Go Girl

Remember, That I Love You so Much

Lights shined brightly, a giant screen showing numerous SM group shots of past videos, composed into a sort of ‘intro’ for the audience. Screams and yells filled the air, a sea of people. After the intro finished, SNSD’s Gee began to play, the SNSD girls stepping up from some stairs onto the stage

Luna was watching from the sides along with the f(x) girls. They were to perform next, dressed up and ready. Luna and Amber were pulling on each other, nervous but excited. Their hands clinged together, watching the stage carefully. SNSD looked so beautiful, and the lights made everything perfect. This was one of the biggest stages they’ve ever performed on; so many fans here. Luna ignored her back pain most of the time while waiting, considering how much adrenaline was in her body. Her knees were shaking lightly, making her grip onto Amber’s hand hard.

The SNSD girls shuffled down the stairs while high-fiving f(x), thanking and congratulating each other.

“Good luck!” Jessica patted Krystal’s face, and held onto Luna’s hand. Jessica quickly followed the other SNSD girls as f(x) stepped up to the stage.

 

My gangsta, my gangsta

 

My gangsta, my gangsta

 

Fans cheered, Luna’s body on a high. The smile on her face didn’t leave during the whole performance; putting all of her energy into the dance and lyrics. She felt beautiful, loved, and admired by the screaming fans.

The high faded as she stepped down after performing, directing her steps back toward the backstage area. Instead of multiple dressing rooms, SM idols were headed to a large, open spaced room, filled with TVs that displayed the current performance. Luna slumped over towards a chair, sitting gently. Luna’s feet were numb from the high heels she wore, and her legs were aching at the muscles. She just wanted to go back to the hotel now, she felt sick and unhealthy. Her back was stinging so much she was unable to speak, covering her eyes. Honestly, she wanted to cry.

“Luna, you did great,” Luna uncovered her eyes to see Taemin standing before her, smiling. He bent down to her level, asking her what was wrong.

“I… I just don’t feel good. I don’t feel good at all.”

Taemin rubbed her shoulder, trying to smooth out any knots in her muscles. “Luna, if you’re sick, just relax for a bit. I’m sure you’ll feel fine if I get you some water,” Taemin spun around and walked over towards the end of the room where numerous cardboard boxes held mini water bottles. He picked one out quickly, opening it for her before handing it to her. Luna smiled, which made her stomach feel less nauseous.

“Why are you being an umma right now, Taeminnie?” That made Taemin chuckle, covering his mouth. Luna stuck out her tongue.

“Sorry, you just look so sick right now I have to take care of you.”

Luna smiled again, but noticed people walking towards the two of them. One had a clipboard and headset. “Luna, I have to tell you something exciting about Onew hyung,” Taemin cheered, oblivious to the others walking near them.

“You need to be backstage right now, Taemin, let’s go,” Taemin nodded and looked over to Luna once more, glancing at her. He looked so sweet, as if he was deciding to stay or not.

“I’ll tell you-“

“Go, Taemin,” Luna told him, using her hands to shoosh him away, but they both smiled at each other.

Krystal plopped down next to her, out of breath. She was uncomfortable as well, rubbing her feet. Luna looked up to one of the TVs the moment Taemin was out of view, watching carefully. Fans did not know what SM group came in order, so they were quiet for every moment between performances, the TV displaying almost a black screen with a few faint lights on stage. Some light piano music began to play, attracting the fans. After a few moments, SHINee’s Replay was beginning to play, making the fans scream loudly. Luna’s chest also beat faster slightly, excited. Onew, she got to see Onew oppa now. She felt pain in her legs, but ignored it, smiling as she watched the lights shine and expose the boys now dancing to Replay. It was the Japanese version, of course.

 

She’s perfect special lady everyone envies

 

She is happier than anyone

 

Luna had such a smile on her face hearing Taemin sing so sweet, he sounded so good that she clapped her hands together the moment he began to sing. Onew oppa then jumped in, singing his line.

Nothing in the world can replace her

 

You are only my everything

 

Luna smiled again, lowering her hands slowly. Wow, he looked so handsome. Maybe it was from just the aftermath of emotions from finishing one of her performances, but she suddenly just felt so happy seeing him; exctatic. Even throughout the whole performance, she could only see Onew. He looked slick and confident, smiling slyly at the camera that made even her blush. They continued the song as fans screamed the lyrics, Luna suddenly flooded with thoughts. His husky but soft voice made her think of when they first made love. She honestly wanted it again at that moment, seeing him act such a y way towards the camera. Onew was making her feel like a fangirl, her heart fluttering from a stupid TV. She placed a hand on her cheek, watching the man she desperately loved sing his heart out.

 

You and me, girl

 

(keep dreaming ’bout you)

 

Hey girl

I don’t wanna go

 

The song ended, fans screaming as the boys waved friendly and bowed, before running off. Onew, looking cool, turned his body around once more to the fans, causing him to fall down the stairs. “Aish, oppa,” she breathed, laughing quietly.

