Who says you can't

Remember, That I Love You so Much

“Unnie, time to get up! We have to get ready for an interview today,” Sulli cooed to Luna, her hair softly. Luna grumbled, knowing it was early in the morning. Sulli jumped off of the bed and got ready while Luna struggled to wake up. She had gotten no sleep from last night, fear filling her heart up to the tip. She regretted the whole of it, just wishing none of that had happened.

She didn’t plan on admitting she kissed Taemin the first time, but now, Onew oppa saw it himself? “Aish!” Luna yelled out, her tired body reaching out for her phone. No new messages. It’s not like she expected Onew oppa to try and reach her, though. The guilt she felt was overwhelming, taking over her whole body. She felt those aches and pains again this morning, all around her back and neck. Her hair was also a mess from the pool, pulling at her scalp.

“Unnie, are you okay?” Sulli asked cheerfully from the bathroom.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired.”

“Well hurry and take a shower please, we need to be ready in an hour!”

 

 

 

“Taeminnie, get up, please, let’s go have some breakfast with the rest of your hyungs.” Minho was shaking Taemin lightly from his slumber, Taemin groaning out loud. “Taeminnie, come on.”

“Okay, okay,” Taemin snapped, rubbing his eyes. His body sprawled up, facing Minho now. His eyes were tired, looking down at the bed’s large blanket. Minho seemed more gentle this morning, crawling next to Taemin in his bed. Minho was leaning down towards him, resting his head on Taemin’s shoulder, his eyes closed.

“Hyung…?”

“I got you something,” Minho stated, beginning to Taemin’s hair. Taemin looked up, surprised and less apathetic now. Minho shuffled off of the bed, walking over towards the main door and back.

“Are those… flowers?” Taemin scratched his head, seeing Minho holding a bouquet of daisies, roses, and carnations. “Minho-“

“It’s to make up for last night, Taeminnie.” He handed the flowers into the younger boy’s arms, Taemin’s eyes sparkling with joy and curiosity. Minho was smiling as well, his dark hair long and messy from the sleep. “So, do you like them?” Minho asked, scratching his messy hair.

Taemin was smiling, examining the beautiful blooms. “Thank you,” he responded softly. Minho smiled immediately, jumping down and kissing Taemin sweetly.

“I love you,” Minho cooed between the kissing, Taemin smiling happily. Why was he being so sweet all of the sudden? It was making him melt again, anyways. It was as if the fight last night meant nothing. He hoped it meant nothing now, anyway.

“I-I love you too,” Taemin said, startled. Minho chuckled lightly, kissing him more passionately now. Taemin lowered his eyes closed, getting comfortable with the sudden change in Minho. His lips were softer, but so pushed harshly towards his own, and he enjoyed the gentle touch.

He suddenly thought of Luna’s kiss being the same, not too rough. Maybe, Minho was beginning to change. Minho placed his thumb on Taemin’s chin now, the bottom of his chin and up to his lips.

“Well, let’s get ready now, okay?” Minho broke the kiss and pulled Taemin up toward the bathroom, both heading into the shower.

“We-… um… Minho?” Taemin was still holding onto the older boy’s hand, but pulled at it. “Why…”

“Why what, Taeminnie?”

“Nothing. Let’s get ready.”

 

 

 

“Hyung, come on, just get up, please. We all want to go out for breakfast.” Key and Jonghuyn stood before Onew’s bed, trying to wake him up. Onew wouldn’t budge, responding merely with some body language.

“Yah, why is he so glum? Are you and Luna-shi fighting?” Jonghuyn poked at Onew’s shoulders.

“I’m just tired,” Onew mumbled, his face planted in one of the giant pillows. “I’ll come to breakfast later.”

“Well, okay, but please just arrive within an hour, okay, hyung?” Key was Onew’s hair gently, comforting his poor hyung. “We love you.”

“I love you too, and… yeah… I’ll come by.” He pulled his face away from the pillow, smiling softly. The two boys smiled back, and said their goodbyes.

Onew watched them leave, slumping up to a sitting position. He kept the large blanket around him, thinking. Thinking about Luna kissing Taemin, possibly sharing some sort of romance. He had no idea, really, and hated every thought of it. He felt a complete mix of feelings: wanting to see her and be with her again, and wanting to never see her again.

“Hyung?” There was a faint knock, Taemin’s little voice peaking through the door. Onew slumped up to the door, very nonanimated, and opened it. Taemin was nicely washed, and looked at Onew with worried eyes. The other boys were waiting behind. “Hyung, I want to talk to you before we leave.”

