'Just Scars from Bad Memories'

That Girl, That Boy

Hearing the thud from your bag, Lay sprang into action. He spun around quickly, terrified and saw your face through the door. He quickly threw his shirt back on before looking away, not knowing what to do. Then he raised his arm and beckoned you in.

'Come on in, Haneul...'

You hesitated and he sighed.

'It's alright... I'll-I'll explain everything'

You crept in, unsure of where to sit. Lay motioned to sit next to him on the bed so you gingerly sat on the edge of it. You remembered the last time you were in hopsital with him. You had kissed him on the cheek in a sudden moment of affection.

Aish... Did I really do that last time?... I hope this ert didn't get any funny ideas from it

You heard Lay clear his throat.

'Ahem... Well... I know it was kinda of awkward at the start and all that...'

You didn't reply- just turned your head towards him so he knew you were listening. You thought back to the conversation with Chanyeol yesterday and remembered how he couldn't begin the conversation. You guessed Lay would be the same. 

'Your back...'

You didn't want to pry too much so you stopped after saying that.

'Ah, you saw those bruises?... They don't hurt so don't worry about it. I can't feel them'

That's not what I was talking about...

'Oh! Haneul if you feel bad about it, don't be. I'd rather be hurt than you'

'How did you get there so fast? I was sure no one was near me'

'Well you obviously didn't realise that whoever was behind the accident was near you... But yeah, I was coming back from the music room and I saw the lockers toppling over so I guess... I just ran there. I'm not sure why, just instinct'

'B-but you knew you'd get hurt!'

'Not exactly...'

'What do you mean?'

This is where you tell me what those lash marks are, Mr Lay.

'I'll always get hurt for you. If you don't have to get hurt, then I'll deal with it. I don't want to see you get injured by the stupid people in our school'

'You're dodging my question, Lay'

Screw it with being tactful, I want the truth out of this guy!

'L-look, I don't mind! Really! It doesn't hurt anymore for me, getting injured. I was injured a lot more in the past anyway so-'

'Yah! Answer my question! Stop finding ways around it!... Ah, sorry Lay. I shouldn't have yelled at you'

He shook his head. 

'No, it's okay. I'll be honest now and stop beating around the bush'

 

***

 

'Wait we're missing someone! Where's Haneul?!'

'Oh, she stayed behind at the hospital'

'What?! Why didn't you tell me, Xiu Min?!'

'Woah, why does it matter Kai? What are you getting all worried about for? She's with Lay and you know that guy won't do anything to hurt anyone'

Kai scowled and carried on eating his tteokbokki. Xiu Min grinned to himself.

Young love, eh?

 

*** 

 

'Lay, you can't go round jumping in front of falling lockers just because you 'can't feel it' and you've 'had worse'. Your back is all purple and bruised for God's sake!'

'Yeah but it's because of what happened when I was little that I do that and-'

'I know, I know! Look, nothing can change the past but you can't go round frolicking about like an invincable unicorn!'

'You don't get it, do you?...'

'What?'

'I jumped in front of those lockers because I know what it's like to be bullied. Pain can't hurt me anymore. It's like I'm immune to it. Back in my other school, they made my life miserable because I was new from China and couldn't speak Korean b-but Kris... After I met him, he asked me to move in here and transfer, so I did. I was wary at first but now, seeing you like this with everyone against you... It makes me so angry that there isn't more we can do to protect you...'

'Lay-'

'These whip marks are nothing. The bruises are nothing. Just scars from bad memories... But thats the thing. What the kids did to me in my last school is nothing compared to what I've seen the girls here do. You know, even going as far as to try and flatten you?'

'Oh that's complete and utter bull. Getting whipped in front of the entire school and the girl you liked is much worse than a couple of snarky comments, Lay!'

'It's going to get worse... I know it will. Bullies in Korea... they're physco. Last year someone jumped off the roof, you know.'

'What? Oh my God, what happened?!'

'Well...'

Ah... They didn't make it back alive

You began to shake violently, scared out of your wits.

Seriously? Bullies here are worse than in Mean Girls. Worse than in Boys Over Flowers.

Lay wasn't sure what to do but awkwardly put his arm around you. 

'Don't worry, Haneul. In our school, we hold the most power out of everyone and we'll make sure nothing ever happens to you. You'll never get these scars and if you ever do, I'll be the first one to know, won't I?'

'Yeah... '

'Promise me I'll be the first to know'

'Okay. I promise.'

I will never ever let what happened to me happen to you. 

 

Knock knock knock.

'That'll be the nurse' you said.  

'Mr... Zhang? Can I come in?'

'Erm, yeah. You can come in'

'This is your medication, you'll need help rubbing it in every night but it'll be fine in a few days. It shouldn't sting unless you rub too hard and I would suggest putting bandages over the ointment to minimise scarring too'

'Th-Thanks'

The nurse nodded kindly. You and Lay got up and the nurse held the door open for you. 

'Oh and Mr Zhang?'

She caught you eye and gave you a knowing and sympathtic smile.

'Take it easy for a while, okay? Don't be too hard on yourself'

 

 

 


Crappy chappie. Stayed out late last night playing pool with some friends and now I'm super duper tired. Your comments are all so lovely! I have the nicest subscribers ever! *showers love rain on you all* 

Added in a little bit of Kai teehee & Lay... what he says gives some insight into whats gonna happen next in the plot ;) try and figure it out. 

please subcribe and comment if you haven't already... though at 56 chapters in, I assume you have subscribed by now... ;) 

tumblr_m4lz26jcx41rtd0vho8_500.gif

I stan idiots OTL