Krystal sighed after a while, still looking on the floor. She always had such beautiful pale skin, but right now, she was pure white and ice cold, it worried Luna.

“God, I’m so tired, Unnie…” Krystal had tears forming in her eyes all of the sudden, all of the emotion from performing still holding on as the two of them felt extreme exhaustion and fatigue. Krystal’s voice was croaky, holding back tears, “C-can I have some of your water?”

“I’m sorry, Krystal about how you feel right now… I know your anemia can be a pain, but hang in there with me, okay?” Luna comforted her as she handed Krystal her water bottle. Krystal sniffed, nodding. Both of them sang the hardest out of the group, almost out of breath towards the end of each performance. Luna locked her pinky with Krystal, a sign of reassurance that both of them will be okay. “Positive,” she told Krystal with a smile, “no matter what.” They smiled at each other, beginning to tear up. Becoming an idol wasn’t supposed to be this hard… but they found peace when they were able to reflect on how much they’ve sacrificed as a group.

 

Luna and SNSD’s Hyoyeon were standing backstage, waiting with anticipation. Luna noticed Hyoyeon’s cute orange jumpsuit but with shorts, making her legs look amazing. She felt jealous. Both of them held onto each other until Luna was told to head over to the other side, waving at Eunhyuk for good luck as well, who was also waiting backstage to himself. Luna’s legs were feeling better already, no more aching, but she felt a pain of nervousness in her heart.

“Luna,” Taemin called out, running to hug her as she arrived into the opposite part of backstage. Taemin and Luna both embraced, waiting until Taemin’s cue to head onto the stage for his first dance solo. The giant screen began to display each of their names. Lights began to flicker and shine; an assistant giving Taemin his cue to head onto the stage.

Luna had to cover her ears from the loudness of the fans screaming for Taemin. Electronic music began to play, however, exciting her. She watched Taemin dance slowly at first, getting into the music. He encouraged the fans by placing a hand over his ear, making the fans scream even louder. She honestly yelled out along with the fans, just as excited.

Taemin’s movements were quick and on beat: spinning, popping, and moving with ease. Luna stared, overwhelmed. Eunhyuk then joined in, walking with confidence and beginning to join in with own his dancing. The fans screamed loudly as the boys glided each leg in sync and moved smoothly together. Taemin jumped down back to where Luna was, allowing Eunhyuk his mini solo dance.

“Luna, head onto stage now,” the assistant said. Luna nodded and breathed out, walking up the stairs moments before her and Hyoyeon’s song began to play.

The music slowed to a lesser-paced song as Hyoyeon and Luna popped and moved robotically in sync. They complimented each other’s movements by mirroring each other, using opposite hands. Their bodies moved like waves, popping and flexing each muscle to look naturally fluent. Luna smiled with confidence, realizing she is dancing by SM’s dancing queen right now, anyway. Taemin and Eunhyuk were now joining then, the music beginning to come back to its original fast paced beat. It all just came natural to the four of them as they glided their hands and legs, twisting their body into perfect movements. Fans cheered as the music softened and now began to play Pit Bull’s Go Girl as the two boys walked off stage.

 

What would music be, without sounds?

 

Luna smiled, snapping as she walked to her formation with SNSD’s Yoona and Yuri joining in. She felt so y with her hip shaking and popping, the rap beat slow but light. Luna backed into a line with the other girls, each girl grabbing onto each other’s hips, popping their behinds towards the audience. All of them smiled, the fans going crazy. They then turned to shake their hips more, carefully to each beat as the lyrics played.

 

Shake them dice and roll 'em


Shake them dice and roll 'em


When they ask you what's that dance


You say that's the hustle, man

 

While Hyoyeon had her mini solo dance, SHINee’s Minho, f(x)’s Victoria, and Eunhyuk again were now on stage with them, beginning to show off some more fast paced movements as Michael Jackson’s Jam played. Luna was beginning to sweat, but felt a full high. She felt no pain at that moment.

 

It ain’t too much for me

 

The song finished, Taemin landing in a half split, the others forming a pose as fans cheered. It was like a weight was lifted off of Luna’s chest, feeling no mistakes made or anything during this dance battle. She felt great, smiling as they walked off quickly towards the backstage room again. Krystal, Amber, and Sulli all grouped up with Luna and Victoria to a congratulatory hug.

“You looked beautiful, you two!” Amber cooed, a smile on her face. Luna was smiling back, twisting her neck around to see if Taemin was around again. She felt hands onto her hips at that instant, turning her body around. She blushed to find Onew oppa holding onto her, a proud grin on his face.

“Wow, Luna-shi,” he cooed, keeping his distance enough to not embarrass the other girls too much. Luna felt nervous, though, remembering how she just felt when she watched SHINee perform on the TV. Onew had his hair slicked up for their Lucifer performance coming up, making him look extremely y. He had a tight black T-shirt with a leather vest, showing off his muscles in his arms and in his chest. What was up with her right now, anyway? Why was she feeling so funny about him tonight? She bit her lip, the two of them looking at each other for a few moments. Onew leaned down toward her, moving his lips to her ear.

