Chapter 21

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Changjo's POV:

"Sweetie~" Mommy hugged me after I arrived home.

We were sorta on break and I wanted to go home for a while. I really missed Mommy and Daddy. "Umma~" I cooed. "I missed you so much."

Umma gave a small and soft laugh as he brushed my hair. "I missed you too sweetie. How's school?" I told him everything was fine and he was relieved to hear it.

"Where's appa?"

"He's at work." Mommy answered. "I think he'll be home soon."

I nodded and headed to my room, dumping all my dirty clothes in the laundry on the way. My bed is as soft as ever. I think Umma just cleaned the sheets, it smells so fresh and clean. "Honey!" Mommy shouted from downstairs. "Are you hungry? Do you want umma to make anything?"

"No thanks, umma! I ate already!"

There was a fumble downstairs and a loud yawn was audible. Appa must've come home. Gosh, people for Shanghai can hear appa's loud yawns. It must be the weather. Appa is always weird when it's hot.

"Appa!"  walked down the stairs and appa was actually surprised to see me.

"Oh?" He said with his normal tone voice. "Changjo? When did you get back?"

"Just now." I answered to appa as he sat down. "How are you and Umma doing?"

Appa sipped his coffee. "We're pretty fine. Appa got a promotion so I'm pretty busy lately."

"Liar." I said with a laugh. "Appa, I'm not a little kid anymore. I know what you two been doing. I saw white stuff on the walls. So tell me appa, was this before or after your promotion?" That wins both appa and umma completely.

They gruntled for a moment and then went back to what they were doing. "Umma! Can one of my friends sleep over?"

"Sure. Where is he?"

"I'm going to go pick him up. See ya later!" I waved them bye and headed to the mall to pick up Minwoo.

I decided he should sleep over at my house during the break since it'll be lonely in the dorms. "What took you so long?" Minwoo asked, his arms were crossed and  he puffed his cheeks at me.

I let out a chuckle and clasped my hands together. "Sorry. Forgive me, please?" I pleaded with a convincing smile. Minwoo sighed and hugged me, I'm judging he's taking it as a yes.

"We're here. Umma! Come and meet my friend!"

Umma smiled as he walked through the door. "Why, hello. What's your name?"

"M-Minwoo." He stuttered. I'm guessing Minwoo's not comfortable being around a family yet. "It's nice to meet you." He says with a bow.

Umma just smiles and guides him into our house. Appa was still laying on the couch, reading the newspaper. "Oh." He says and sits up. "Who's this, Sungyeol?"

"This is Changjo's friend." Umma smiles at me. "He'll be sleeping over the break."

"Oh. Nice to meet you. What's you're name?"

"M-Minwoo."

I chuckled again when Minwoo stuttered, earning a glare for him and then smiles back to appa. We go up to my room and settle everything. "You can sleep on my bed if you want." I say. "I'll sleep on the floor."

He shakes his head and pouts cutely. "It's ok. I'm more comfortable sleeping on the floor." Minwoo gives me a smile and my cheeks heat up. "Awww~is little Changjo blushing?~Waeyo?~" He pinches my cheek.

I plop down onto my bed and fold my legs. "So what do you want to do?" I ask. He gives me a 'Hmmm' and thinks for a while.

Minwo shrugs. "I don't know. Shouldn't we be practicing for our comeback? I seriously want to crush that JR." He says in a super scary voice.

Oh yeah, that JR. And Yook Sungjae.....he stole my chocolate milk...I still don't forgive him. "Alright. But how do we practice? We don't have Sungmin right now."

"Where is he right now?"

"He texted me that he's with that Jongup kid in the park. Something about beating and ice cream."

"Uh...sure." Minwoo says with a confused face. "We should at least choose a song. Got any ideas?" I take out my phone and scroll through my music. I shake my head, indicating I have no suggestions.

Minwoo nodded. "Hey, do you know about the boyband Boyfriend?" I ask, he shakes his head. "I heard they're making a comeback soon. I already saw their image teaser. It's pretty fresh if they ask me."

"Uh, sure." He scrolls his phone. "Maybe we can perform a ballad song this time."

