Remember... that I love you so much

Remember, That I Love You so Much

 

Luna placed her mask nicely on the bed, folding each ribbon in. Quietly, she sat down to think to herself. Think about all of what has been happening since she arrived in Japan, since she kissed Taemin, since she even became an idol.

“God, I’m such a mess,” she mumbles to herself, feeling her cheeks wet from hot tears. She let out some soft cries, feeling horrible on the inside. Her make up was running, which lead her to wash it off in the bathroom. All of it. The eye shadow, the eyeliner, mascara, the foundation. Everything.

JINKI MSG: Luna-shi, where are you? You’re not in the bathroom.

MSG: I’m in my room. I just want to be alone for a bit, please.

JINKI MSG: Let me see you, I can help.

“No you can’t,” she said in her head, mindlessly dialing her umma’s number. “I just need to straighten myself out…”

 

 

 

Jonghyun kept his eye on the dance floor watching Key dancing with Minho and Taemin, although he kept his seat next to Onew. He knew there was something wrong.

“She’s not answering me anymore,” Onew mumbled. Jonghyun put an a hand on his hyung’s arm.

“Do you know what’s wrong with her, hyung?” Jonghyun asks softly. Onew shrugged, a sad expression on his face.

“I don’t know… I have a feeling what it might be, though.”

“What is it?”

“I… I don’t want to say. I just want to find her, okay?” Onew stood up straight, leaning down toward Jonghyun to whisper, “If I’m not back around midnight, here’s my happy new years gift.” Onew then hugged Jonghyun quickly, giving a kind smile. “Give it to the rest of the members,” he commanded. Jonghyun nodded, watching Onew stroll out of the room, heading upstairs to the various hallways.

“Luna-shi,” Onew called out, a silly bit of hope in his heart hoping she was walking around the halls. He stepped up the stairs to f(x)’s hall, hoping she was still in her room.

 

 

 

“No, umma. I’m not pregnant… but that’s what disappoints me.”

“Sunyoung, I don’t understand. Why does this upset you? You’re able to live your own life! Having a baby means taking up your job as an idol, as a teenager, Sunyoung!”

“I know, umma…” Luna said quietly, trying to hold back any sobs, “I know. That’s why I just feel so stupid.”

She could hear her umma breathing, “I’m sorry, Sunyoung… being an umma is one of the hardest jobs a woman can have. And I don’t think you need to go through with that yet, so that’s why I’m filled with joy to know you’re not pregnant.”

“What if you’re in love with the man who’s held responsible with your pregnany, umma? Do you think he’d leave me?”

“Sunyoung, you are such a precious, beautiful, delightful young woman. Nobody would leave you. I know he loves you. I love you, and I’d like to apologize for not always being here for you when your sister passed.”

Luna was quiet… all she felt was shock from the sudden apology.

Suddenly, she heard a knock on her door.

“Umma… I love you too, okay? I always have. I’m sorry I held a grudge. I have to go, I’m sorry… it’s urgent.”

“Alright, Sunyoung. Happy new years, I love you.”

“I love you too, tell appa happy new years as well!” Luna quickly hung up, walking carefully to the door. “Onew oppa?”

“Luna,” Onew spoke out, she could hear his knuckles gently tap against the door. “Let me in, please? I love you.”

Luna stood still, just remembering she had no make up on. Though, she sighed, and let it go, turning the knob to let Onew in. It didn’t take him long to get his arms around her in a long, tight embrace, which she enjoyed greatly. Instantly Luna took in Onew’s strong scent of cologne and the smell of his clothes, like she just came back home from a long trip.

“I’m sorry,” she muttered, “I just needed to think… Onew, I’m… I’m not pregnant.”

He stood still, hugging her tighter. “Luna… no matter what would have happened… I’d still be here, okay? Don’t be so afraid of me.” He nuzzled his nose into her neck, giving her soft pecks up to her chin and down to her collarbone. “I love you so much, let’s just be happy where we are.”

