Chapter 11

We Can't Be Just Friends...(Sequel to Just Friends....Right?)

Byunghun's POV:

When I woke up, Chanhee had left a note on my desk saying that he's out with groceries. Sometimes I wished he was never my servant. We'd live under the same house and have fun. But no~my stupid father made him my servant. Why can't we go back to the good old times?

The park was fresh. There were many dogs and other pets, mainly dogs. I liked walking in parks in the morning. "Hey! Cocoa! Come back!" A girl shouted after her dog that was coming towards me.

I stopped and leaned down. Her dog was already in front of me, its on the floor and waddling its tail. I smiled when I began petting it. "I'm guessing this is your dog?" I said.

The girl nodded, trying to catch her breath. "Mhm. He's Cocoa. Thanks for getting him." She picked up the pup and held out a hand to me. "I'm Eunji. You?"

I shook her hand. "Byunghun." Cocoa began squirming, indicating that he doesn't want to be held. Eunji chuckled and put down Cocoa. "He's cute." I said.

"Yeah." She said. "Wanna walk together? I don't wanna walk alone." She said and I agreed.

We talked for a while and noticed that we had lots on common. She likes my mom's design clothes, her dad owns some of my dad's cars and we like the same kpop bands. A Pink, Teen Top, T-ara, Boyfriend, Co-ed School, etc.

"My favorite song is T-ara Lovey Dovey. It's so catchy, right?" She turned to me with her bright eye smile. Who couldn't feel happy around her?

Later, we entered the festival at Roosevelt Hall.

"Wow!" We both proclaimed. The place was full of booths, games, and there was a stage at the end. "This is so cool." Eunji said, looking at the dough dolls.

"Do...you want one?" I asked, pointing to the pig doll she was looking at. Eunji just smiled.

"I used to love to make them when I was a little girl. Especially the piggy."

 

Ricky's POV:

This school is a lot different with my old one. I miss all my friends. Ann J, Namjoo, *sigh* But at least that Changjo kid is a bit nice.

Sungmin's a bit weird but he's funny and Minwoo...I haven't talked to him much. Does he hate me or something? Impossible. I've never talked to him and I've done nothing that would agrivate him.

"Hey." Changjo walked up to me from behind. "How do you like it here so far?"

I shrugged. "It's pretty nice. But it takes me a while to get use to things." I said with a small chuckle. "What's there to do around here?"

Changjo paused for a moment, his eyes wide and round while staring at the ceiling. "Well." He said. "My group dance practice is about to start. Do you want to watch us?"

"Dance practice? For what?" I asked, my voice innocent.

He smiled that cute smile of his. "Come on. I'll show you."

***

We walked into an empty dance room. "Hey! Changjo!" Minwoo shouted. Then he turned to me and stopped. I have a feeling he doesn't like me. "Oh. Hey, Ricky."

I just gave a bow, don't wanna be rude. "Hi." I said with a smile. "Changjo told me that you guys are a group called Triple Threat." Sungmin, I think, nodded. "That's so cool!" I continued. "Can you show me a dance?"

"Well." Sungmin began as he wiped his bangs. "We're practicing for the Spring Festival right now. We're doing B.A.P's Power. Have you seen the MV?"

I nodded entusiastically. "Yes! I love the MV! Bang Yong Guk is so cool! He has purple hair now!"

"Yeah and Zelo has pink hair! Gosh, finally someone who understands hairstyles!" I laughed at his comment.

"Hey," Minwoo said with a dull voice. "We should be practicing. Come on."

"Alright, alright." Sungmin said. He walked to the speaker but stopped when he got in front of me and smiled. "Hm...you're not the scardy freshman type. Nor the lonely, annoying one." He chuckled. "Hey~I actually like this freshman." Sungmin said with a smile to Changjo and nudged my shoulder. "We'll be great friends right?"

I nodded and bowed. Then I turned to Minwoo and smiled. I held out my hand. "Friends?" I said. I saw Minwoo hesitate a little but then accepted my friend request. "Thanks." I said, smiling brightly.

 

Chanhee's POV:

Byunghun sir has been gone for a while now. I wonder what he's doing. It's almost 10 and dinner is getting cold. Where is he?

I was cleaning his room when a picture suddenly fell down Byunghun sir's top shelf. I looked at the picture and smiled. It was an old picture.

The two of us were five and it was Christmas. Mistress probably took the picture since Byunghun kissed my cheek when I was eating marshmallows.

I giggled. "Good times." I said out loud but then frowned. "I wish we can go back being like that before...that incident occured."

"I'm home!" Byunghun sir suddenly called out on the front door.

I rushed myself out and dropped the photo. Byunghun sir was untying his shoes. "Sir! Where have you been! I was so worried!"

He chuckled and stood up. "Mianhae~I made a new friend today."

"New...friend?" I said. "Who is he?"

"Well...not really a he." Byunghun sir answered. "More like a her."

"Oh...." I felt really uncomfortable when he said that. Why? Why was I feeling like that? I'm just a....servant.

"Is dinner ready?" Byunghun sir asked, more like sang. He's such in a great mood because...of his new friend. "Oh...it's cold." Sir added, his voice flat.

I cleared my throat. "Sorry, sir." I said and picked up his plate. "I'll go warm it up." I put the food in the microwave and pushed in the buttons while listening to Byunghun sir go on and on about that girl, who he said Eunji.

"She was so pretty, Chanhee! And her voice is so amazing! Oh and her eye smile! Gosh, she was so cool at singing." Without him realizing, I felt a huge emotion of both sadness and jealousy build up inside me.

Byunghun used to say that to me when we were little. He said he'd loved my singing and my smile...but now it's that Eunji girl.

I shook my head. Chanhee, I'm just a servant, just a servant to Byunghun sir. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Sir." I said, walking into the dining room. "Dinner's ready."