The abandoned building

Remember, That I Love You so Much

Taemin arrived back at the dorm, quiet. His hair was wet and cold from the snow, and stuck to his cheeks. Onew, sitting by himself on the couch, jumped up and walked toward the cold maknae.

“Where is Luna…?”

“She… she uh… she went back to the f(x) dorm.”

Onew looked at Taemin. Key, Jonghyun, and Minho all greeted him kindly, asking how it went. They didn’t even notice Luna was gone.

“Taemin.” Onew interrupted the happy rejoining.

“Yes, hyung?” Taemin had a flicker of worry in his eyes, looking at Onew straight to his eyes.

“Why did she not join you back home? What happened?”

Taemin looked down, and back up at the rest of his hyungs.

“She, uh, missed her friends.” That made Onew huff, not believing any of it. He walked toward him, giving him an awkward hug.

“I’m glad you’re back and okay.” He said softly. Taemin, wrapping an arm around him, looked down to the floor. The rest of the boys joined in with the squeeze; a large, happy group hug. Minho placed an arm on Taemin’s, encouraging him to look back at him; officially ending what he thought was a fight.

Taemin sat on the floor with his hyungs, waiting for Key to finish up dinner. He was making his favorite meal: steak and mixed rice with seaweed soup. Taemin, unable to eat in the morning, rubbed his little stomach as he looked around at the others.

Jonghyun hyung was talking to Minho hyung about some funny thing that happened; Minho pointing out how hot some chick was on the show.

Of course.

Onew hyung was quiet, a bit awkward throughout the whole day. But he didn’t blame him, though… Taemin was too afraid to tell Onew what happened between him and Luna. If only he knew. Taemin ignored his growling stomach, and looked over to Onew.

“Onew hyung, what did you do while Luna came to speak with me?”

Onew didn’t look over at Taemin, but his body expression showed he was listening.

“Hyung, you should know Luna is oka-“

“I know; I trust you. But… I am desperate to know why she suddenly left. Did you and her argue about anything? I thought you were feeling better after she talked to you.” Taemin grew quiet, and looked around, thanking the world that Onew wasn’t looking at him. He seemed so obvious.

“Well, I already told you… She missed her group.” Onew looked down, playing with his own lips as he looked at his watch. What was he so anxious about? He already saw her plenty this morning. Taemin heard everything that they did, anyways.

He looked over to his right, eyes widening. Was he… jealous? No, no, not of Onew. He was jealous of their relationship. Taemin looked over at Minho, describing the woman on the show, still. Taemin huffed, crossing his arms. He felt less hungry than before.

“Taemin, can I ask you after dinner what you and-“

“Dinner’s ready!” Key screamed, holding a pot of hot soup with a cute pink oven mitten. He placed the soup carefully in the middle, and shuffled back into the kitchen for the rest of the food. The boys ate quickly, hadn’t not eaten most of the day due to their own laziness. Key finally brought out everything, and scooted next to Jonghyun, grabbing some chopsticks. He let out a sigh of exhaustion.

“So, Taemin, you never told us about how Luna calmed you down.” Key stated to the whole table before stuffing some rice in his mouth. Taemin was chewing on some steak, and swallowed quickly to answer.

“Um, she made me realize how great the world is, I guess.”

Onew gave a strange look. “What? What was on your mind?”

“Er… I just was mad at everyone. She told me everyone cared more than I think.”

“Of course we do.” Minho gave a slight glare to Taemin, making him confused. What was that all about? Onew shoved more food in his mouth, and looked over at Taemin once more.

“Yah, hyung, save some for us,” Jonghyun hissed. Onew responded by sticking his tongue out with some food on it, disgusting the whole table. Onew laughed, almost choking. He kind of missed just the guy time, he wasn’t focusing on it much lately. “Hey, if Luna were here, you would not be doing any of this.” Jonghyun continued, laughing. Onew smiled back.

“I just wonder what she’s up to.” Onew announced, beginning to settle down. He sipped some seaweed soup from his spoon.

Luna sat together with Sulli, Krystal, Amber, and Victoria for some much needed girl time. They ate dinner already, a light one for Luna because she has missed some practice. Luna talked about numerous things with the girls, but of course they wanted to talk about Onew oppa the most. She tried to avoid the subject, but they were persistent, especially Krystal.

“Unnie, you never told me how Onew oppa thought of your hair,” Sulli smiled at Luna.

“Um, well, he likes it a lot. He likes the change, I guess…” Luna desperately wanted to talk about something else, but had nothing else to bring up.

“Unnie… how was your night with Onew?” Krystal asked, raising an eyebrow. “What did you two do?”

Luna looked down, smiling to herself. She was so happy when she thought of Onew and how wonderful everything turned out that night… but, when she thought of her and Taemin’s discussion, she grew angry. Krystal watched her expression change, and kept silent.