“Just go to the café, Taemin.” Onew blankly said, making the air feel tension.

“Hyung, I’m going to talk to you,” Taemin stepped foreword toward Onew, brushing a hand on his chest to be able to brush by. Onew looked at the others blankly, and shut the door. He turned back toward the bed, beginning to speak.

“Taemin-“

The maknae had his arms wrapped around Onew’s chest, hugging him tightly. He let out some breathes, sounding like he was able to cry. “Hyung, I’m… I’m sorry. I have to tell you something.”

Onew stood still, a stiff posture. “Don’t bother.”

“Wh-what? How-“

“I saw you two. Now if you’ll please excuse me, I’d like to be-“

No! Please, let me explain, hyung, please!” Taemin tugged him tighter, clinging onto his shirt. Onew was startled by the sudden outburst, and listened. “You know I get… confused. And… and me and Minho hyung fight… so… Luna’s such a caring girl, and she’s always been there for me…”

“So she cheats on me, how caring.” Onew adds, a stale tone.

“Hyung… it was a mistake. Right after it happened we realized we shouldn’t have done that. Besides, I kissed her. U-um… I’ve tried to kiss her before, actually.”

Taemin felt his hyung’s body shivering, loosening and beginning to break down. Onew let out some soft cries, “Wh-what? How could-“

“I’m sorry! Please, forgive me…. It’s all my fault, hyung. We’re not in love, we’re just friends.”

“Just friends…” Onew breathed, looking out into the air. “Then what’s with your stupid secret with her?”

“What… oh… that was… that was just back when I tried to kiss her on the roof.”

Taemin could tell all of this was just making Onew hyung feel worse, his hands covering his face now to cover any tears from showing. “Hyung, there is an unbearable amount of guilt in my heart from all of this… but Luna-“

“Please, just go to the café now, Taemin.”

“Luna feels even worse, you know.”

Onew sighed, looking down, Taemin still clinged onto his hyung, but now Onew was wrapping his arms around him as well.

“Thank you,” Onew stated. “For being honest with me, Taeminnie.”

 

 

 

Hello! This is station 101.8 Tokyo Pop! Today we are featuring one of South Korea’s most famous groups, please welcome f(x)!” The radio began to play f(x)’s NU ABO as the MC’s and group cheered, saying hello and giving their greetings in Japanese. The girls had a nearby translator, helping them out when needed.

The entire interview, Luna could tell something was wrong with her. She just did not feel right. She felt sick this morning, and had this uncomfortable pain in her stomach. The other girls could tell as well, being gentler with her during the interview. She was a bit quiet, which wasn’t like her, and the questions were so boring and uninteresting it wasn’t worth talking anyways. However, her spirit was light and happy, smiling respectfully and answering politely.

She couldn’t stop thinking about her oppa though, and how much she hurt. Would he possibly leave her by her action? Was it even considered… cheating? It’s not like she kissed Taemin, Taemin kissed her. But… still, it wasn’t right. None of it was right and she regretted every moment. It made her angry thinking about what she had done, and that she never even bothered to tell Onew oppa about the first time she and Taemin kissed. Everything just bothered her today.

“We’d like to thank you ladies for visiting us today here on Tokyo Pop,” The MC announced through his microphone, “Let’s give a round of applause for f(x)!”

The girls politely said their goodbyes to each worker, bowing and smiling. They shuffled themselves out and into a van, manager oppa sitting in front as the girls sat in the back and talked. Once they got back to the hotel, Victoria and Luna walked slowly next to each other, behind from the rest.

“Luna-shi, can I talk to you for a moment?” Victoria cupped her hand on Luna’s head, her hair. Luna accepted, nodding, the two walking away from the others. Victoria had a serious expression, observing Luna’s every move since this morning. Vic umma had this sort of sense over the girls, knowing when something is wrong and what the cause is. “Luna,” Victoria grabbed onto one of Luna’s hands, “tell me what’s wrong.”

“I just don’t feel good,” she blankly responded, looking away. Victoria shook her head, placing a hand on her cheek.

“You know that’s not true… Luna-shi, I hate seeing you like this.”

Her heart was pulling apart in her chest, making it hard to breathe now. Luna’s throat began to tickle, that feeling before one cries. She attempted to hide it by sighing, but her breathing sounded croaky and unnatural, giving it away even more.

