Wrong idea

Remember, That I Love You so Much

 

Taemin sat quietly next to Luna’s hotel door, his legs crossed, one hand holding his cellphone. The cellphone was becoming so warm by the heat of his skin; he was waiting for what seemed like hours. He was still bitter from the fight, but pushed it into the back of his mind. It wasn’t worth dwelling over right now.

Finally, Luna slipped through the door quietly, smiling at Taemin. He smiled back, and jumped up. “Finally,” he whispered. She laughed quietly, both of them grabbing hands and running down the hall.

Laughter filled the air, their voices high from excitement. Taemin and Luna chased each other once more, playing silly games while still being aware of whom they may bump into. Taemin and Luna eventually raced toward the private pool’s door, a sudden stop. Hesitating, the two looked at each other, but quickly brought out smiles. “Remember, quiet,” Luna warned, Taemin nodding. The two locked hands again, pushing the door open and gazing at the giant pool.

Wow, they underestimated the size of the giant layer of water over the eloquent curved pool, gold and glass plates designing the whole thing. Taemin and Luna stood still, analyzing the patterns and designs made so beautifully. Taemin let go of her hand carefully, directing her to move foreword. Luna suddenly remembered she had forgotten a bathing suit. She turned, noticing Taemin wasn’t holding anything either.

“Luna?” Taemin asked, confused. She stared, her eyes unsure. He tried to figure her out, his eyebrows furrowed.

“I-I don’t have a-“

“Luna, we can just get into our underwear, that’s… that’s what I was assuming.”

Luna blushed. “Wh-what? Our-“

“Shhhh, Luna… hey, we can both turn around and I’ll let you get into the pool before I turn around.”

Luna nodded, feeling much more comfortable with that idea. Once he finished his sentence, he turned around. Luna mirrored his action, facing away from him. She slipped off her T-shirt to show her black padded bra. She desperately wanted to look over to Taemin, making sure he wasn’t peaking, but then she would be peaking. Yah, she felt so embarrassed. She quickly shuffled her pants off and walked into the pool, still facing away from Taemin.

“I-I’m in the pool,” she whispered. Taemin understood, and stepped into the pool to join her. She covered the exposed parts of her s, still blushing. Even if she had her bikini on, she’d still be embarrassed. Taemin was smiling, looking around. He looked confident with his chest exposed, thin and toned. Luna let down her hair, allowing the blonde mess to fall to her shoulders. She still felt self conscience, especially once Taemin looked down to her.

“Awe, Luna, you let your hair down,” he smiled, “you always look so pretty when you’re natural.”

She smiled, looking down. She appreciated the comment, feeling a bit better, but she still felt an uncomfortable feeling in her gut. Luna stood still in the water, feeling the comfortable temperature and focusing on the grainy touch on her toes. The bottom of the pool has tiny sharp pebbles to help with gripping, but it felt kind of… nice. Taemin decided to swim around the pool, restricting himself to only the corners of the pool. That way, most people couldn’t see them from each window. He enjoyed himself, reaching down towards the end of the pool and back as quickly as he could. Luna, however, stayed a bit still, enjoying the water. She wet her hair a little, and followed Taemin to one end. Taemin looked like a cute mop now, his blonde hair like wet straw, all over his head. He shook it lightly, spraying Luna playfully.

“Yah,” she whispered, “jerk!” Taemin stuck out his tongue, and swam away from her, waiting for her to follow. She swam near him, laughing and enjoying the company for a few hours.

 

 

 

Onew was awake tonight, waiting for any sort of text from Luna. He had his arms across behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. He wasn’t thinking of much, really, just what he hoped they were going to do tonight. He really wanted to just be alone with her again, and spend time with the woman he loved.

Onew wasn’t in his pajamas yet; he wore the clothes he had on during the day, not ready to change. Onew had his hair flipped to the side, spread out on the bed, messy. His phone lay on top of his stomach, silent with no new messages. He let out a sigh, an anxious mood brought in his head, but not enough to bother him. Onew was just worried Luna wouldn’t bother to come see him.

