The Sports Festival #1

That Girl, That Boy

'Let's go Reds!' yelled the Red team captain, Chung Soojin. 

She looked fiesty and you were pretty scared of her. She was built like a bull, muscly shoulders and arms, hair up in a ponytail. You knew she meant business. 

'We can do it Greens!' yelled Jung-Hwa, captain of the Green team.

You quickly glanced over and found Baekhyun and Shinyeong talking together. D.O was with them but looked bewildered. You saw Baekhyun intoduce D.O to Shinyeong and he smiled and softened towards her. You knew they'd be okay. 

'Pinks, fighting!' 

'Why were you chosen, Yun Hee?' said Chen

'Oppa! Why are you so cruel to me?'

'Why are you so cruel to Haneul then?'

Sehun waved at you from his team's base. He was unmissable being so tall and white and wearing a bright pink sports top. You could almost hear the girls fainting when he took off his hoodie to begin his warm up. 

'Lets do our best, okay? Yellows?' said Su Ho. 

He was sporting his yellow Captain armband and the girls who were lucky enough to be on his team swooned over him. The guys were also in awe of him. He was the guy they wanted to be: perfect students with perfect grades and perfect looks and unlike Kai, his school life wasn't hectic. He caught your eye and grinned before being pulled away by Nana asking about the events. 

'Blues- all I can say is WIN THIS' said Kris with fury in his eyes. 

No one dared cross his path. Everyone could see the fire burning in his eyes. Kris wasn't too happy about being on a team with Eun Mi as he really didn't like her but he had decided to it up and take it for the team. Luhan in particular was unhappy about it as she kept clinging onto him. Kai kept her away by telling her she'd be given a restraining order from the school and she was stupid enough to believe him. 

Oh brother, it's going to be a long day.

'We're in it to win it! Try with out might, put up a fight! Blacks will be the champions!'

You stood next to Chanyeol astounded by the changed Lay. He was confident in everything he said. He was witty and charming and knew exactly what to do to keep everything in control. He assigned jobs to his teammates swiftly and efficiently and all you and Chanyeol could do was stand there, stunned in silence. 

'Close your mouths, you two. You might catch a fly' 

You blinked a couple of times before snapping out of your trance. Lay stood before you, smiling happily talking to some of the boys, clipboard in hand and directing them to their positions. You felt yourself smiling too.

Lay is really responsible. I reckon you could probably always count on him

 

Suddenly you felt warm fingers run along your cheeks and down your nosebridge. You brought your hand up to touch it but Daehyun slapped it away. 

'Dont! It's our war paint! It'll dry in 2 minutes so you can touch it then, okay? Lay-hyung put me in charge of this so just hold still!'

You nodded and saw that everyone on the Black team had matching black stripes on their faces. You had to admit, you liked the idea of it. The other teams didn't have matching body paint for themselves. 

Props to you, Lay. This is really something special you've planned. 

 

You could hear the voices of the other 10 boys from across the school yard and you chuckled to yourself. 

'Are you stupid Eun Mi?! I said you can't wear that skirt! It's inappropriate for a sports festival! Go change.'

'B-But Kris-oppaaaa!'

'I'm not your oppa! Change. Right now.'

'Now listen Red Team. If we don't win at least half of our games, you'll be running laps for the rest of your lives. Araso?'

'Y-Yes, Sooji'

'Su Ho-ssi?'

'Yes, Minwoo-ssi?'

'Could you help me figure this out? I'm not sure what to do...'

'Of course! Give me a second and I'll be right over'

'Thanks!'

'Hyung, why do we have to wear pink?'

'I think you mean, why are we in a team with Yun Hee as the captain'

'Chen! I heard that! You better watch out! I'll give you the horrible races!'

'Bite me, Yun Hee!'

'Ah so you're Kim Shinyeong, Haneul's friend?'

'Sure am. And you must be Baekhyun? And your friend is...'

'D.O, nice to meet you'

'Oh no! It's lovely to meet you!'

'Hey Lay, I'm done with the war paint now'

'Thanks Daehhyun. I've pretty much got everything under control so we can all start our warm ups and then the festival will begin!'

'Black team, fighting!'

'Fighting!'

 

'Can I request that everybody settles down? Please. We have a number of events happening today and I request that compeititors arrive at the waiting areas at least 15 minutes ahead of the time they are due to compete. Food and drinks will be given out at every break but there will be members of the school council selling additional snacks should you wish to buy them. I want to thank Kai-ssi for helping put together such a wonderful day...'

The crowd eruptured into cheering and clapping. You and Chanyeol gave Kai the thumbs up and you saw Luhan pat his back.

'And now, what you're all waiting for...'

The principal fired the starting gun in the air.

'Let the games begin'

 

 

 


just a filler chapter-ish. I'll get to the good bits in the next chapter ;)