Histories

That Girl, That Boy

'Th-Thanks for coming and finding me b-before D-D-Dae... He could do anything'

Kris groaned inwardly. She's so traumatised by it. That ing bastard was lucky I didn't chop off his testes. 

'You guys are really like my brother actually... My real brother... Joon-oppa'

'You have a brother?!' said Sehun

'You've never mentioned him before' said Baekhyun. She's never mentioned any of her family before. 

You whipped out your phone and showed them a photo. 

'Joon-oppa took this when he came down from university for the weekend. He bet £5 that he would be able to make me smile in a photo that day. I guess I found myself £5 richer at the end of that day. I really miss Joonie.' 

You laughed to ease the tension and everyone joined in. 

'What does your brother look like?' said Sehun, curious to know. 

You scrolled down to find another photo. 

'That's him and my cousin. They went to the same school and university so they did everything together. Joonie is the one with the reddish hair. I remember when he got that done and came back with bright red hair. I called him a carrot for about a week and my cousin wouldn't stop calling him Ariel the Little Mermaid' 

You laughed again. 

'I'm glad that it faded out before he died. I'd have hated him to have died with such awful hair' 

Su Ho blinked. Did I hear that right? He died? Kris glanced at you. Is this where she tells everyone?

'Yeah I never mentioned this before.... Both of them died in a car crash. They were driving back from Wales to pay me a visit. He owed me one and he never gave me that back' 

You sighed. 

'I guess I should tell you why I'm here. You probably all want to know anyway' 

You began to explain how you came to live in London and how every last remnant of your existance was burned by your parents to protect you. You explained how a hidden secret will written by your parents had requested you to be taken under the care of an old friend who happened to be Mr Park. Everyone apart from Kai and Kris sat, stunned in silence. 

'I-I'm so sorry, Haneul' said D.O, lightly patting your knee. He was wary you wouldn't want him touching you after the recent events of earlier that night. You didn't brush him aside. You were actually happy to have him touching you in a way that wasn't ual and agressive like before.

'It's okay. I've learnt to live with it now. I have 12 brothers who are my family anyway' 

Chanyeol smiled. She sees us the way I see us. EXO is my family. My real family. Kris cleared his throat.

'Whilst we're all sitting here, I suggest we explain to Haneul how we ended up here too' 

'That's a great idea, hyung!' said Tao. 'But you're going first' 

Kris frowned and sighed but told his story regardless. 

'I was living in Canada as you already know' 

You nodded.

'And my parents wanted me to have an arranged marriage. I was really young at the time so I objected to it over and over again. They refused to listen to me so on the day of my engagement party, I ran away to China early in the morning by catching the first flight and staying with some friends who hooked me up. I got a job as a model after being scouted on the street but because of all the editorials I did, my parents found out where I was and came to China' 

You gasped. Kris was supposed to be in an arranged marriage?! And he ran away?!

'I met someone in the modelling industry who told me that in Korea, my parents would never know where I was and I would diappear off the map. They put me in contact with Mr Park and after that, I moved over here before my parents could reach China under the conditions that I looked after anyone Mr Park told me to' 

Wow. I was not expecting that.

'I met Luhan here at the airport. He came to collect me just like I collected you. You're one of the ones I was told to look after, Haneul'

You smiled. 

'Mr Park thought it'd be better for me to collect him rather than Xiu Min as I know how to speak chinese' said Luhan.

'I also met Lay at the airport though. He was on my flight to Seoul with me, weren't you?' 

'Sure was. I met Luhan at the airport too but I was going to a different school. It wasn't this one. We exchanged numbers and met up every other weekend'

'Why were you coming to Seoul?' you asked Lay

'I used to be quite famous as a child in China' 

'It's true! He had his own Baidu Bar and everything!' said Sehun

Lay chuckled.

'But with the money and fame comes the cons. A lot of people pretended to be my friends but they eventually ditched me when I needed help most so I decided to move here and that's when the bullying happened. I already told you about that though, didn't I?' 

You nodded. Ah I get it now. That's why he hates hospitals so much. They remind him of the bullying.

'So yeah, the first person I met was Kris-hyung' 

'Kris-hyung was the first person I met too...' 

Tao?

'Yeah, I was the one who brought Tao over here. I found him in the park.' 

'Found?' 

'I was in Seoul for a martial arts competition with my team from Beijing and I was left behind. My family don't live in Bejing but they know I am still in Korea at the moment. They don't seem to mind though.' 

