Chapter 15

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Chanhee's POV:

I got to admit. Being around a warm family really is nice. Sungmin's mother is a really great cook, and his father is very nice. I wished I had parents like them.]

After all of us finished our turns of showering, we were gathered in the basement where Sungmin's mother had spread the blankets on the floor.

His basement was nice too. It was like a second house. The second where you step down the stairs, there's a huge plasma TV facing the couch. And then there's another set of a kitchen with a stove, a sink, oven, fridge. There's a bathroom and everything!

We talked for a while as we sat down on the blankets. I slept on the couch as Sungmin, Ricky, Changjo and Minwoo slept on the floor.

"Dinner was amazing." Changjo said, patting his stomach. I wasn't surprised. During dinner, I watched them have 5 helpings. "My mom can never cook like that."

There was a soft chuckle and then a silence. Just then, Minwoo turned to me. "Hey, Chanhee? Can I ask you a question?" I nodded. "Why did you used to work for Byunghun? You don't look any older or younger than him."

I bit my lip. "You really want to know?" I asked.

"If it's too personal, I'm sorry I asked."

"It's ok." I said with a small laugh. "I guess it all started...back when I was in an orphanage."

"You're an orphan?" Sungmin asked, his voice a bit high.

I nodded. "My parents left me there when I was three. I didn't make any friends and often get in trouble. But then one day, everything changed."

"What happen?" Ricky sounded like a five year old listening to a baby story.

"Well, everything changed in a good way," I corrected myself. "One day, Byunghun and his dad came into an orphanage and asked for a child with special traits. He said he needed a personal servant for his son. One that has kindness in their heart and gentle as feathers." I continued. "He looked around at every child, each frozen at his sight. Then he looked at me. I was the only child smiling and actually moved."

The kids were silent.

"He smiled back at me." I continued. "And Byunghun said introduced himself. At first, Byunghun had called me a girl and said that I was pretty. When I told him he was incorrect, he still said I was pretty. His father saw the connection between the two of us and adopted me as Byunghun's personal servant."

"Did everything work out well, I mean, being a young servant." Changjo asked.

I nodded at his answer. "It was difficult at first but...I was always strong when I knew that Byunghun was cheering for me. Heck, I don't know who took care of who, it may seem that I take care of Byunghun, but to me, Byunghun's the one actually taking care of me."

"But what about now? Now that...you don't work for him."

I shook my head. "I don't know. I guess I need to get a new job and move on with my life......"

"Kids!" Sungmin's mother shouted from upstairs. "Time to sleep!"

"Neh, Umma!" Sungmin replied and turned to us. "You heard the woman! Time to sleep!"

"Excuse me?!" His umma heard him. "Sungmin, watch your mouth!"

"Neh....."

***

It was probably midnight when I woke up. I couldn't go back to sleep. Suddenly, I felt something tickled on my chest. It was my half-moon necklace. Byunghun had the other half when he broke it apart for me.

He promised me that we'll always be together and that a half moon will always connect with a full moon, giving me the other half.

I sighed. Were promises meant to be broken?

 

****************************************************************************************************************************************

I'm going for a double update since I won't be able to have time to do anything tomorrow.

Chapter 16 will probably be updated later tonight.

Stay tuned! :)