MSG: Luna-shi, can you please come to my room tonight sometime? I’m lonely.

Onew set his phone back on his stomach, and waited.

 

 

 

“Taemin, don’t go so fast!” Luna whisper-yelled to him as he splashed her, swimming rapidly around the edges of the giant pool. She was out of breath now, not used to swimming so much. She wasn’t a great swimmer, but she tried her best. Taemin laughed, playfully dunking his head under and grabbing at her waist. She blushed when he did that, knowing he could probably see her underwater.

“Luna, do you wanna go over to the stairway and sit?” Taemin panted, standing still in the water now. Luna nodded, directing her body to swim towards the pool’s entrance. They sat gently on one step together, looking off into the water. Both of their hair was like a blonde, messy mop on top of their heads. Luna felt more comfortable now in her bra and underwear, knowing Taemin was just wearing some loose boxers. Luckily, neither of them had anything see-through on. Taemin suddenly pulled her toward him, both shivering a bit. Luna put her head on his shoulder, quiet. She heard her phone vibrating in her pant’s pocket by the door, quickly getting up to see.

JINKI MSG: Luna-shi, can you please come to my room tonight sometime? I’m lonely.

“Who was that?” Taemin asked lightly, stumbling up and fixing his boxers. Luna was looking at her phone, thinking to herself. “Luna?”

 

 

 

Onew walked out of his room, shutting the door as quietly as he could so no one could hear. He stepped over towards the stairs, beginning to move up to f(x)’s hallway, but spotted something in the window. Someone in fact: Luna down at the pool? Onew didn’t see anyone else, the window was small, but Luna was looking at her phone. She had on her underwear and probably just got his text.

Was this the surprise for him? Onew scratches his head, confused. He twisted his body to face the other direction, walking down the stairs now towards the pool.

 

 

 

 “It’s Onew,” Luna stated blankly, deciding whether to text back or not.

“We can see him later, Luna,” Taemin cooed, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, giving her sort of a back hug. Luna smiled, nodding. It’d be best if she saw him without Taemin. She stuffed her cellphone back in her pocket, following Taemin back into the pool, having to adjust to the sudden temperature change. It felt nice, the water was much warmer than the cold air against her skin. Taemin pulled her toward one edge of the pool, beginning to fix her hair. Luna allowed him, his fingers pulling at random strands and moving them to one side or the other.

“What should we do now?” Luna asked Taemin softly, closing her eyes while she was being groomed. Taemin shrugged, his shoulders moving some of the water around. It was generally quiet as they swam together, only some sounds of water moving and splashing around, as well as the two conversing quietly. But right now, silence. Taemin was done fixing her hair, but kept his body still, close to hers. She opened her eyes, awkwardly smiling at him.

“Minho and I got in another fight,” Taemin said out of the blue, looking serious.

“What was it over?” Luna leaned back a bit, trying to keep her distance in order to cover herself.

“You.”

“What about me?” She groaned, looking down, Taemin still looking at her. He lifted her chin up, beginning to explain.

“Just… that he doesn’t like that we hangout.”

“But we don’t do anything.”

“I… I know.” Taemin moved his head down to her shoulders, getting comfy. Luna laughed to herself. “He said I can’t see you anymore. I’m so sick of him.”

“Taemin… don’t…” Luna looked away from him, avoiding his eyes. “You know you care for him, you’re just going through some problems…”

“I care for him, but he doesn’t care for me.”

“He does, okay?”

“No, Luna. He doesn’t. You care for me. You always have. He’s just a jealous-“

“But Taemin, please, he cares for you too. Just… differently than me. I care for you like a friend. Minho oppa gets jealous because he doesn’t want to see you with anyone else.”

 

 

 

Onew noticed the pool’s door, and stopped. He looked through carefully, his eyes fixated on the sudden notice of Taemin and Luna, close together, talking. His heartbeat increased, strain in his heart. He felt stuck to the floor, unable to move.