“Luna-shi, are you alright?” Victoria placed her palm on Luna’s cheek, just like a mother. Luna’s mind felt so dark, she was about to cry. She placed a hand on top of Victoria’s, wishing she could just cry in her arms, telling her everything.  But she couldn’t. She just wanted to take away all that had happened this past week.

Everything.

Luna sighed, holding back tears. She smiled slightly. “I’m just thinking about all that happened, but overall, it was fun.” The girls nodded, understanding.

It was close to eleven o’ clock when the girls were laying in each of their beds. Amber, eating too much for dinner, was fast asleep, snoring. Luna picked up her phone and texted Krystal.

MSG: Krystal, let’s talk by the couch.

She didn’t get a reply, but began to crawl out of her warm bed, taking her blanket with her. She shuffled softly into the main room, and spread her blanket across the couch, sitting underneath it. The warmth was coming back, her eyes fluttering by the enjoyment. She wasn’t exactly sure if Krystal was going to come or not, but either way, she was warm and she could sleep here. Luna shifted her body to get more comfy, waiting.

Onew lay in his bed, staring up at the ceiling. The day was awkward between him and Taemin, he thought. He had both hands behind his back, his chest exposed into the moonlight. The moon was bright and beautiful, he enjoyed the ray lights giving off an off blue lighting in his room. He wished there was more time to talk to Taemin, asking him what he and Luna talked about that made her leave. He felt his heart tear a bit, beginning to think of the worst. He missed Luna already; her touch, smell, her beautiful, soft hair, her everything.

Onew suddenly sat up, hearing the wind make the snow hit against his window. It startled him a bit, but he looked out into the window, listening carefully. It made him want to go outside and enjoy the moonlight. He thought of how Key one day was making fun of how much Onew had grown a liking the moon.

“It’s because of Luna, come on, her name means moon.” Key had said, crossing his arms. It allowed Onew to laugh.

“No, no, it’s just…”

“Exactly.”

Onew smiled at the memory, realizing how right Key was. He got out his bed, only in some loose boxer shorts, and took out a pair of comfy gray sweatpants and a plain black polo. He wasn’t tired, so he quickly slipped into his clothes.

Outside, everything was glowing; at least, that’s what it seemed like. The moonlight reflected the snow to make it look as if it were made of light blue material, shining. Onew wandered for a few minutes around the city, looking at all the familiar buildings he sees every day. He walked aimlessly, enjoying the view. He had his hands in his coat’s pockets, warming his hands. It seemed like he walked for miles before he reached-

The abandoned building. Onew’s eyes widened.

Onew shivered; it was as if his body was moving on its own to this place. Onew frowned, afraid of his own action. Without even thinking, his body moved.

It moved toward the building.

Onew’s body shuffled slowly towards the entrance. It looked the exact same as when he… when he… he couldn’t finish his thought. He didn’t want to. Onew realized what his brain was trying to do: it wanted to just… see what happened. He had to face it.

He had to face the trauma that was caused. He suddenly wondered if Taemin had told Luna about what happened, his heart racing. Onew finally reached the door, placing a hand on the glass. He breathed out a warm breath, fogging up some of the glass. The moonlight wasn’t able to light the inside completely, so he brought out his phone and set it on flashlight mode.

He walked silently into the building, nonchalant. He looked up to the vents, remembering the fear he felt. His heart was weakly beating, anxious of something. He didn’t know what, but… he felt like something wasn’t right. He was afraid… he was afraid to see… the body. Onew shone his light more towards the ground, looking, without thought, for it…

Where was it?

Onew tried to visualize where he was when he went to get his Luna-shi. He thought of her face, blank and almost lifeless… laying there as he kissed her all over. That man. Anger rose, his throat dry. He swallowed a lump and walked toward the familiar room.

Onew noticed a tiny window, the moonlight helping him see more. He still had to use his flashlight, and scanned the light over…

All he could see was a stream of blood, as if the body wasdragged across the room. Onew covered his mouth, unable to scream. He could suddenly smell the scent of it, making him completely sick. Onew took a step back, shocked. He grabbed at his chest, he was about to faint. He shook his head to snap out of it, but something took over his body; a tingle all over of complete fear. So many questions filled his brain.