“Luna-shi, please talk to me.”

Luna looked up to Victoria, not even knowing where to begin. “Well,” Luna silently spoke in her mind, “first of all, I might be pregnant with a man I love and cheated on, oh and he won’t talk to me.” Luna simply sighed again, mumbling out some words. All she could really say was, “Secrets.”

“Secrets?” Victoria crossed one arm over the other, leaning closer. “Luna…”

“I hate keeping secrets,” Luna’s voice was cracky and high, “B-but… I have to…”

“Let me guess. You hate keeping secrets from the people you love, but you want to protect them from getting hurt?”

Luna felt shocked by her wisdom, knowing exactly her feelings. Tears were falling down her cheeks, rubbing off some of her blush. She wiped them away, sniffing. “I’m a bad person.”

“You’re silly for thinking such a thing. You’re such a wonderful person, Luna-shi.”

“N-no… I’m not… I’m keeping so many things to myself and… sooner or later, everything is going to… t-to fall apart.” Victoria pulled Luna into a tight embrace, her chin resting on Luna’s head.

“Luna-shi, you can tell me anything… I will never judge you because I love you. Umma is here…”

Luna sobbed out loud, not caring if anyone heard now, “I-I… I kissed Taemin twice, and… and now Onew oppa… he won’t talk… to me. I messed up everything.”

Victoria let out a sigh, tightening her embrace. “He loves you so much, Luna,” she whispered, so soft Luna could barely hear it. “He may forgive you.”

“He’s going to forget me now… He has no reason to stay with me… n-not unless-“ she closed , avoiding the fact that Victoria could know about her possible pregnancy. But, she had to admit it. She had to. Victoria would be able to help her determine if she was or not…

Luna stayed quiet, crying quietly in Victoria’s arms. “Onew oppa,” she spoke in her head, “please don’t leave me. Please. I’ll do anything.”

“Does he know the full truth behind this, Luna-shi?”

“Well… not exactly. I just don’t have the heart to tell him everything… I don’t want him to leave me.”

“Luna… you have to listen to me, okay?” Victoria pulled Luna’s face closer to hers, one hand on each side of her cheeks. “Life has taught me that… whether you speak of it or not, the truth is always going to be there, whether you like it or not. But, it’s best to just be honest with people. Even… even if they leave, life will work its way around to help you.”

Luna looked away, thinking. She clenched onto her stomach, thinking of what the truth really was right now. “I hope Onew oppa will at least talk to me about this,” Luna placed both hands over Victoria’s, “thank you…”

 

 

 

Onew had on a thick scarf around his neck, the air being so cold today. He wore some dark jeans and a thick jacket as well, just now arriving at the restaurant the others have been at. He was around twenty minutes late, hoping they weren’t eating much yet.

“Hyung, finally, you’re here!” Jonghyun cheered, standing up from his seat and letting Onew step into their booth. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m okay,” he breathed, a half sigh. The others nodded, looking at his expression. Onew had a small smile, his eyes fixated on the menu in front of him. “I’m hungry, though.” He flipped a page over on the menu, trying to be unnoticed. Taemin had one hand entwined with Minho’s under the table, glancing at Onew every once and a while.

“Are you hanging out with Luna today?” Key asked, trying to spark some sort of conversation. Onew’s eyes shifted down once he heard her name, giving a simple-

“No.”

Awkward silence was brought amongst the boys, continuing to eat. Once they finished, Onew was the first to step up to leave. They paid respectfully, and bowed to the workers before leaving.

 

 

 

“Yah, Sulli-shi, aren’t you bored? I want to go somewhere…” Luna was holding onto her phone, realizing she had sent four text messages to Onew already.

MSG: Oppa, please talk to me.

MSG: Can you let me talk to you tonight?

MSG: I love you, oppa.

MSG: Onew, please.

She was extremely frustrated, not only with herself but with Onew. She was desperate to talk to him, and all day he refused. Sulli already had her shoes on, Luna coming back into reality.

“Want to go shopping?”

“Omo! Yes!” Luna cheered, jumping up and slipping on some flats. They quickly slipped on the sleeves of their jackets and headed out, wallet in hand.

Luna and Sulli held hands, jogging to the main lobby. “We’re heading out!” They announced in unison, workers unable to stop them.

They jogged for a few blocks, eventually slowing down from the lack of adrenaline. The two girls finally reached a large section of shops, girly stores attracting them.