"Waeyo?"

"Well, like I'm sure JR and the others are all good in dancing. But dancing can be tiring so it'll be difficult to sing or something. How about we do a ballad song?"

"Sure. What song? And please don't say T-ara's Cry Cry. Cos' that song is hella sad. I was nearly crying when the MV ended."

"......."

"What? A 16 year old can't cry?"

"Uh...yeah, ok. So Cry Cry is out. Any other songs?"

I turn to my laptop and searched up some kpop ballad songs. "TaeTiSeo's Baby Steps?" He shakes his head and says there's no rap. I scroll down. "Beast's Rainy Days? Infinite's Can U Smile? How about Teen Top's The Back of My Hand Brushes Against Yours?"

"Ooo! The last one."

"Teen Top?"

"Yeah. That one."

"Alright. I'll print out the lyrics. You sure this song?" He gives me another nod and I connect my laptop to my printer. "Print."

After I recieve the lyrics, I sat next to Minwoo on the bed. "Now we have to sort out the lines for the three of us."

"We don't have too."

"Eh, why?"

"Logic, Changjo. Teen Top has 6 members. C.A.P, Chunji, L.Joe, Niel, Ricky, Changjo. LOL at Ricky and Changjo. Anyway, I take the rap parts, C.A.P's and L.Joe's. You take the vocal parts, Chunji and Niel. And then Sungmin can take Ricky and Changjo. LOL at Ricky and Changjo again."

I nod. "Minwoo, have I ever told you how smart you are."

"No."

"Huh. You'd think I would already." That earned me a slap. "Arraso, arraso. Mian. Anyway, we should tell Sungmin to sleep over too. It'll be fun."

Minwoo giggles and nods. "Ara. Just text him already."

 

Sungmin's POV:

"No! Another game!"

"Another one? But I beat you in everything already."

"No! Another one!"

"Aish fine."

It's been like three hours that I've face Jongup. We played Basketball, Soccer, Handball, even Tennis but he keeps winning every single one! Argh! And he just smiles and tells me, 'It's ok. You'll win next time.' But I never do! Argh, he gets me mad!

"Argh! I lost again!" Feeling my legs weaken, I fall onto the floor. "It's not fair!" Jongup let's out a small laugh and carries me to the bench. Not just carrying....bridal carried me.

"Yah! Don't carry me! What do I look like to you?! A freaking princess?! Let go of me!" He ignores my shouts and places me down.

"I don't get how you don't lose your voice yet. You yell too much."

I swear, I'm going to freaking punch this guy. "You take that back! Take it back! I don't yell too much! Shut up!"

"You're yelling right now."

"No, I'm not! I'm teaching you a lesson! I'm not yelling!!!"

He just chuckles and brushes my hair behind my ear. That makes me freeze. "Finally." He says with a smile. "You finally stopped yelling. I was about to kiss you to shut up."

".....Ai....ya....."

"Anyway, you want ice cream? You must be tired since I beat you a lot." Before me answering, he leaves me and walks over to the ice cream truck.

Suddenly, my phone gets a text message from Changjo.

"Hey Sungmin. Minwoo's sleeping over at my house. Wanna sleep over too?"

"Sorry can't. i need to beat the crap out of Jongup right now. -___-"

"Oh? Then come over later."

"Ara. TTYL."

"Kay."  "Here." He says and hands me a strawberry ice cream. I take it and it while not looking at him. Still pissed that he keeps beating me. Jongup chuckles and sits next to him while having his own ice cream. "You still mad?"

"Hmph."

"How about this: we'll play again and you'll win."

"Are you going to let me win?"

"Maybe..."

"Then I'm not playing. Hmph."

"Aw, come on. Just one more game."

"No, cos' I'm going to lose again."

"No you won't. I'l let you win."

"Why are you so desperate in another game anyway?"

"Cos' I want to have fun before break ends. And a cute boy like you shouldn't be mad~come on, please~my friends are forcing to practice with them soon and I don't want to go yet~come on. Let's have some fun."

"Aish fine. Just stop your whining. But you're not going to let me win! I'll win by myself!"

"Whatever you say, Sungminnie~"