Chapter 12

Love is Blind

 

 

Kyuhyun 

 

He came back to his senses as the next singer gave him a small pat on the back.

“You’re amazing duuude” the stranger said in a slightly slurred voice that made Kyuhyun roll his eyes.

Then the man started singing Copacabana, a karaoke classic (or so he was told), in a key that must have come from another planet; A terrifying planet where singing was used as a torture device. At least that’s what Kyuhyun figured. As he clasped his hands over his ears he walked away from the stage with the sole intent of getting out of the bar as fast as possible. I’ll just tell Ara that I don’t feel well and then I’ll bolt. The last thing I need right now is for Siwon to see me, he thought absentmindedly as he walked back towards Ara and her friends.

He was staring at the ground and walking quickly to avoid the obvious glances he was receiving throughout the room. A few people paused to compliment him and ask him if he sang professionally. He smiled a bit and paused a few times to say thank you. It had been a long time since he had sung like that and he had to admit that it felt good.

“Um, hey so, you were like amazing” a pretty blonde said flirtatiously grabbing his arm as he walked by.

He looked up at her and smiled graciously as she praised him and tried to get his number, but his attention was immediately diverted when he saw Siwon pick his sister up off the ground and spin her once before putting her down with a huge grin on her face. What the hell? He suddenly felt very annoyed and didn’t even bother to say anything to the pretty girl staring at him with wide open as he walked away.

“Jerk!” She yelled angrily, embarrassed at being completely dissed in front of her friends.

But he didn’t hear her, nor did he care about her or her friends. All he cared about was the reason that Siwon had just hugged his sister when the gorgeous older boy hadn’t even hugged him yet. Not fair… so not fair, he thought as he started walking a little faster. He’d forgotten about his plan to get out of the bar and he was walking straight towards the reason for the plan in the first place. He was going to figure out what was going on and get Siwon as far away from Ara as humanly possible, as fast as humanly possible. It would be just his luck that Siwon would fall deeply and madly in love with her. He would be left with no choice but to spend the rest of his life having ual fantasies about his brother-in-law.

“Hey”

Kyuhyun froze when Ara called out for him and motioned that he come over. He started to hyperventilate slightly as the sudden realization of why he wanted to leave the bar hit him. Before he could tell his feet to make a run for it Siwon turned around and showed his dimples to Kyuhyun, who stood frozen just a few feet from the smiling older boy. He inhaled a sharp breath when Siwon turned to him, but then he noticed the cane steadying his tall frame. Oh, right… Well on the bright side, he can’t see me, he thought as he looked back at the older boy’s beautiful face. He suddenly felt a mix of sadness and disappointment as he remembered Siwon’s condition. How can I keep forgetting? Kyuhyun swore he could stare at that face all day long. Siwon was perfect. He was overwhelmingly y. His tall, perfectly sculpted body was standing just in front of him. He could reach out and touch the older boy and he wouldn’t even see it coming. He wouldn’t even see… Kyuhyun tried to shake himself out of his current train of thought when he felt tears building around the rim of his eyes. Get a grip Kyuhyun, he thought shaking his head. Fortunately Siwon spoke, breaking Kyuhyun’s train of thought as quickly as he had started thinking it.

“Kyu” the older said with a radiating smile on his face.

“Kyuhyun” he said reflexively the second the boy had called him the name, but he smiled slightly as he corrected Siwon this time.

“I didn’t know you could sing, you were, you are brilliant.” Siwon gushed as he stepped towards Kyuhyun.

He felt his heart flutter at the older boy’s compliment and he couldn’t hide the rising blush on his face.

“Really! I don’t think I’ve ever heard anything more beautiful and…” the older boy abruptly stopped taking and looked towards the ground.

Kyuhyun noticed the red tint slowly crawling across Siwon’s face and it made his heart beat even faster. He couldn’t remember the last time he had felt so flattered, and he could tell that it was probably embarrassing for Siwon to compliment a boy he barely knew, or maybe… No, he’s not in love with you moron, he had to remind himself.  He thanked the gorgeous older boy quickly, but sincerely. The older boy lifted his head and flashed a shy smile at him. Kyuhyun held his breath as Siwon opened his mouth to speak again, but then his bad luck struck.

“Damnit” he said loudly without thinking.

Jessica was at Siwon’s side and wrapped her arms around his strong bicep and gave Kyu a small smirk; most likely because of the blush that was still present on his face.

“What’s wrong are you okay?”

To Kyuhyun’s surprise, Siwon gently pulled his arm from Jessica’s and stepped towards Kyuhyun. He looked up in shock at the concern on the older boy’s face.

“So Jess, you told me how great Siwon is, but you forgot to mention how handsome he is.” Ara interrupted after seeing the look of anger in Jess’s eyes and that Kyuhyun’s were the size of saucers.

She smiled and nudged Jess, taking her mind off of Siwon and Kyuhyun. Siwon turned towards her, laughed, and thanked her while denying that he could be that good looking anyways. Kyuhyun looked at Ara who was staring at him with one eyebrow raised. He flinched at the slight smile playing on her lips. She knew. She always knew.

He looked away, trying to avoid her gaze as he felt his face flush and burn up.

“Be right back” he said to his sister, and whoever else was listening.

 She smiled at him again and he sprinted to the bathroom as fast as his legs could carry him. Between Siwon’s concern, Jessica’s fury and his sister’s all-knowing look, Kyuhyun panicked. He pushed open the door and paced the length of the room for several minutes before his inner monologue spilled out of his mind.

“Relax Kyuhyun, you have to breathe…” he spoke out loud as he paced back and forth across the tile. “Inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale. God, why is he so perfect? And Jessica... UGH” he shouted in frustration. 

After a few minutes of nervously walking back and forth across the tile, he decided that it would probably be safe to exit the restroom. He reminded himself that Siwon was on a date. After that long he was surely back seated at their table discussing her clothing preferences and Kyuhyun could sneak out of the bar without drawing the couple’s attention again. He wouldn’t have to keep talking to Siwon, which as far as he was concerned could only make things worse at this point, and hopefully his sister would wait until they left before bombarding him with questions. Hopefully.

He leaned against the bathroom wall and took a deep breath when everything suddenly went black.

 

 

It’s not as ominous as it seems, I promise ;) Oh and thank you, and keep commenting! It keeps me writing :)