Telling the Truth

That Girl, That Boy

Telling the truth is always hard. It's especially hard when you are a guy trying to explain to a girl that her so-called 'best friend' had tried to seriously maim or injure her and that the guy who had ually assaulted her had been meaning to the entire time. It's also a lot harder when you have to add that the so-called 'best friend' had actually become friends with her under the instruction of some ring leader type thing. On top of this, if the girl is one to get aggressive or upset quite easily- it becomes an expecially tricky task to perform.                                        

'Explain what happened. Tell me. Please!'

You had whinged and whined all morning to everyone who came into the room. 

'Please?! Kai-oppa? Please?.. Tao! Hey, Tao! Don't turn around! Yah! Where are you running off to?!... Yeollie? Chany-'

Chanyeol legged it out of the room too. You sighed. 

'Luhan would tell me' you pouted.

Xiu Min smirked. 

'No he wouldn't.' he said, before also leaving the room.

'Then you will' you said, in English to Kris

'Says who?'

'Says I, Haneul Shin. The girl who deserves to know how she ended up in a hospital with 12 horrible boys who don't tell her why and mmmpf'

Kris placed his large hand over your mouth.

'Please Haneul. You talk way too much'

'Only when you lot don't tell me what I want to know' 

Kris sighed. That's true. We have to tell her.

'Hanuel, look. I'll tell you' said Lay, sliding into the room with a paper cup of water for you. You noticed he had his hood up and you tried to pull it down. 

'Don't! I like having my hood up!' said Lay, holding onto his head.

You glanced at him weirdly but moved yourself so you were sitting cross legged on your bed and Lay sat on the corner, ready to explain everything. Su Ho had figured it was best if Lay spoke to you. He was the calm and mellow guy who had a way of easing things in without them blowing up in his face.

'So why am I here? What was I hit by?' you asked curiously

'A... A pot'

You raised your eyebrows.

'A pot? Really. Pots don't fall from the sky'

Lay didn't know what to say and kept quiet. 

'Ah...I get it...Someone threw it on purpose, didn't they?...' you whispered. Oh god, it's all happening again. You felt your eyes begin to water.

Kris tried to slip out unnoticed, sensing danger for his life. 

'You! Stay right there. Don't you dare try and leave!' you yelled in English at him.

Kris slunk back in. 

'Who was it?... Wait, don't tell me. It wasn't who you thought... It can't have been...'

Lay looked away and Kris looked at his feet. There were a few moments of silence.

'No way. No way. No way. There's absolutely no way it could have been her. Sh-Shinyeong? Shinyeong wouldn't have done it. I know it. You've got it wrong. You've got it wrong! You're all wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!'

You began crying and threw the paper cup across the room, the water splattering all over Lay. He had kept his hood up entirely for that reason. He knew exactly how you would react to it hence why he had partly volunteered himself to be the one to explain everything to you. 

Kris slumped down against the wall and put his head in his hands. 

'Lay, explain everything to her'

Lay took hold of your hand and steadied you.

'Haneul. Look at me, in the eyes. I'm here for you. We're all here for you. You're probably confused right now, I understand it. D.O was just like you were, okay? We understand. But please, I'm pleading with you now, just listen. Listen to what I have to say and don't cry anymore. It breaks my heart to see you crying because of someone so horrible. So please?...'

He held onto both your hands and rubbed his thumb across them.

'Please don't cry anymore'

 


I , I know. Short update for today but hopefully in a few hours, I can post another one. It's 2 AM so when I wake up, I'll write up something else too :) just for ya'll :D 

waaah, I'm sleepy/ gonna go off to bed now ^^ g'night all!