'I found it really weird. There was a chinese boy crying in the park late at night with a suitcase. I thought he had run away from China just like I did which is why I thought I should bring him back to the dorm.' 

Tao hugged Kris and you had to stop yourself from smiling like an idiot at such an affectionate scene.

'Without Kris-hyung, I don't know where I'd be' 

'Actually I met Tao in the park a lot too. I would see him every Saturday practicing wushu and when I realised he was my hyung, I wanted to be friends with him. His korean wasn't very good so it didn't make me feel nervous about my lisp' said Sehun.

Tao smiled.

'I also saw Luhan-hyung a lot of the time at the karaoke. He would sometimes invite me to sing with him even though I didn't know him well and we became friends like that. I went out a lot because I didn't like being at home. My parents used to argue a lot of the time so when I found out that Tao and Luhan lived together, I asked if I could live with them too. Luhan-hyung fixed it with me and Mr Park and my parents agreed to letting me board at the school.' 

'How are you with your parents?' 

'I still love them. They're much happier now and they don't argue as much so as long as they're happy, I am too' 

You looked at the maknae and saw that he wasn't lying. He doesn't hold any grudges to his parents at all.

'Well I'm also here because of my parents' said Kai

'And so am I' said Chanyeol

'Well I know about you already, Yeollie so lets let Kai speak first' 

'Truth is, I hate my parents. I really do. They hate me too' 

You were shocked. Never have I ever thought that Kai would be harbouring such awful feelings towards his own birth parents!

'They love my hyung so much more. They used to tell me I wasn't clever enough or talented enough and I'd never be like my older brother so I ran away one day. I got so fed up of seeing my parents prefer my brother that I just packed my bags and left. Su Ho-hyung found me and brought me here'

Su Ho nodded. 

'I found him in the library looking at a website searching 'advice for teenage runaways'. I was already living with Kris, Xiu Min, Tao, Luhan and Lay at that time so I knew that Kris had been a runaway and had taken Tao in thinking he was a runaway aswell. I guess seeing Kai like that made me want to help him and luckily Mr Park let him in too.'

It makes sense now. That's why Kai works so hard with all these jobs for school. He wants to beat his brother.

'H-How did you end up living here, Su Ho?' you asked.

'Mine's a slightly unconventional story. I was in hospital when Mr Park met me.'

'Su Ho and I moved in on the same day' said Lay. 'Mr Park met him when he came to visit me in hospital after Kris and Luhan had figured out where I was'

'But why were you in hospital?' 

'I used to go to a very prestigous school and I had a scholarship for it. Money was quite tight and I worked really hard keeping my grades up to the top level so that I could have my scholarship. The only thing is that I ended up working too hard, spending every spare moment in the library studying and trying to better my knowledge. I still go to the library now, it's a hard habit to break'

'But it's a good thing he went to the library even after moving in here. Otherwise he wouldn't have met me' said Kai, smiling gratefully. 

'Both Lay and Su Ho were in the same ward as they were both admitted for exhaustion. When Kris and I found out that Lay was in hospital for the 3rd time that month, we took Mr Park with us to see if we could transfer Lay over here and I suppose Mr Park took a liking to Su Ho too' said Luhan. 

'My parents were fine with me transferring here as it meant they'd have more money to live on as they wouldn't have to worry about paying those ridiculous school fees. As long as they're healthy and happy, I am too' 

'But that's why hyung still has a tendency to faint. And go to the library when he feels a bit stressed. As he said, old habits die hard.' said Sehun. 

'How about you Baekhyun? How comes you're here?' you asked.

Baekhyun grinned. 

'I met Chanyeol on the train home from school. He had just transferred here and we got talking to I said casually that it'd be cool if I moved too and he actually got all the paperwork done and everything for me'

'It's quite surprising as we all know how lazy Chanyeol is' said Xiu Min

'I'm not lazy if it's around someone I care about and I cared a lot about Baekhyun!'

'Yeah, Chanyeol was the only friend I had at that time. No one in my previous school liked me. They found my outgoing personality a little weird and they thought I was a bit fake'

You frowned. 

'I think your smiley personality is the best part of you, Baekhyun. You shouldn't ever change it, okay?' 

Baekhyun beamed and gave you a light hug. 

'Thank you, Haneul. That means a lot to me'

'I found myself here on my own accord' said Chen. 

