Chapter 7

Love is Blind

Siwon

 

Siwon was thrilled that he’d have another chance at getting to know the mysterious Cho Kyuhyun. He was also pretty curious as to the book Kyuhyun would pick out for him.

He was about to start making his way over to the Braille section when Kyuhyun spoke quietly. “So, uh, how does this work? Do I need to hold your hand or something?”

Siwon sensed an unpleasant undertone to the boy’s question and it made him chuckle. He realized that he probably shouldn’t be amused by the boy’s crass personality, but it was strangely addictive. Usually he would explain that he knew his way around the library and that he could walk there with no problems, but where would be the fun in that?

“I could hold on to your shoulder or your elbow if it would make you more comfortable.” He said trying to keep a straight face.

He smiled and finally told the younger boy that he could follow his voice if that would better suit him. Since Kyuhyun had already expressed his disgust in Siwon touching him, he figured it would be best to offer him an option that didn’t include physical contact. Kyuhyun could hear the boy’s footsteps as he started to walk away from where he was standing.

“So um what kind of book do you want to read?” The younger boy asked as he moved further away.

“Surprise me,” he said winking unconsciously. “Oh and it has to be Braille” he added when he realized Kyuhyun might forget his handicap again.

The thought of Kyuhyun forgetting that he was blind made him smile. It wasn’t often that someone forgot that fact. They were more likely to remember that than his name, but not this boy. This boy was different.

Siwon moved his feet forward, but realized the other boy had stopped talking so he decided to have some fun.

“Kyu?” he pleaded as though he was a child lost in an amusement park. “Still blind here.”

He heard Kyuhyun’s foot steps speed up as he came back to his side.

“Kyuhyun” the younger boy said, sounding extremely annoyed.

Siwon waited for him to start talking and walking again, but the boy stayed quiet for a while.

“Sorry um I, well do you… what can… I can’t really think of anything to say” he said slightly surprising the older boy with his honesty.

Siwon just smiled. He was sure Kyuyhun would think of something to say eventually. If not, he could always start a conversation; even if it meant that he would have to reveal that he could find his way on his own. But before he could ask the boy a question about himself, Kyuhyun shocked Siwon by grabbing his hand.

“Screw it” he muttered as he started to pull Siwon along.

Siwon laughed and went along without a second thought. When they got to the Braille section he just kept holding Kyuhyun’s hand. At first he just wanted to mess with him, but there was something nice about holding that soft slender hand in his. He started to question it, but the boy shook his hand away and he went back to pondering the boy’s odd personality. There was something warm and almost sweet about the younger boy, behind the cruel words and harsh tone of voice. Maybe he had a six sense that made up for his blindness. Whether that was the case or not, he knew there was more to Kyuhyun than his sharp tongue.

Kyuhyun handed him a book and asked if was alright. Siwon felt the small bumps of title and was surprised to find out that he hadn’t read that particular book yet. He felt like he had read them all at least twice. Of course they had gotten a new shipment in. He was excited to read the book so he took a seat at his usual couch, but for some reason the thought of reading the book still wasn’t quite as exciting as the person who had given it to him. And before he could stop himself, he was asking Kyuhyun about himself, clearly forgetting that the younger boy was just doing his job. He asked him his age and then he asked about his family, but before Kyuhyun could respond to his second question he heard another all too familiar voice.

“Kyu” Jessica interrupted. “There’s a customer at the checkout desk. Be a doll and help them out?”

Her request sounded sickly sweet and he found himself feeling more annoyed at the girl than usual for making the boy leave. She plopped down beside him and wrapped her arms around his. After what felt like hours of mindless chatter his watch beeped and he realized he was running late.

“Sorry Jess, I’ve got to get going, I’m late for a meeting” he said truly apologetic for always cutting her off mid-sentence.

“Oh, alright” she replied with a sigh. “Before you go… you never answered my question. Would you like to go on a date with me this Tuesday? I promise it’ll be great.” “My treat” she added hoping to get him to say yes.

Siwon had known Jessica for years. She had always been a flirt, but she hadn’t asked him out before that day, not that he remembered anyways. Well, I guess it couldn’t hurt, he thought before answering. Plus, she’s a sweet girl and who knows, maybe there’s more to her.

“Sounds great” he said trying to sound enthusiastic about the idea.

Plus, he was late and needed to get out of there as fast as he could. She squealed and Siwon had to wonder if he’d made the right choice. Too late now, he reasoned with himself as he pulled her off his arm and turned to leave.

“See you Tuesday” she said smiling.

Yeah, see you then” he replied. As he walked to the exit a smile snuck onto his lips.

“And I’ll see YOU next weekend Kyu,” he shouted loudly so wherever the younger boy was he was sure to hear it.

He opened the door and stepped outside, but not before he heard a flustered scream in response.

“Kyuhyun!”

 

Thanks for all the subscriptions and the comments!!! ♥ ♥ ♥