Pathetic Fallacy

That Girl, That Boy

Everything was calm. Luhan had returned with his maps. Lay had also come back with his neck still in tact. Thankfully. He still had to have bandages on his back and Su Ho and Kris helped put medical ointment on the bruises every night but he was coping well. D.O was sitting outside with Chen and Xiu Min, staring up at the sky. Su Ho and Baekhyun were checking up on Lay and planning things to do whilst Sehun and Luhan were in a world of their own. Tao had left to try out the gym facilities and Chanyeol had gone out to attend to something after recieving a phone call from the reception desk at the hotel. Kai and Kris were at each others necks, arguing in the bedroom. No one dared to go in there, not when both of them were so angry. 

'I thought you knew!'

'Knew what? Hyung, what are you talking about?!'

'About Haneul of course! Who else?!'

'What's this about? I didn't ask to be tied up, you know!'

'What do you know about Haneul?!'

'What does it matter to you?!'

'It means everything to me!'

'Well what do YOU know?!'

'I asked you first!'

'Don't be so damn childish!'

'You're telling me not to be childish and its coming from one of our maknaes?! Your power as Head of School Council has gone way over your head!'

'I don't even understand why you're so angry!'

Kai stormed out of the room and went over to the kitchen. He brought out a bottle of sake. Xiu Min quickly and swiftly ran over and grabbed the bottle. 

'Oh no you don't! No way. Just because you're angry doesn't mean you go back to old habits'

'Xiu Min-hyung, you're the one who used to drink!'

'And I curbed that habit a while ago! Just because Kris had a go at you-'

'For nothing! It was Chanyeol!'

'Araso, araso. Look, we're all brothers! Just calm down and give it some time for him to cool down too'

Kai took out a seat and plonked himself down, exhausted. Xiu Min took the bottle away and gave it to Chen as he was one of the only ones who didn't enjoy drinking alcohol. Then they heard a shout. Su Ho's shout, to be precise. Luhan and Sehun ran over to the dining room where Lay was being supported by Su Ho. 

'Can you get some of that bedding from our room?... Thanks Sehun'

Luhan rushed to Lay's side. Lay was bright red and sweaty. He kept groaning and making painful expressions and gulping down air. 

'Hyung, what's wrong with him?'

'Well we were sitting down and then suddenly his neck went funny. We need to lie him down... Sehun?! Have you got those blankets, yet?!'

'They're here! I've got them!'

'Okay, I'm going to hold Lay's back and neck and I need you two to place the bedding beneath him and then slowly remove it again until he's lying flat on the floor'

'Alright. Let's do this'

Oh jesus, I can tell this is going to be a long and miserable day.

 

***

 

You had found yourself at a stream. Why the hell there was a stream in the middle of the town, you had no idea but then again, you weren't in a big city like Tokyo. It was a smaller town in a prefecture just outside of Tokyo. It was quiet and you liked that. It meant you could think properly without the hustle and bustle of the bright lights of a city. You sat down, hugging your knees, feeling sorry for yourself.

I'm acting so pathetic, aren't I?

You stayed in that spot for a couple of hours, not moving. Just thinking. You clutched the flowers Luhan had given you earlier, crying. 

I've been reminded of my parents so much today... Why today?

It began to rain. 

Great. I hate pathetic fallacy (A/N: for anyone who doesn't know what pathetic fallacy is, click here ^^)

You ran over to a tree and took shelter under it, unsure whether to return back to the hotel or not. 

They're going to ask a billion and one questions when I get back... Oh but don't be an idiot, you can't stay out here all night just because of this.

You slumped back down, back against the tree trunk, resting your forehead on your knees, tucking yourself into a ball and rocked back and forth, humming to yourself. The rain splattered on the ground around you and you could hear the sounds buzzing around in your ears. You heard a rumble of thunder and jumped out from under the tree. You weren't scared but you knew that it was unsafe to be near trees in a storm. 

it... I'm going back. I'm manning up and getting my arse back over there. 

You started to make your way down the road. A few cars drove past and you heard the tram screech at the station ahead. You ran to try and catch it so you wouldn't have to walk up the hill. As always, you fell after tripping on your shoe laces. 

this pathetic falllacy! What is this? A goddam k-drama?! 

You sat on your knees on the wet floor, not caring about the business men returning from their work offices in the city walking past you, giving you strange looks. You sobbed loudly and didn't hear a car pull up beside you and stop next to you. A tall figure got out and walked over to you holding out an umbrella over your head. He was wearing a black suit and you heard the clacking of his leather shoes. He bent down and enveloped you in a warm and caring hug. You sobbed harder when you saw who it was.

'Come on. Let's get you back home'

 

 

 

 


EXAMS ARE KILLING ME. KILLLLLING ME! 

OT12 at the airport! GAH!

Comment and tell me who you think the figure is?... Hmmm... Or who you WANT the figure to be hahahaha