'Oh! Chen's story is hilarious!' said Kris

'Truly daebak! Oh my God!' said D.O

'It's not funny! I would have had my wooped by her boyfriend if Mr Park didn't come save me!' 

You raised your eyebrows. wooped? Her boyfriend? Saved?

'Oh look you lot! Now Haneul's looking at me like I'm some sort of player'

You giggled. 

'But you are, Chen!'

Chen pretened to whack you and you ducked, playing around childishly. 

'Fine, I guess you don't want to hear my story!'

He played the indignant role but caved in eventually. 

'Okay, I'll tell you and give in this time. But next time, I'm not giving in!... Basically, I used to go to the rival school of this one'

'Their uniform is really similar to ours. It has the same school colors, that's why' said Lay

'Precisely. So one day, I was chatting up a girl in my previous school, not realising she had a boyfriend and he obviously got very angry with me and threatened to beat me up. This was quite late at night and Mr Park happened to be nearby so he practically swooped in and told the girl and her boyfriend to leave me be. He didn't realise I wasn't one of his students but after he saved me from being beaten to a pulp, I admired him a lot and found myself begging to be enrolled in his school'

'And he let you?'

'Sure did'

'Wow' Mr Park should win the award for Nicest Person in The World. 

You turned to D.O. He was the last one to tell his history. He coughed to clear his throat. 

'You know how you said that you were given to Mr Park through your parent's will? I was too'

'You were?'

'Yeah. My mum died when I was quite little and because my dad was away on business trips a lot, I was entrusted to my grandparents. I grew up with my grandparents so they taught me mannerisms and how to cook and clean and basically all traditional methods of living.'

It makes sense now as to why D.O-ssi likes formal language so much and why he knows so many herbal soups and cleans so obsessively. He was taught it by his grandparents... Wow. Imagine if I was taught by my grandparents... That would not be fun.

'My grandmother always liked me to cook dinner on Sunday's. She said that because it was the holy day, I should cook for my mother who's in Heaven.'

'That's why he liked cooking for all of us' said Kai

D.O nodded in agreement. 

'I feel closer to my mom when I cook for you all. I don't really know why' 

'The food D.O makes is amazing anyway so we don't mind him cooking' 

'Yeah but you'd never cook anyway, Chanyeol. You're too damn lazy to even make yourself ramen' said Baekhyun. 

Chanyeol evil-eyed his bestfriend and they fell about laughing. D.O began to laugh too and soon everyone was laughing together. 

'After my grandparents passed away, I was put in social services and someone knew that Mr Park was caring for a lot of boys in his school so they contacted him and I was brought here. I was really scared at first, you know, because I'd only ever been taught by my grandparents so I was scared that I wouldn't like school but everyone here was really nice to me'

'Of course we were!' said Sehun. 

Luhan reached over and elbowed him and you noticed Lay and Tao go to their rooms. I wonder where they're going. They returned carrying mountains of duvets and pillows. What's this for? Kai caught you staring at them with a confused expression on his face. 

'It's for tonight. We figured you might not want to be left alone so would you like it if we all slept here with you?'

You looked up to find 12 pleading faces and smiled. 

'I'd love that'

and you burst into tears again. 

 

 

 


HOWS THAT? I hope I didn't rush revealing everyone's past stories but I felt like it would be a good time to do it, what with all this bonding etc going on :) so... I want to kill Daehyun. And you want to kill Daehyun. So lets kill Daehyun! no, I joke. We're not having deaths in this fic ;) but I promise there is more drama with Daehyun to come teehee. Oh and I will be clarifying the D.O and Shinyeong situation soon so stay tuned for that. 

Tomorrow is Saturday meaning: EXO OM. 

and today I don't have school because I am on study leave and it just so happens that a lot of my friends and I are doing pre-prom shopping in Central London. If I see EXO, I will literally cry and scream. I won't take photos though, I already feel like a stalker watching fancams hahaha but I'd probably end up following them a little just so that Chanyeol recognises my face. I mean, I got crap concert seats so he won't see me tomorrow so I might as well have him realise how much he loves me today ;) 

oh my fangirl feels.... and delusions. I am really delusional. argh

comment, subscribe and please check out my co-author fic, Living with 12 guys... -______-  I just updated with Chapter 23 and it'd mean a lot if you all checked it out and subscribed if you like it ^^ I understand that the layout and such is slightly different to this fanfic but really, I'd love you forever if you gave it a go :)