“I want to go there!” Luna pointed at a shop with lots of dresses and outfits, Sulli agreeing. “Let’s-“

“Oh, look unnie, it’s SHINee!”

Luna followed where Sulli was pointing, slightly opened with surprised. She noticed the boys all walking together, chatting and smiling. Except for Onew, actually. He kept quiet with a blank face.

“Annyeonghaseyo, SHINee!” Sulli yelled, waving.

“Yah, Sulli-shi!”

The boys stopped talking and were only a few feet away now, greeting the two girls. Onew stopped and stared, his eyes gazing at Luna. Her heart pumped faster, his blank face confusing her. “Oppa,” she spoke in her mind, “talk to me.”

“Where are you girls headed?” Jonghyun cheerfully asked, walking closer to them. Sulli smiled, telling him their plan. “Ah, yes, how… fun? Shopping is more of Key’s thing, actually.”

“Where are you girls going to shop?” Key jumped toward them, eager. Luna and Sulli smiled at each other.

“Over towards these maybe.”

“Yah! Boys let’s go shopping.” Key clapped his hands, making the girls laugh. The boys groaned, but agreed. “That’s right, Almighty Key always gets what he wants.”

“Because he’s a kid,” Jonghyun joked.

“Hi, Luna,” Taemin said, waving a bit. Luna nodded, smiling, but looked over to Onew, who was looking at his shoes now. She really wanted to crawl into a hole now, away from the world.

The whole group began to step toward the shops, Key in front with Sulli and Jonghyun while Taemin and Minho were behind. Luna and Onew were in the back, keeping their distance. It was getting pretty cold this afternoon; Luna’s arms wrapped around herself. She just wanted Onew to come over and do it for her.

“Oppa…” She said softly, glancing at him. Onew glanced back, a blank face, but looked away after a moment. “Can I tell you something?” Onew lifted his head a bit, giving a sort of ‘yes’ response. Luna sighed, “I wish you would let me explain.” He looked back down.

Onew was silent, but spoke so much in his head. “Who says you can’t,” He told himself. His eyes kept scanning his shoes as he walked; unable to stop thinking about her stare. He sighed softly, the group finally reaching a shop. Sulli ran toward Luna, pulling her forward.

“Unnie, try on clothes with me!”

“O-okay, well it’s a little cramped in here but-“

Sulli and Luna eventually found a more open space, Jonghuyn and Onew sitting together while Key and the girls shopped around. Taemin and Minho stood against a wall, giving commentary on what they liked and what they didn’t like.

“Sull-shi, don’t try that on, it’s too pink for your complexion.”

“Luna, try a floral version of that, it’ll look cute.”

“Go try on this one!”

Luna and Sulli had around four or five dresses, the two getting into their individual dressing rooms. Key directed them to come out and model the dresses, since he wanted to help them decide on what will look well and what just won’t work. Luna had some trouble with the dresses, not feeling very good today. Her stomach felt bloated and she didn’t feel pretty. Once the dressing room door closed on her, she hooked up each dress, picking out a pale green, soft dress. It was a little floral, but with cute buttons in front, giving it some flair. She liked it, but green didn’t look great on her. Slipping it on, she tightened it at the hips and torso, being tighter than she thought. It had a halter top, and scooped down at the back, showing some skin. It was loose at the bottom, draping down toward her mid-thighs, which she liked.

“Unnie, are you ready to come out? I’m putting on that puffy dress you liked.”

The two girls creaked the door open slightly, coming out with some caution. The boys awed, giving numerous compliments.

“Sulli, it’s so cute on you, you look adorable!”

“Luna, your hips look great with that fit.”

“You two look so nice!”

"Sulli, you are so cute."

Onew kept quiet, but couldn’t stop looking at Luna once she walked out. He sat with one hand on his chin, biting at his nail. He stared at her legs, and up to her rear. She looked beautiful and y all in one.

“Oh, the back has an opening too,” Luna turned, showing off the scoop of the back, her skin looking soft and elegant from the dress. Onew bit at his finger, almost cutting into the skin. He couldn’t stop looking, and Luna noticed.

“Aish, Luna, you look amazing with your back like that,” Jonghyun flirted, making her blush. Onew brushed one of his arms against Jonghyun’s, glaring.

“I think Sulli looks better,” Luna smiled, examining Sulli and her dress. She really did look nice, the dress puffed out near her knees, but fit so well around her frail shoulders. The girls stepped back into their rooms, trying on another.