Luna wanted to cry hearing all of this, tears of joy, that is. It’s as if he knew exactly what to say for every moment. Ever fear. “How,” she began, “How do you do this to me?” She smiles softly, “You know how to make my pain go away, oppa.”

Onew was kissing her forehead now, “It’s because you make my pain go away, so I should return the favor.” Luna kept quiet, allowing him to kiss her more. “Are you feeling better yet, Luna-shi?”

“Yes… well, a little.”

“Only a little?” Onew had his mask worn like a headband behind his ears, his hair slicked back away from his face. “I know you’re upset, but… you look beautiful.”

Luna smiled softly, “Thank you, oppa, but I don’t want to go out there again without any make up.”

“So,” Onew responded, “Does that mean I stay here with you?”

 

 

 

The dancefloor was packed now, only ten minutes until midnight. There was a giant clock placed on one of the walls of the grand hall, everyone keeping a keen eye on it. No one wanted to miss the moment, and everyone was overly excited. Jonghyun dancing close with Key, Taemin and Minho dancing slowly, SNSD members dancing in large groups holding hands, and various guys picking out girls to dance with. Amber was dancing with Sulli, while Krystal, Victoria, and Jessica all danced together.

It was an amazing time for them, being able to relax, and spend time together. The music was blasting and even the DJ seemed to enjoy his own time.

Before they knew it, it was only five minutes away from midnight.

“Five minutes, people!” Key yelled out, everyone cheering.

 

 

 

Luna and Onew quietly sat on her bed together, giving each other plenty of attention. Onew was the tips of her hair, his other hand rubbing her arm. Luna’s fingertips trickled over his chin, while her other hand was placed on his lap.

“Are you feeling well enough to go back, Luna-shi?” Onew asked gently, giving her full eye contact. She simply nodded, giving him a smile in return.

“I just want to think about us being at the party and enjoying our time.”

“Of course we will, Luna-shi,” Onew pulled her up slowly, the two of them walking out.

“Oh-wait! Oppa, I forgot my mask-“ Luna ran quickly to pick up her mask, typing the ribbon behind her head to secure the mask on. Finally, they were ready to return.

Two minutes.

The couple quickly arrived within one minute, seeing the entire group staring at the clock, talking and cheering.

One minute.

“Fifty seconds!” Key cheered, holding a fresh glass of champagne. Onew quickly stepped over to one of the various tables, grabbing two glasses.

“Pretend I didn’t give this to you,” Onew joked, knowing there wasn’t much, but some alcohol in it.

“Thirty seconds!”

Now everyone was calling each second out together, Onew and Luna as well. They eventually reached Jonghyun and Key, a huddled group together.

“Ten seconds!”

Luna felt chills in her spine, feeling Onew placing one hand around her hip, the other holding his glass.

Five. Four. Three. Two.

“ONE!” Everyone yelled out, “HAPPY NEW YEAR!”

Before Luna and Onew took a sip, he pulled her in to give a long, nice peck in the lips.

It was such an exhilarating feeling, all of her tension being thrown away.

The music suddenly continued, everyone cheering, some kissing, and dancing. Luna sipped the rest of her drink, placing her glass nicely on one of the tables, Onew doing the same. Luna suddenly noticed something.

He looked so happy dancing with her, she observed. His big eye smile was out, his big lips curved into those precious smiles she sees when he’s really, really happy. He pulled her in to dance closely by him, his hips grinding on her behind as he kept his arms around her.

It made her feel so nice. She realized how silly all of her worries about the pregnancy were, and how important Onew is. She let go of her troubles in the moment, only focusing on his beautiful smile, his touchy hands, his kisses. She also looked around the room, seeing her f(x) members enjoying themselves with different groups as well as each other. Krystal gave Luna few glances, a smirk on her face. They knew to leave the two alone, spending time alone.