“Please don’t tell me this is their secret,” He commanded in his mind, “Please…”

 

 

 

“Both Onew and Minho oppa are getting the wrong idea between us… I mean… when we do things like this…”

“Like what?”

“Like when we kissed, Taemin… that’s how they get the wrong idea. And now, we’re half in a pool alone.” Luna kept her eyes down, picking her nails. Taemin remained still, close to her face. He gazed at her silently for a moment, deep in thought.

“Maybe I’m getting the wrong idea, too...” He mumbled, causing Luna to perk her head up and look at him surprised.

“Taemin-“

His fingers traced Luna’s shoulders, grabbing onto her and pulling her body toward him. He tightened his eyes shut, pushing his lips up against hers all in one second. His blonde hair was wild and sticking to his forehead, sticking down onto Luna’s cheeks. She stood still in shock, eyes wide.

 

 

 

Onew’s eyes began to quiver, wide; blood vessels showing in the corners as his heart began to rip apart now. It was like hell was ripping his chest apart and tearing at his throat, dry and unable to breathe. He let in some breathes, shocked by seeing his own maknae kiss Luna like that. It was…. it was the worst feeling he had ever felt in his life, almost as bad as seeing that bastard touch Luna as she was unconscious. This time, however, his feelings were just a bit different. This time, it was somebody he loved and trusted. Taemin was kissing Luna as if they were in love.

"Luna," Onew breathed out, his voice shaky.

Onew felt the tears fall now, the two breaking apart after such a long kiss and looking at each other now. He saw Taemin’s gaze on Luna, stricken with love or something. Onew shook his head, trying to convince himself this was only a dream. Onew turned away, slumping away from the door and back towards the stairway, tugging at his chest. Each beat in his heart was like a stab, pain subsiding and coming back again. He couldn’t believe it, he repeated, he couldn’t believe any of this.

He felt betrayed, alone, and lost.

 

 

 

“I-I shouldn’t have done that….” Taemin looked at Luna, whose eyes were still wide with shock. “I shouldn’t have kissed you.”

Luna’s expression softened, pulling his arms away. “People get confused.” She looked up at him with a quick glance, and continued. “We can’t do things like this anymore, Taemin. We end up thinking more than what we really are, and I don’t want this.”

Surprisingly, Taemin understood, nodding. He looked down, a little bit embarrassed, but began to step towards the stairs and rummage his clothes back on. “You should go see Onew hyung now.” He told her, finally getting his shirt on. Luna waited until Taemin was done and began to dress as well, saying goodbye and heading to the stairs.

 

 

 

Onew stumbled down to his bed, his legs limp and weak now. His whole body was weak, chest pumping and ears ringing. The tears flowed more and more, soft cries coming out of his mouth. He just didn’t understand why. He didn’t understand why she just suddenly lost interest with him.

Honestly, Onew thought to himself that he really did want a baby with her, just so she could stay with him. Anything to make her stay; anything. He was so in love with her, and it broke his heart. It broke his heart to know there was another man like that in her life.

Onew quietly slipped his shoes off again, and lay flat on his bed, soaking the pillow with his fat tears. He lay still now, eyes fixated on the alarm clock placed by the bed. He swore to himself to focus on his work now, since this is what love is really supposed to feel like. Finally, all those sad songs SHINee had been singing about, he understood every feeling, every lyric. Onew sniffed softly, beginning to hear a knock at his door. He knew who it was, and continued to lay still. He just couldn’t move, or even bear to see her face.

“Oppa?” He heard, closing his eyes once he heard her voice. “Are you asleep?” He heard the knocking slow to a stop, and a soft sigh coming from the other side of the door.

“Just leave me alone,” He choked out, sounding louder than he expected. There was a moment of silence.

“Wh-what?”

“Leave me alone. Go away.”

“O-oppa, please, what’s wrong?”

You would know.” Onew turned his body to face away from the door, and cried harder, sobbing out loud now. He ignored Luna, his body becoming exhausted from all the emotion. He eventually closed his eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

“I should have known,” his last thoughts repeated in his head before falling asleep, “I should have known this would come to an end…”