Chapter 13

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Yay! Double update! <3

Ricky's POV:

"Hey, Ricky? Try this on." Changjo said, placing a cat's ear hairband on my hair. "You look cute." He said with a smile. "It suits you. I'm going to buy it for you."

I smiled and thanked him. "Where are we going next?" I asked, suddenly hand in hand with Changjo.

He shrugged. "I don't know." He said and sat down on the park bench. "Let's sit here for a while."

And we did. We talked about stuff. I've told him about me, being fatherless and living with my mother. She works in a bar but right now...she's in an affair with this already married man.

"We fight a lot these days." I said, my voice low. Changjo was silent. "My mom says I'm disrespectful just because I'm rude to that ajusshi. It's not my fault. I just don't like him." I explained, tears watering my eyes.

"Wow...I feel sorry for you." Changjo suddenly said. "Is that why you moved into the dorms? To get away from your mom?"

I nodded. "I hate her. She's disgusting. She's not motherly."

"You shouldn't say that." Changjo snapped. "You may hate her but she raised you. She took care of you. Maybe she's with that man because she wants you to have a father."

I closed my eyes. "Still...." We were silent for a while, then I could feel Changjo getting closer. I felt his breath. Closer...closer..."That's right!" I suddenly shouted, clapping my hands. "I forgot to do my homework. I'll be going first, kay?" I quickly said, running away and towards the dorm.

I didn't mean to reject him. I just had a feeling I shouldn't love him.

Ow...my arm...

"Ricky? Ricky wake up." A soft voice came. I opened my eyes and noticed everything was just a flashback. Minwoo was standing next to me. "You alright? Your arm." He said, pointing to my scarred arm.

"Oh. Um, I'm fine."

Minwoo shook his head. "Don't lie to me." He said. "I'll help you."

After a while, Minwoo cleaned and bandaged my arm. Then, he asked me if I had a nightmare. I shook my head and decided to tell everything...even the part with Changjo.

"Oh..." He said after I explained about my mother. "Well. You're lucky." Minwoo said, leaning on the wall. "I live alone."

"Huh? Why?" I asked.

He hesitated a bit. "I don't live with my parents. So I don't know what it's like being taken care. And you have Changjo now to take care of you."

"Oh, I'm sorry." I suddenly said. "Am I taking your Changjo from you? I'm sorry...."

 

Minwoo's POV:

Something was wrong about that sentence. Changjo...was never mine. Why was I mad at Ricky for something that wasn't mine in the first place? Why did I feel jealousy about that?

"I-It's...fine."

"I can tell you like him." Ricky suddenly said. "It's ok. I won't get in your way."

"Ricky..." I tried to say something, but I don't know what.

He smiled. "Listen. You like him. And I promise." He held up his pinky. "I pinky promise I won't get in the way ok?" I was frozen for a while. Ricky is...so nice. I'm so stupid. Why was I even jealous of him?

I smiled. "Promise."

"I think we've become great friends." Ricky said brightly, giving me a big hug, I smiled and hugged him back.

"We're best friends."

 

Byunghun's POV:

I was woken up not by Chanhee, but my phone. "Hunnie!" Eunji texted me. "Hey sweetie! I'll be coming over today!" My girlfriend said. Since I just woke up, I smiled a bit weakily and texted back. "Hurry babe! I wanna see you! <3"

"Sir?" Chanhee came into the room. "Breakfast is ready." He said, moving away from the door. I just nodded and brushed past him towards the bathroom.

Breakfast was good. Chanhee made me pancakes and hot chocolate with three marshmallows floating on top. "Eunji will be coming over today." I said, wiping my mouth and staring at my servant.

"Yes sir." He said. "Do you wish in me to make some tea for her? Or buy some cake?"

I thought about it for a while. "Sure." I finally said. "Strawberry."

"Yes sir." Chanhee said in that dull voice of his. We haven't really talked much anymore but when we do, Chanhee would always answer me with that voice. And he doesn't even continue our conversations. I would always start, then he'll just end it with one line. All he's been doing is being a stupid and boring servant. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Hi, Hunnie!" Eunji suddenly appeared from the door. "Did ya miss me?"

"Eunji? How'd you get into my house?" I asked. How exactly did she?

She giggled. "Oh. The front gate was open. I guess somebody opened it before, right?"

"Aish." I said, scratching my head. "That's just my servant Chanhee. I should tell him to be more responsible next time."

 

Chanhee's POV:

"Thank you." I said to the bakery owner. I had just bought the cake and I'm walking home right now.

Things haven't been the same. Byunghun sir and I talked less and less each day. I'm starting to get a feeling where I'm just a servant to him. He's with Eunji...that cheater.

Which reminds me, I have to tell Byunghun sir fast before Eunji arrives!

"Sir!" I shouted. "We---" Eunji's here already.

"Hi Chanhee!" She said with a big smile. "How are you today?"

"I'm fine...." I said in a shaky voice. I turned to Byunghun sir. "Sir, I need to talk to you. Privately."

We walked into his bedroom and Byunghun sir sat down. "What's with this, Chanhee? You're holding up my girlfriend."

"She's cheating on you." I interuppted. "Sir, Eunji is cheating on you."

"What? Chanhee, are you crazy? Eunji's not cheating on me."

"She is, sir." I said, trying to convince him. "Sir, you have to believe---"

"I don't." He snapped. "I love Eunji. She's my girlfriend and she would never cheat on me."

"But sir---"

"What's going on?" Eunji suddenly, came into the room. I was about to tell her to mind her own business when L.Joe stopped me and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Chanhee thinks your cheating on me."

I saw Eunji's eyes flash a bit from nervous to a glare. "Yah. Do you have any proof?" She said in a strong voice. "Are you always like this? Going about, judging people without any evidence? I'm not cheating on my Byunghun!"

"Sir, you have---"

"Enough!" Byunghun sir suddenly shouted. I froze. He took a sigh. "I don't want to say this but...." He glared up at me. "Chanhee.......you're fired!"