Apologies and Confusion

That Girl, That Boy

'Yoboseyo? Oh, Shinyeong-ah? Is that you?'

'Yeah, it's me... I want your help, oppa'

'Anything for my donseng! What's up?'

'I don't know how to say this...'

'Just tell me. Oppa will help you with anything'

'I...I...I want to bring Haneul Shin down'

On the other end of the line, Jun Sook smiled to himself. This is the perfect way to bring those damned EXO boys down too. 

'I knew you'd change your mind'

 

***

 

It's Chemistry, a class you pretty much ace and as per usual, you were sat next to Kai. There was a knock on the classroom door and Aoi called him out to quickly attend some matters. Kai apologised to you, saying he'd be back soon and left to see what the fuss was about. As soon as he was down the corridor, Daehyun shifted himself to move next to you. You stared at him, wide eyed and Baekhyun did a double take from the other side of the lab to check what was happening. 

'I know you probably want nothing to do with me'

You looked at him pointedly. 

'And I don't blame you. I was a right jerk'

You snorted. 

'Jerk? You were a total , Jung Daehyun' you hissed.

The words stung him momentarily and you took the time to calm yourself. Haneul, you told the others not to make a big deal out of it and here you are doing the exact opposite. Daehyun interrupted your train of thought once again. 

'I know this is a stupid apology but will you hear me out on this one? Please just give me a chance to explain'

You glared at him and passed a test tube over. 

'Go on then. Say what you have to say. I'll listen'

Daehyun held your hand and Baekhyun shot up out of his chair. 

'Baekhyun-ssi? Something the matter?' said your teacher

Baekhyun sat back down. 

'Erm... No, nothing's wrong. Sorry'

You pulled your hand away from him sharply. 

'I didn't say you could touch me. I said you could say whatever it is you want to say. So hurry up before Kai gets back and kicks your '

Daehyun didn't like the way you spoke so highly of Kai. It made him alll the more irritated and all the more passionate about getting rid of EXO's status in the school. He took a deep breath. 

'Okay, what I wanted to say was that I'm so for acting the way I did. I was drunk and stupid and foolish-'

'You took drugs! You could get expelled from school for doing that! Drugs, Daehyun! Dru-'

Daehyun lept up and covered your mouth. Baekhyun hovered again, making sure you were okay. You shoved Daehyun and he fell off his stool onto the floor. 

'Jung Daehyun-ssi? Are you okay?' said the teacher

Daehyun got up and waved to him. 

'Yeah, I'm fine. Just fell off my chair, that's all'

He sat back down and you softened slightly seeing a small bruise already forming on his elbow. You carried on mixing a few drops of the saline solution in the limewater, acting disinterested. 

'Is that all you wanted to say?'

'No... I wanted to apologise and...'

'And?'

'And be friends again...'

You inhaled sharply. 

'No'

'No?...'

'No. What you did to me is something no one should ever feel. How can I just forgive you? Tell me that'

You passed the test tube along to him and he began the timer. 

'Haneul... The last few weeks have been hell for me'

'And I care because?...' I know I'm being harsh but I have to be. 

'Because... They were hard for me because I didn't have you. I needed a friend to help me pull through but I felt so disgusted with myself. I still feel disgusted with myself for being such a-'

'Douschebag? Jerk? ? Idiot?'

Daehyun went silent. 

'I know you hate me but... I really treasure our friendship. Can we not just start again? I'll never take drugs or drink near you. I want to be close to you again' I need to be close to you again for the plan. 

You gave it some thought. To be fair, Daehyun helped me a lot. He was with me when we were locked in the sports building overnight and I liked cheering for him at the sports festival too... You looked into his eyes and were tricked by the look of gratitude in them. He looked so sincere to you. 

'Alright. I forgive you, Daehyun. Let's start afresh, okay?'

Daehyun gasped. 

'Really?! We'll be friends? Thank you Haneul! Thank you! I knew you were a good person! I just knew it!' 

