Chapter 4

Love is Blind

 

Kyuhyun

 

“Would you get out from behind that book shelf and clean up your mess. You know I love you, but there’s only so much I can do here. Just get through the rest of the day, huh?” Jessica said to Kyuhyun as she glared at him clutching his chest behind the bookshelf.

He looked at her and scowled. “I’m going, I’m going. I just slipped and…”

Kyuhyun froze when he saw the blind boy standing behind Jessica staring at him. For the second time that day he forgot the older boy was blind; He was looking him straight in the eye. Kyuhyun felt like Siwon was searching his soul, and he was a little bit frightened of what the other was seeing. Curious as to why Kyuhyun had stopped mid sentence, Jessica turned and noticed Siwon’s presence.

Oh, excuse me for being so impolite.” She said grabbing Siwon’s hand. “Siwon oppa, this is Cho Kyuhyun.” He’s the younger brother of a friend of mine. He just started working here and he’s having a bit of trouble.”

At this point Kyuhyun figured Jessica couldn’t be more annoying if she tried. He was about to say so when Siwon spoke instead.

“It’s nice to meet you Kyuhyun.” he said and Kyuhyun remembered the older boy was blind as he looked at Siwon’s arm outstretched in slightly the wrong direction.

He took his hand and meant to say hello, but he just stared into Siwon’s eyes in silence.

“Ehem” Jessica snorted making Kyuhyun very aware of the fact that he was holding the older boy’s hand and was just staring.

“Yeah, you too” he said quickly.

He could feel the blood rush to his cheeks as he looked away from the older boy. Thank god he didn’t see that he thought to himself, closely followed by the thought that he should go to hell for thanking god for Siwon’s blindness. Jessica grabbed Siwon’s hand and gave a death glare in Kyuhyun’s direction. Kyuhyun clearly saw that the glare meant for him to get lost and he happily obliged.

“Bye” he said eager to get back to work, or at least eager to get away from the ‘couple,’ but Siwon spoke again as he turned to leave.

“Wait, can I talk to you for a bit?” He said to Kyuhyun pulling his hand from Jessica’s.

“Jessica I’ll see you later. I’m headed home anyways”

Kyuhyun tried not to laugh when Jessica told the older boy to call her. He wants to talk to me not you ha ha ha, he thought. …Oh , he wants to talk to me?

Before Siwon could say anything Kyuhyun decided to get the hell out of that situation.

“What do you want?” Kyuhyun said in the most annoyed voice he could muster. “Didn’t you hear what she said? I have to work, and you’re in my way.”

He purposely bumped into Siwon shoulder as he walked by and he was glad that was over. At least that’s what he thought. The blind boy grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm and turned him back around.

“I just wanted to apologize again for earlier” he said. “I hope I didn’t cause you too much trouble with Jessica. Really, I’m sorry.”

Kyuhyun was blushing again at Siwon’s touch. He really wished he would stop making him blush.

“Just stop touching me, and leave before you cause me anymore problems.” He yelled a little more forcefully than he had intended.

Kyuhyun watched the older boys expression change at what he said and he felt guilty, and a little stupid. Okay, he felt a lot stupid. He had just yelled at the only person who had been nice to him in a long time, but Kyuhyun wasn’t the kind of person who just apologized to anyone, so he decided on the next best thing. Siwon had made his way to the exit and Kyuhyun quickly walked out of the building before the older boy could get too far and thanked him for not telling Jess about his yelling fit earlier. He walked away as fast as he could so the boy couldn’t make him blush again, but Siwon smiled and Kyuhyun walked back in to the building holding his chest; his face the color of a ripe cherry. He would never tell anyone, but when he woke up the next day, he was very excited for work… or something like that.

A whole week went by, and nothing. Kyuhyun was back to hating his job and he had forgotten all about the gorgeous boy with the dimples that would make God jealous. Well, he hadn’t exactly forgotten about the boy… Truth be told, Kyuyhun had thought about Choi Siwon every day since they had bumped into each other, not that he would admit it, even to himself. Kyuhyun was used to disappointment. He just kept telling himself that it would be better if he didn’t see the boy again anyways. Besides, what were the chances that the blind guy he bumped into on his first day of work just happened to be gay and would fall madly in love with him? Not that he wanted that anyways.

“Oppa!” he heard from the front of the library.

He looked out from behind the bookshelf he was stocking and saw Siwon smiling widely at his obnoxious supervisor. That sight was enough to pull him back to his senses, and make him nauseous. I will not think about Siwon any more he thought to himself; Never again. 

After thinking about Siwon for a good ten minutes or so he looked out from the bookshelf again. Siwon was still stuck at the front desk talking to Jess, but the phone rang and she had to do her job again. I don’t want to talk to him, he thought trying to convince himself not to do something stupid. I don’t want to talk to him; I don’t want to talk to him; I DON’T WANT TO TALK TO HIM!… I have to talk to him. It was now or never, Kyuhyun thought silently after losing his mental battle concerning the older boy. Just don’t be an idiot Kyuhyun. He walked over to Siwon and said the first thing that came to his mind.

“Can I help you with anything sir?”

…I’m an Idiot.