Chapter 16

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Byunghun's POV:

I was woken up by a sudden and loud knockings at my door. "Sir! It's time to wake up!" I groaned and sat up tirely. "Sir!"

"Arraso!" I shouted back. "Geez, why so early, Chanhee?"

"Chanhee? Sir, you're mistaken. Chanhee doesn't work here anymore."

"Whatever. I'm up." I said and grabbed my uniform.

As I sat down on the table for breakfast, I stared at my hot chocolate. There was something wrong. There's no marshmallows in my chocolate. Chanhee would always put three marshmallows for me. But today, there's nothing. "Chef Sang!" I shouted. "There's no marshmallows in my hot chocolate!"

"Clearly." The chef said with his stupid voice. "Here." He dipped three of them into my morning drink. But as I drank it, it's not the same. Course, it's the same hot chocolate but...it's just not the same as Chanhee.

School seemed to be the only thing that's the same. -.-" I hadn't seen Eunji lately either. Sure we text at times but after the incident with Chanhee, we haven't been talking.

I wonder what Chanhee is doing right now. No wait, Lee Byunghun, Why would you even care about Chanhee? You fired him for Christ's sake. Forget about him and move on. 

"Byunghun? YAH! LEE BYUNGHUN!" I shot up when I heard Daehyun calling me. "Yah, what's wrong with you lately?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, nothing." I answered him plainly. "What are you up to with that smile?"

Daehyun smiled brightly. "Alright so yesterday, I took out Youngjae on an amusment park date and my boyfriend was sooo adorable~I'm just really happy today~"

"You know," I began. "Youngjae is a lot younger than you but you seem to act like a little kid than him."

"Shikurrero! That's not funny! I'm overly excited around my Youngjae~"

"Yeah, Yeah, Yeah."

"So anyway, what's with the quiet 'you' lately?" Daehyun asked. "Usually when you come to school, you're always talking about Chanhee and stuff."

"Huh? Really?" I picked my head up. "I do?"

He nodded. "Yeah but now you're just gloomy." He said and started playing with his pencil. "You guys didn't fight or anything right?"

I paused. Did Chanhee and I really fight? Or was it me that was just fighting? Chanhee didn't hit me or anything, so why did we start fighting? "I....don't know."

Daehyun scoffed. "See, my Youngjae and I never fight."

"Really?"

"Yeppp,"

"So why is Youngjae talking to that girl right now?"

Daehyun shot up at my comment. He stared as Youngjae was talking to one of his female classmates. "Yah!" He ran to his boyfriend. "HEY! Get away from my Youngjae you brat!"

"Brat?!" The girl shouted. "Youngjae, do you know him?"

"Well actually, yeah."

"What?! How rude. That's it, I'm not going to be your science partner."

"No! Luna! I'm sorry!" Youngjae then glared at Daehyun. "YAH! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! NOW I DON'T HAVE A PARTNER FOR SCIENCE!"

"S-She was your science partner?" Daehyun asked innocently, playing with his fingers as he was getting scolded by his boyfriend (girlfriend).

"Aish," Youngjae said before walking off. "Expect nothing from me tonight."

"Wait! Baby, I'm sorry! Please!!! I'll buy you ice cream!"

I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Jung Daehyun really has not common sense. X333

 

After school, it was different again. Chanhee would always wait for me outside the front gate but now...it's empty. Lunch wasn't the same either. I brought a strawberry cake from the bakery but doesn't taste the same when Chanhee makes it.

The room is so silent. I remember that Chanhee would always giggle whenever I whip some cream on his nose. Now it's nothing.

After I took a shower and was heading to my room, I froze as my teddy wasn't next to my pillow. Chanhee would always place Teddy on my pillow. Always.

I sighed. Nothing's been the same ever since Chanhee left.

I stared up at the moon and it reminded me of my necklace.