The way he does it is like seeing Kim Yuna skating. Like, the spoon is swaying around lightly as if it was Kim Yuna herself. "Done." Minwoo says and hands me a cupcake.

I notice the small space between us and instantly blush as I received the cupcake. "Is it good?" He asks, blinking twice. I nod and say that they're delicious.

"So I was thinking. Want to go to the movies later?"

Minwoo hesistates for a second and then nods. He smiles brightly and feeds me another cupcake.

------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want to watch?" Minwoo asks as we're staring at the screen.

It showed a lot of movies. The Hunger Games, The Avengers, Snow White and the Huntsman, we choose the Hunger Games.

"You go pick our seats. I'll go get some snacks, arraso?"

"Ara." He says and walks to the the room while I order a large popcorn and two medium size sodas. As I walk through the door, commercials were playing and I find Minwoo at the back seats.

I sit down next to him and gives him the soda. He smiles and rests on my shoulder as he drank the pepsi. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungmin's POV:

Well, I decided to sleep over Jongup's house over the break. Because i still need to beat him on some sort of game. We played board games, but like I've won around 3 times and then the rest goes to him. -__-

"What do you want to play next?" Jongup asks, as if he doesn't care that he keeps beating me. Sweating, I plop onto his bed in exhaustion. He laughs and sits next to me. "Come on. Don't tell you're tired. If anyone's tired, it should be me since I keep beating you."

Provoked, I get up and glare at him. "Fine! But I'm going to win!"

He laughs again. "See? That's the Sungminnie I know. That's my little rival~" He embraces me and carries me . "But first. Mom told me to mow the lawn so....can you help me a bit?"

I smirk and cross my arms. "Oh I don't know. I'm pretty tired. You keep beating me, I should get some rest, right?" He pouts and closes his hands.

"Please~~~"

"Nope~"

"Come on!~please~"

"Mehrong~"

"Come on, Princess~I'll do anything."

"Stop calling me princess!"

"If you only help me~"

".......aish, fine! Geez, you're such a  littlebaby."

"But I'm your little baby right?"

"Uh, are we dating? No, so don't say stuff like that."

After we settled that, he stops calling me princess and goes to work on the lawnmower. Usually for me, it takes me for a while to get that stupid engine working but Jongup did it in a cinch.

"Like what you see?" He asks, flexing his muscles.

I roll my eyes and turn away, but somehow I'm acutally smiling. I hear him laugh before starts mowing. I'm suppose to organize the flowers and garden, at least, that's what Jongup told me.

His mom wants one color to be together. Alright so there's red, blue, purple and white. This should be easy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Changjo's POV:

"That was a fun movie." I say as Minwoo and I walk out the theater. He giggles and snuggles onto my arm. "You were crying when Rue died, didn't you?"

"No! I wasn't!"

I chuckle. "Come on, you can't fool me~you were crying."

"Aish, I was upset she died that's why! Aish." He pouts and turn away. I let out another laugh and slipped my arm under his waist.

"Aw come on. Don't be mad, I was only joking~"

"Hmpf."

"Come on~I'll buy you ice cream~"

He pauses. "Aish. Fine." Minwoo says, smiling brightly at me and dragging me to the ice cream parlor. "I want strawberry!"

After we got our orders, we sat on the benches in the meadows under a tree. "Want some?" Minwoo asks, and I gladly take a of his ice cream.

Just then, a shadow drops on us. I look at Minwoo at the corner of my eye, and find that he's looking at me too, scared. He mouths the words, 'Who's behind us?'

I shake my head a bit and holds his hand, getting up and walking away. Minwoo comes close to my chest and I can tell he frightened.

Those footsteps keep following us. We walk faster but there's no way to lose the shadow. Finally, I turn around and hide Minwoo behind me. "You again."

It's that gang. They've been follwing us. "Minwoo isn't going with you. So just get lost."

"Aish. He doesn't need you to protect him." The tallest says. "We just need to talk to him, that's all. We're not going to hurt him, promise."

"And I should believe you because?" I growl and feel Minwoo tighten his grip on me.

The shortest boy smirks and leans to the side to see Minwoo. "Minwoo, ah. You're friend here is so nice." He smiles. "You don't want him to get hurt right?" Despite that smile, he sounded so serious.

"Like I said, we're not going to hurt him."

"Like I said, I'm not letting you get Minwoo."

I feel Minwoo's grip loosen and he steps in front of me. "I'll go." He says, I try to say something but he stops me. "I have to Changjo. I can't let you get hurt. They're strong. And they'll kill you if they wanted to."

"Minwoo...."

"I'll go." He turns to me and smiles. "I'll be back soon. Don't worry." I give him a big hug and he rests on my shoulder. "Alright. Let's go."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know our hearts are the same but
We always miss each other
Even looking at each other without words
Now I’ve gotten tired

He's been gone for a while now. The pain in my heart, the pain. I feel like I should've protect him more. Sitting here, why am I just here? It's possible that Minwoo can be hurt. 

Every day, every night, only you could fill me up
It’s alright, it’s alright, now please answer my heart

 

 He doesn't understand. How much I care for him. I need him by my side now. Should I go find him? Is he hurt? What can I do?

Baby give it to me, give me excitement, I’ll be together with you
Come to me, don’t think about anything else at this moment
I, I, If I only have you it’ll do
I, I, I wanna feel your love

I know what we’ve said to each other but
Now I hate my confidence that had no courage
Lets move a little closer

Every day every night always be by my side
It’s alright it’s alright If you just embrace me I can be happy
 

"Changjo..." I shoot up when I hear my name called. It was Minwoo. He looked a bit tired but he wasn't bruised or hurt or anything. "Changjo..."

I ran to him and embrace him. "Pabo. You pabo." I say and look into his eyes. "Minwoo, you pabo. Didn't you know how worried I was? I was so worried. I thought they would've you or something. I thought they killed you....damn you."

Minwoo smiles a little and wipes the tears strolling down my cheek. "Hey, why are you crying? I'm the baby here. Stop." Tears were forming in his eyes and a second alter, he was crying uncontrollably on my chest.

My hands cups his small face. And his tears rolled in between my fingers. 

"Don't cry anymore." I say, "I'll be with you and always with you."

He stares at me with his watery eyes. Both our eyes closes as I lean closer, one hand behind his head.

His lips are like cotton candy. Sweet and soft. My tongue slowly enters his mouth and it dances with his.

We part when oxygen was needed and he stares at me with eyes of joy and a smile. 

I smile back and places one kiss on the tip of his nose before embracing him. 

"I love you."  

Minwoo smiles and kisses me again. His tears were still rolling but we don't care. As long as we still have each other, nothing matters.