Saengil Chukha Sungyeol!

The Point is, I love you

 

“Seomi!” I heard my mom repeatedly say my name from downstairs.

“Waat ggeejaaah jeeckkk iisssh guuwing un dawn der?”  (what the heck is going on down there) I muttered, tired from yesterday.

“Seomi!” My mom continued to yell.

*Oh my gash. When will my umma realize that I’m the laziest thing in the world?* I thought.

After screaming my name for the 1234568900th time, she finally stopped. I heaved a sigh in relief and rolled on my bed to continue sleeping. I was about to close my eyes again when suddenly, my door abruptly went open.

“WHAT THE FART?!” I sat up.

“Wake up Seomi-ah! I can’t believe you’re sleeping this late when our best friend’s birthday would start in an hour!” Myungsoo screamed.

 My head was still flying around as my eyebrows were furrowed; I looked and stared at him like I totally don’t know anything, when really, I seriously didn’t remember anything at all.

“Hello?? Earth to Seomi!” he snapped me out of it.

*Oh yes! Sungyeollie’s birthday~!* I remembered.

I abruptly stood up and pushed Myungsoo out of my room. I did my daily routine, and went out fresh and ready for his birthday, I went downstairs and found my mom watching early morning TV shows.

“Umma...” I called.

“Oh, you’re ready dear?” she asked then continued, “Myungsoo already left. He says he still needs to fetch his girl.”

“Hmmm...” I nodded, already used to Myungsoo leaving me.

My mom let out a chuckle making me turn to her. “What?” I asked, wondering what’s funny.

“Haha. Nothing. You know what? Myungsoo left with bright red ears and cheeks.” She continued chuckling.

“Wae?” I asked as I chewed some fruits and drink some soya milk.

“He told me that he needed to fetch his girl then was about to leave when suddenly I replied, ”Isn’t Seomi your girl?” I pretended not to know that he already has a girlfriend. Haha.” She continued to laugh.

“What.the.heck.umma?!” my eyes widened with what she said.

“Oh come on Seomi-ah! Forgive your umma. I just wanted to kid Myungsoo. I mean, where you guys were still young, everyone else thought that you’d be a cute couple!”

I crunched my nose, telling her that I felt icky when the real thing is that how I wished that that could have been true until now.

“Bitter much?” my mom asked like she was somewhere near my age.

“Yeh. Yeh. Stop teasing me umma. I’m going to Sungyeol’s party now!” I ran for the door.

“STOP RIGHT THERE YOUNG LADY!” she commanded all of a sudden. “You know I won’t let you go out alone! I know that that’s an overnight party!” she went protective all of a sudden.

I gave her a look that loudly says, ‘I CAN MANAGE.’ But she insisted on making our neighbour, Jonghyun-hal abeoji drive me.

-----------

“Thank you grandpa- Jjong.” I bowed after we reached the resort.

“Okay. Be safe Seomi-ah!” he waved and drove off.

Just as after I turned around to enter the gates, I saw Sungyeol in front of me.

“Oh! Annyeong Sungyeollie! Saengil Chukha!” I brightly greeted.

“Hi.” He plainly replied.

I gave him a what’s-the-matter look then he suddenly spoke, ”You’re late.”

“Ah! Mianhe Sungyeollie. I woke up yet.” I sheepishly replied.

“PLUS, You’re wearing short shorts and dress young LADY!” he screamed.

“Eh?” I looked at my outfit.

 

“Sungyeol, this is a resort party. Shouldn’t I be wearing shor—“

“No!” he cut me off. “Because you’re MY girl.”

“WHAT?!”

“It’s my birthday. Give oppa a kiss!” he pointed at his lips, as he did the duck face.

“What the heck? It’s either you’re already drunk or you’re bipolar.” I told him.

“hehehehe.” He laughed. “It’s my advance birthday wish and that’ll be your birthday gift to me!”

“What?” I asked again, totally not getting anything.

“Be my girl for the day!” he beamed.