“What did you mean when you said you were excited for tonight? Did you mean this?… or… later tonight?” Onew whispered in Luna’s ear softly. He sounded concerned, waiting for an answer.

“Yah, you two, break apart now,” Victoria scolded, “Luna-shi, you should not be into boys so much yet!”

Luna blushed, pulling away from Onew without eye contact. Onew looked to her smiling, but understood and began to walk backstage for his Lucifer performance.

 

“Luna-shi,” Victoria cooed, while rubbing Luna’s forehead to help with the headache. “You are so tired tonight, are you nervous or something?”

“I guess, Vic-umma… I just feel a mix of emotions.”

The two were both alone in the bathroom, a one roomed uni bathroom where they stood together in front of a mirror. Victoria was hugging her now, reassuring that tonight will be over soon. “Then you can sleep, Luna-shi. My poor Luna always tired. Fighting!”

Luna smiled; she liked being treated like a child sometimes… since she didn’t get it much as a child anyway. Victoria gave her some pain medicine and headed back into the backstage performance.

“I just have one more dance until its’s over,” Luna told herself, “stay positive.”

 

 

 

…Hot, hot, hot, hot summer

 

Hot, hot, hot, hot summer

 

The girls finally finished their last performance, all of them out of breath again. Luna was afraid Krystal was going to faint like she did last year, but she did well and held on. She was proud, linking a pinky with hers for a moment again. Fans screamed once more, Luna feeling even more excited this time: knowing she can finally relax.

 

Security was crazy with protecting each idol, not allowing any more photos or signings for any fans. Onew crawled into his van with the other SHINee members, finally heading back to the awesome hotel. He was excited to be back to relax, but nervous to see Luna-shi. What was he even supposed to say? He had doubts growing in his mind, unsure if he should bring it up… Onew shook his head, promising himself to talk to her about it. She has to realize their mistake-ugh, he hated calling it a mistake- their “decision.” He had gotten some condoms before heading to Japan, just in case; a close friend bought them for him… well… Jonghyun bought them because Onew didn’t want anyone to see him with them in a grocery bag.

That night with Luna-shi… it was honestly the best feeling that has ever happened to him, feelings so indescribable; he had never felt such a thing before with another person – he grew incredibly attached to Luna after making love to her, pure love. It made him crazy thinking about that night, and he wanted it again each day passing. It felt like a century since…

He didn’t want to think of that moment again, however, with the boys in the van with him.

The van finally parked in the hotel’s parking lot, each boy crawling out, exhausted and sweaty. They rushed into the lobby, up the stairs, through the hallway, and finally in each of their rooms. Onew plopped onto his bed, feeling so comfortable now. He looked down to his shoes, slipping them off and gently tossing them towards the door. He stood straight, slipping his black shirt off (the vest was returned to his coordi-noona because of how expensive it was). His bare skin was burning hot from all that hard work. He pressed his fingertips against his stomach, feeling the smooth texture – he needed a shower before seeing Luna, that was for sure.

Taking his phone with him in the bathroom, he slipped into the shower, feeling the soaking hot water wash away all that sweat. It felt good. He scrubbed his hair as well as his body quickly, anxious and excited at the same time. He brushed his teeth as well while he conditioned his hair. Five minutes later, Onew was out and drying himself with a towel. He picked up his phone: no messages. Onew sighed.

MSG: Luna-shi?

He waited for a bit while putting on some deodorant before putting on another T-shirt. He slipped on some comfortable-fitted jeans and slumped back onto the bed. His heart was beating pretty fast, just now realizing how nervous he was again. It was like he was going on his first date with her or something.

LUNA MSG: Oppa, I just got done with a bath, I’m almost ready. It’s late so I have to wait for a little bit until Krystal is asleep.

MSG: Okay, just come in when you’re here, I’ll leave something to hold the door slightly open. Or text me.

She didn’t answer, which didn’t upset him. He just rested his whole back against the bed now, concentrating on his breathing.

Honestly, he had thought so much about this possible baby, that he was even beginning to accept it… If he was going to be an appa, he would fully support Luna and give her everything he had for Luna and their baby. He would take care of it as much as he could and buy Luna a beautiful ring to show his full commitment. God, he cursed himself for being such a… such a stupid human for making a stupid “decision” to not use protection; he learned about it in health class back in school and since then he told himself his first time would be protected. It wasn’t Luna’s fault, though, she was just so innocent… he enjoyed her innocence a lot, considering how cute she was, but… He felt like a monster corrupting her entire life. And now, because of him, they might have a baby. A baby. With tiny eyes and thin hair, crying for food and attention. He imagined Luna as a mother, smiling to himself. She would be holding it in her arms, showing Onew that the baby is asleep and quiet. Or Onew would be holding it in his arms, gently the baby’s soft skin. Onew tried not to think of it too much – it wasn’t even certain. He couldn’t be stuck on this idea in his head; he might begin to fully believe it then.

LUNA MSG: I’m here.


(A/N: To get the full effect of this chapter, go ahead and watch THIS video of the actual dance performance)