She had that high feeling again, her stomach feeling light, her feet lifting off the ground. She realized even she was giving a strong eye smile, the couple matching each others expression perfectly.

They just fit together perfectly in the moment. Their feelings the same, their expression, their happiness.

“Let’s go to my room later,” Onew whispered in her ear.

 

 

 

Luna and Onew both didn’t even realize how tired their feet were until they arrived in Onew’s hotel room. They both made a trip to her own room, grabbing any necessary needs she’ll want for the night. She slipped off her heels, her mask placed next to them by the door. Onew slipped off his shoes as well, as well as his mask. She walked into the bathroom quickly, closing the door quietly behind her.

“Do you want to wear one of my shirts?” He asked her sweetly from outside the door, her response being a ‘yes.’ Once she came out, he pulled from his suitcase a pajama shirt, Luna taking it, unsure what to do next.

Onew, however, was slipping his shirt and pants off instantly, which shocked her. Shyly, Luna slipped off her dress, Onew giving her a smirk as she slipped off her bra as well, pulling the T-shirt over her head. Onew changed into some basketball shorts and a T-shirt, flopping onto his bed with a loud grunt.

“Finally, we can relax,” he sighed. Luna smiled, giggling from all of the excitement tonight had brought her. She stepped toward him, straddling him in just a T-shirt and underwear. Onew smirked devilishly, pulling at her hips to lean closer. “Luna-shi,” he began, “I’m sorry tonight has been so hard for you…”

Luna smiled, “I feel okay,” she responded, rubbing at her stomach. Onew took his chance to kiss at her stomach, giving her a smirk.

She leaned down toward him, her lips pressed against his harshly. He knew exactly what to say to her, but she knew exactly what to do to him. Luna laid him down, kissing at his neck and collarbone.

“I love you,” she breathed out, the two laughing and kissing like newlyweds. “I love you, Onew,” she kept saying quietly over and over again, “I love you so much.”

“You’re not allowed to be sad anymore,” he joked, giving her some merong. Luna laughed again, responding with her own. He lunged at her, holding her down and tickling her stomach. “Keep that smile, you’re only allowed that smile, miss,” he joked more. Luna laughed loudly, the two of them tickling each other.

She looked at him with love in her eyes, keeping a strong gaze on him. From all of the laughing, she was out of breath. Slowly, her breathing slowed. Looking at him, her fingers played with his thick, messy hair.

“Onew,” she cooed.

“Mmh?” Onew smiled.

“I’ll keep smiling as long as you’re with me.”

“I’ll always be with you.”

Luna frowned a bit, glancing by the floor, “Do you want to know… what made me so sad tonight?” He nodded, a serious expression. “Well,” she began, “I just felt like we wouldn’t have this happy family I created in my head. I was imagining you and I drifting apart, and being alone.” Onew frowned. “And I felt silly. I felt naïve for creating a fantasy I knew wouldn’t be true…”

“Luna-shi,” he was her cheek, “You never know where life puts you, alright? You adjust and you grow… I told you no matter what situation we’re in… I love you, and I want to be with you. Even though we’re not allowed to date, even though Taemin kissed you, even though you’re not pregnant… I still want to be with you.” Luna held back her tears, nodding. “Just always remember that I’ll be here. You’re not going to be alone, Luna. Remember that you mean so much to me, and maybe someday we’ll have a family that both of us want. Don’t doubt us. Remember… that I love you so much.”

Luna couldn’t hold it in anymore. The tears flowed slowly and dripped onto Onew’s shirt she was wearing. “I’m sorry my hormones are making me so emotional,” she joked, letting out a laugh.

“You’re so cute,” he pinched her cheek softly, the two laughing once more. Luna sniffed, Onew shifting to get more comfortable on his bed, her head placed on his chest. “Don’t make me cry,” he smiled, wiping away her tears.

“I’m happy, though,” she told him, “I’m happy.”