Back at the Hotel

That Girl, That Boy

The rain carried on splattering down on the shelter as you held Chanyeol's hands tightly. You brought your hands up to his face and wiped beneath his eyes with your thumbs, your eyes full of sympathy and care. You smiled gently then turned to look away, remembering the bargain.

'I guess it's my turn to tell the story'

'Haneul-ah... It's okay. You don't need to tell me'

'B-but-'

'It was selfish of me to ask you to do that. Forget I ever mentioned it, okay?'

'No'

Chanyeol looked at you and you could see the surprise on his face. You sighed. 

'Chanyeol... Don't you see? I want to tell you. I trust you and I want you to know this'

'I..I trust you too, Haneul. With my life, I'd trust you. And EXO... I trust you all with my life'

You nodded.

'And I'd trust you with mine, Chanyeollie'

Chanyeol smiled when you called him by his nickname. 

It feels just as good as calling me 'oppa' would. 

'Well... I guess I should start off by telling you I used to live in Hong Kong with my parents and my brother, Joon...'

 

Time passed by as you unwound your story. It was the story you hated, the story that changed everything and tore your life apart but it was the story that allowed you to meet 12 amazing guys who treated you as their princess. 

'So when you saw we had tied up Kai this-this morning?'

'It just made me think of my parents and seeing them like that and I guess I care a lot about Kai so seeing him in the same position made my brain start to churn out all these crazy crazy thoughts of him dead too and then-'

You were started to babble on again and tears rolled down your face remembering Kai so Chanyeol took you into his arms to silence you.

'I'm sorry, Haneul. I didn't realise that all this happened but... who out of the 12 of us knows?'

You managed to stop hiccuping from crying so much. 

'Kris-oppa and K-Kai too... But I'm not exactly sure how much he knows because-'

'He was told by the school. Don't worry, I know. He's always the first to know but last to know the fine details. I guess that's one of his weaknesses... Haneul, are you feeling better? Want to head back to the hotel now?'

You nodded and the two of you carried on walking in the direction of the hotel. At one point you began to feel tired and Chanyeol noticed you dragging your feet along the pavement slightly. He hoisted you up on his shoulders once again and you soon fell asleep. You weren't even woken up by the cries of 6 worried boys all cramming around Chanyeol who had been the one who managed to bring you back. 

 

'Where are the others? Where's Lay and D.O? And Kris? And Luhan and Kai?'

'Lay's asleep. D.O's just checking on him now. He's been stuck in bed all day. The others went out to look for her a couple of hours ago. Su Ho-hyung said they all looked super anxious so he sent them out.'

'It's true. Even Kris was running his fingers through his hair and you know he only ever does that when there's something huge on his mind'

D.O came out from the bedroom and rushed over to Chanyeol and took you off his back, taking you back to the bedroom and laying you down on your bed. You were positioned right next to Lay who was not only asleep but pretty much paralysed as his neck hurt too much to move. He had put you furthest away from the door so you would be warm throughout the night.  For added measure, he took off his fleece hoodie and replaced Chanyeol's suit jacket with it. To him, you looked frail and pale and it worried him to say the least.

Please be okay, Haneul. I'll make you some healthy food to restore your energy back in no time. Just get well soon, araso?

 

When he came out he found that Kris and Kai had arrived back after recieving a text from Su Ho telling them you had returned. They ran into the bedroom forgetting about their awkwardness from the arguement in the morning as you were now their main concern. Kai knelt beside you and felt your forehead. It was normal which relieved him. He got up and quickly left, leaving Kris alone in the room.

Damn it, if Kris wasn't here I could have been a bit more attentive to Haneul.

Kris first checked on Lay making sure his feet were covered so he wouldn't get cold during the night. Then he moved over to you and felt your forehead aswell. Satisfied with your temperature, he gave you a light kiss on the forehead.

'Take care of yourself, pabo' he whispered and abrutly stood up as Luhan walked in, drenched from standing around in the rain without an umbrella. Kris immediately took off his jumper and threw it at Luhan.

'Take it, you'll freeze to death if you don't get warm quickly'

Luhan chuckled.

'Thanks Kris. I'm going to take a hot shower in a minute anyway you know...'

'Yeah, you should. Your hair looks hilarious like that. You looked like a drowned rat, Luhan'

'Thanks Kris. You look like the cheesestring man with your hair standing up on all ends too, you know'

 

Kris pretended to throw a punch at Luhan. Luhan pretended to duck in response, playing around with him. Kris laughed and exited the room and Luhan's smile turned into a frown when he noticed you were sleeping next to Lay. 

Why put her here of all places?... Why not next to my bed?

He shook his head, trying to erase that last thought and crouched down. He spoke quietly, not wanting anyone else to hear. It was barely even a whisper but it was loud enough for you to hear, if you had been awake that is.

'You know, I was angry yesterday. You took out that blossom I gave you and replaced it with the one Sehun bought you... Do you... prefer me over him? I-I wanted to give you something special so I gave that bouquet to you this morning but it seems like you lost that too when Chanyeol found you... Is it that you prefer them over me? Are Chanyeol and Sehun more special than I am?... What you told me this morning about your mother... I really treasure it. I want to know everything about you for some reason. I don't know why... I just find myself getting jealous of the others and its-it's stupid.'

I'm stupid.

Luhan stood up and went to check on Lay who had his eyes shut in a seemingly peaceful slumber. 

'Lay... What will we do with you? We should take you somewhere to get your neck checked out tomorrow, araso?'

He laughed to himself.

Now I'm talking to only half-concious people... I need a rest, jeez.

He got up and left via the door that would lead him to a shortcut to the bathroom where he could have his warm shower. As the sliding doors of the room shut, Lay opened his eyes, wide awake and fully concious. He would have turned his entire body to face you if he could but unfortunately for him, his neck limited the amount of movement he could do. Instead, he glanced at you sleeping next to him from the corner of his eye. He could only see you in his peripheral vision.

Kai, Kris and Luhan? And it seems like Sehun and D.O too. I guess I have competition now... 

 

 

 

 


updatey! English exam today was so awful. I was unprepared for the question we were given and afterwards I spoke to my friends who were all like 'what the hell was that paper!?' so I feel a little bit better knowing I wasn't the only one who found the paper to be impossible ;) 

and now I think we have our main love lines~~~kekeke

EXO at smtown omg. I would put a fangirl section in but exams are seriously energy draining and I just cba. I never even realised how tiring they are haha. Good luck to anyone taking important exams; WE CAN DO IT! FIGHTING ^^