Where is it Where did he go Where is he Why is there blood Did someone take it Did he drag himself out Is he alive Is he dead Oh god where is he Please lord save me Help-

Onew dropped his phone, setting the flashlight mode off; Onew yelped, and tried to grab at it; there was barely any light, and Onew was completely freaking out by this point. His body was shaking as he finally reached his phone, and ran as fast as he could out of the room. It was like a stupid haunted house he used to go to with Jonghyun and Minho, except this was real. Onew ran, but slipped on something, planting his face to the ground. Ouch. He touched his face, realizing he smashed some of his lip onto the ground. He touched his own hands, feeling liquid. His hands were barely able to grasp onto his phone again, shining the light onto his weak, fragile hands. He breathed out as he realized the liquid was-

Just some water. That allowed Onew to let out a sigh of relief. He felt a bit better, but still was spooked by this stupid building. Why did he have to go inside, why? He suddenly heard a faint noise, like a breath. It came from the ceiling, up into the high metal vents. Onew jumped up to his feet once more, and sprinted out. He sprinted as fast as he could out to the snow, the beautiful, innocent snow. He finally reached the door, slamming his body into it. He felt a sharp pain in his elbow this time, but swooshed the door open, letting his body fall onto the sidewalk. Onew grew sick again, the smell of blood taking over his body.

He let it out; he had to. He vomited onto the sidewalk, sobbing quietly. His body could not face what his eyes just saw, just comprehended. He felt like a monster thinking about how he wrapped his strong hands over the man’s throat, crushing his passageway. Onew stumbled up; his knees wobbly, and headed back to the dorm. He felt human, completely human: vulnerable, weak, and regretful. He just wanted to be home again. He wanted to brush his teeth, wash his hands, and go back to bed. He wanted to take away everything. He wanted everyone in the world to go away, so he could just be alone with Luna. No more hurt, no more pain for either of them. Onew hated himself. He wanted to be innocent again, not facing any of these things.

He was a murderer; he was a sick, disgusting monster.

The body was gone, and he had no idea why. He prayed for the best, like some kind of dogs dragged it away. He just hoped that it was a misunderstanding his brain was making him think.

He stumbled back into his dorm quietly, having a completely opposite feeling of when he left. He slipped off his shoes and coat and headed into the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his hands. Onew slipped back into bed, still wearing his sweatpants and polo. Tears were streaming down his face, silently crying to himself.

“Hyung?” Onew looked up to the door to see Key with his hand on the door. The moonlight shined right to his face, Key’s eyes were squinting slightly. “Hyung, do you even know what sleep is?”

Onew looked away, not answering. If only he knew.

“What’s wrong?” Key rubbed his eyes and sat down on the bed while Onew lay stiff. Key wrapped an arm around his shoulder, pulling his body up to face him. Key, although didn’t seem like it, was the most caring of the group. If he knew something was wrong, he was there to help. Onew began to sob softly while Key rubbed his back. “Luna?” He asked. Onew shook his head. “Then what, hyung?”

“I wish,” Onew said, sniffing, “I wish I could tell you.”

 


“Unnie, how do you feel now that you know what he’s done?” Krystal whispered quietly to Luna. They both snuggled under Luna’s blanket on the couch, soft whispers coming from each other. Luna looked silently at the floor, picking her nails. She had to honestly think about how she felt. Terrified? Safe? She knew it was out of love and safety, but…

“I don’t know,” She safely responded. Krystal hugged Luna tightly.

“So, how did he react when he found out you and him kissed?” Krystal stuck out her tongue playfully. Luna chuckled quietly.

“He will never know. He’d get so mad,” Luna blushed, covering her face. She thought of how Taemin held onto her, forcing her to kiss him back. She kind of enjoyed having male attention on her, and began to accept it. She started to realize that she may actually be attractive to guys.

“Unnie, I’m just glad you’re okay…” Krystal pokes Luna’s nose, making Luna smile.

“I really, really hope nothing else happens. I just want it to end now. I hate…. Being a a burden,” Luna said bitterly. She was afraid everyone was going to avoid her, hate her, or leave her if she kept getting attacked or stalked. She felt like everything was her fault, and began to cry from her own thoughts. Krystal hugged her, wiping her tears.

“You’re never going to be a burden. Everyone: Amber, Victoria, me, Sulli, all of your friends care about you. But most of all… Onew cares about you the most,” Luna looked up, struck by her words, “You realize he’s willing to risk his life for you now, I mean, what if he died for you?” Luna looked away, wide eyed. She had never thought of that. Images of Onew oppa dead formed, one where he may have gotten shot, or stabbed, or strangled… she didn’t even want to continue.

“He’s almost died for me… wow.” That was all Luna could say. Her tears were subsiding, and she began to fall in love with him all over again while her brain sent out warning signals from this man. When she thought of Onew now, she felt… protected but afraid. That’s what she decided on. She wanted to see him again already, but avoid him at the same time. Looking over, she saw Krystal asleep on the couch, her arms holding her head up on the couch’s arm. Luna felt sleepy as well, and began to close her eyes. She began to think of when her and Onew made love that night, how gentle and relaxing he was. She remembered him kissing her everywhere, and telling her how much she meant to him. It was all new to her, but now she felt more used to it already.

So much has changed for her, she felt like a completely new person.