Chapter 18

Love is Blind

 

 

 

Kyuhyun 

 

“God, I can’t believe you did that! You do know you’re evil, right?” He asked with a wide smile still plastered on his face.

OH MY GOD! He asked to come over to check up on me, Kyuhyun thought giddily. He tried to glare at Ara, but failed miserably. He wants to see me? He couldn’t get rid of his smile even if he wanted to.

“You know you love me” she joked as she poked him lightly in the stomach.

He frowned as best he could and tried to glare at her yet again. “Don’t poke my fat” he blurted out with his bottom lip jutted out in a full pout.

“Oh don’t look at me like that,” she laughed, and gave him a little hug before poking him again.

“So, I’m going to a friend’s wedding on Saturday, Tiffany, you remember right? She really wants you to come to by the way, but anyways, besides that, I’m free for the rest of the weekend. Why’d you ask?” Her face changed from curiosity to elation and her jaw dropped.

“Kyu!” She shrieked excitedly, “Oh my god, did he ask you out? Wait, no, he didn’t or you wouldn’t need to know what I was up to, right?... Or do you just want me out of the house so you can get him all alone? Naughty!”

She smirked and moved into his personal space poking him repeatedly.

“What what what? Stop it!”

Her poking was annoying and Kyuhyun was extremely ticklish. He giggled and tried to push her hands away but ended up falling flat on his instead.

“Ow” he yelled looking at her accusingly.

She suppressed a laugh and yanked him up off the floor. “Oops.” she said covering her smile with the back of her hand.

“No Ara, he didn’t ask me out.” He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Besides I don’t even think he’s gay. What would be the chances of that? Perfect, gorgeous, and gay? I doubt it… Ugh.”

She gave him a knowing look and he rolled his eyes again.

“Don’t you roll your eyes at me” she said frowning. “I really, really think he likes you.”

She’d made up her mind not to mention how Siwon had doted on him the night before and how he’d kissed Kyuhyun’s forehead when he thought she wasn’t looking. Besides, it was fun to see her baby brother so frazzled. It wasn’t often that she got the chance to see him like this. She found it funny and ridiculously adorable. She couldn’t help but wonder if maybe she was a little evil. She was Kyuhyun’s sister after all.

He was a little confused at why she seemed so sure about the older boy’s interest in him, but he pushed it aside. He was often confused by her and her secret female intuition.

“Always the optimist.” He smiled and shook his head. “He just wanted to come over to see if I was okay and I kinda sorta said he could come and do something with us and… well, Jess too. Well I wasn’t the one who brought up Jessica but…”

He trailed off into contemplative silence and Ara had to clear to regain his attention.

“Um right, so would you want to do something with me, him and Jess (he added a grunt on to the end of her name and grimaced) on Friday?” he asked with a pathetic pleading look in his eyes.

“Of course” she said smiling reassuringly back at him. “Ooh how about we have a barbeque! I got some free steaks from work a few days ago… Don’t ask” she added at her brother’s quizzical expression.

He was relieved when she had agreed to spend the weekend with him. She had so many friends that he had to wonder how many people he would be disappointing by holding his sister’s attention. Not that he really cared about any of them mind you. He just hoped that she wouldn’t regret it. He wasn’t the most fun person to spend time with. Or so he’d been told… Over and over and over again.

“Hey, will you ask Jess for me, and try not to say anything embarrassing about me… or anything about me at all. We all know that you girls like to gossip, but just don’t.” If Jessica found out he was crushing on Siwon, whom he had a strong suspicion she was also crushing on, he might die of embarrassment.

Ara realized the request wasn’t so much a question, but a demand, though after knowing Jessica and her baby brother for all of her life it wasn’t really a surprise to her. If it had anything to do with Jessica, it was her job to deal with it and she was, perhaps shockingly, alright with it. Probably because she knew somewhere deep down that Kyuhyun really cared about her best friend. Deep, deep down.

She smiled and gestured to the phone he was still holding in his hand.

“Soooo, are you going to call him back then, or do I need to dial the number for you?”

“Oh shut up,” he muttered quietly as he looked down at the phone.

You can do this Cho Kyuhyun, he thought trying to pump himself up. Just dial the number, come on. He stared at the phone for a few seconds before completely freaking himself out. But what if he doesn’t really want to hang out. He was probably just being nice, or worse, he probably just felt sorry for me, or maybe he’s just trying to hook up with Ara. No, wait, he asked to see me right? Call him, just call him. What is wrong with you? Call him call him call him.

He looked up when Ara started laughing and he stared crossly at her. She walked over to him and took the phone out of his hand. Before he could protest much the phone was ringing and she had put the phone back into his hand, ignoring the look of shock on his face.

“Hello?” Siwon’s husky voice, which Kyuhyun found ridiculously y, answered and Kyuhyun had to remind himself to breathe before replying.

“Hi, um, this is Kyuhyun… again.” He smacked his face with his open palm. I am such an idiot he thought shaking his head.

“Oh hey Kyu, so what’s the plan?”

He reflexively corrected the nickname and told him about the plans for Friday. There was something comforting about talking to Siwon and he automatically smiled when Siwon asked if he could bring anything along.

 “If you want.” he answered, a bit surprised at the older boy’s offer.

He looked at Ara, who was shamelessly giggling at him and he decided that two could play that game.

“Ara kind of at cooking, so maybe you could bring a back up meal.”

His sister looked at him and gasped angrily… well as angrily as she could muster.

“Hey, I do not at cooking” she claimed as Kyuhyun started to chuckle lightly.

Kyuhyun was well aware of the fact that she most definitely did not at cooking and he quickly and insincerely apologized while trying (unsuccessfully) to stifle his happy outburst. Not even the truth could keep him from making a joke when the time seemed right; especially when it might lead to hearing Siwon laugh. It had become one of his favorite sounds over the past few weeks and his sister’s pouty expression couldn’t bring down his mood when he heard the older boy laughing on the other line. However, her laughing right back at the blush that spread over his entire face did the trick.

Kyuhyun turned away from his sister to avoid her mocking expression and decided to end the call before he said anything stupid in his flustered state.

“You can bring anything you’d like. I’ll see you then?” he asked biting his lip nervously.

The thought that Siwon might change his mind had weaseled its way into the younger boy’s head but he breathed out a sigh of relief when Siwon said yes, and he had to mentally force the giddy giggle back down his throat when the older boy added that he couldn’t wait. Well at least until he had hung up the phone. He couldn’t stop it after that. Even when Ara started an enthusiastic chorus of ‘Kyu and Siwon sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G’  he didn’t stop smiling. Though he grabbed the nearest pillow and chucked it at her, barely missing as she ducked around the corner and snickered at his bad aim.

 

 

 

Sorry this one's shorter than the previous ones *hides behind corner with Ara* Don't hate me ;)
Hope you like it, more brother and sister fun :) Wonkyu just around the corner!