Inside, Daehyun was reeling with excitement. Now that you were back on his side, his plans were sure to work. Your naivety astounded him. She's not as clever as I thought she was and with her on my side now, Jun Sook-hyung will be so happy. From the other side of the classroom, Baekhyun watched forlornly and groaned inwardly to himself. Why Haneul?! Why trust that jerk again?!

 

***

 

'Mum gave me some cakes to give to you for looking after me yesterday'

'Mmm... Thanks Jen'

Minwoo and Jenny were sitting together in the courtyard, completely alone. Jenny grew more and more frustrated as time went on. Why is he so moody?! Jenny opened the box of cakes. 

'Want one?'

'Maybe later'

'You should try this one. It's my favorite'

'I said later'

'I'm going to give some to Shinyeonggie too so you should really take the ones you like now'

'Aish, you're so annoying! I said I would later!'

Jenny was shocked that Minwoo had snapped at her. She threw a cream cake in his face and he grew red and angry. He lifted his hand as if to slap her. 

'Go on. Do it. Hit me and see where it gets you, Lee Minwoo! Why are you so damn moody anyway?!'

Minwoo didn't reply so she threw a biscuit at him.

'Aish! Stop that will you! Just leave me alone, Jenny. Or should I say, Park Jaekyung?'

She winced at that but she wouldn't let that get to her. 

'Only those worthy can call me Jaekyung, you '

Minwoo stood up.

'I'm going to go find better company. I can't stand being around you!'

'Fine! Go and run after Shinyeong, seeing as you love her so damn much!'

Minwoo clenched his fists. True, he liked Shinyeong. But she was with D.O and it broke his heart at the mention of her name. 

'How can I go after Shinyeong when she's always with her boyfriend?! You tell me that, Jaekyung!'

Jenny did a double take. 

'Wait... What?' she whispered. Shinyeonggie has a boyfriend and she didn't tell me?

Minwoo calmed down seeing Jenny confused. He slumped back down onto his knees. 

'Y-You didn't know?'

Jenny shook her head slowly.

'Who is it?'

'Shinyeong... She's together with...'

'...With?'

'...D.O-ssi'

Jenny's eyes widened. She knew Shinyeong just as well as she knew herself and she knew that Shinyeong didn't view the EXO boys in good light. 

'D.O-ssi!?' That's impossible.

Minwoo nodded and Jenny put her head in her hands trying to make sense of the situation. Why is Shinyeong dating D.O when she clearly likes Jun Sook and hates EXO because it's their fault he became a wreck? And why didn't she tell me? What is this?!

 

 

 


more more more drama! more more more confusing things! THE MORE THE MERRIER!!!! So let's recap, shall we?

  1. The intruder wore a black hoodie with a gold embellishment on the pocket
  2. The hoodie belongs to Minwoo but Jenny has it at the moment
  3. Kai saw Jenny wearing the hoodie and is now a confused little lamb
  4. D.O and Haneul are kind of stuck not knowing who to believe. 
  5. Shinyeong is plotting something against Haneul with help from Jun Sook
  6. Shinyeong likes Jun Sook and doesn't actually like D.O
  7. We don't know why she's going out with D.O (but we can guess)
  8. Shinyeong kept her boyfriend a secret from Jenny (even though they're best friends)
  9. Shinyeong doesn't like our EXO babies
  10. Daehyun and Haneul are friends again but Daehyun wasn't being sincere with his words (e.g he's being a and tricking her again) 
  11. Daehyun is plotting something as is Shinyeong and Jun Sook. 
  12. Daehyun is a a sneaky bastard. 
  13. Oh and to clear any confusion, I felt that Jenny needed a Korean name so her real name is Jaekyung (but people call her Jenny/ Jen) 
  14. Jun Sook is Jiyoung-noona's old boyfriend. She refused to move in with him, stating that she wanted to live with EXO because they were more important to her than him. 
  15. Jun Sook is a

I hope this isn't too complicated. We're getting to the good bits now teehee. I have the plot completely figured out now and I even have quite a few ideas for our storyline for the sequel. I'm getting excited just thinking about writing it! gah. 

I love how all the comments say something along the lines of 'Shinyeong, please go die.' HAHAHAHA, you guys are relentless! <3