Hyung, are you okay?

Remember, That I Love You so Much

“Hyung, hyung, wake up, please,” Onew woke to see the maknae Taemin shaking his arm, “Key wants to go somewhere for breakfast.”

Onew groaned and turned over, he was never a morning person. He mumbled something out like, “Yah, let me sleep. Tell Key he can wait.”

Taemin nodded and went to his other hyungs. Key and Jonghyun were sitting together on the couch. Key was fixing his hair holding one of their little handheld mirrors while Jonghyun watched some TV. Taemin sat down on the couch’s arm and told them Onew was still sleeping.

“What do you mean Onew is still sleeping? It’s almost nine o’ clock. He should be up by now,” Key whined to Taemin to go back and actually wake Onew up.

Taemin huffed quietly to himself and trotted towards Onew’s room once more. While walking to the end of the hall for Onew, Taemin was startled as Minho popped out of the bathroom without his shirt, wearing some jeans.

“Minho hyung, can you help me wake Onew hyung up? He doesn’t listen to me…” Taemin ruffled some of his hair to look more desperate. Minho shrugged and followed Taemin to Onew’s room. They woke him by flashing the lights on and off and singing their new hit song, Ring Ding Dong. Onew groaned and threw a pillow at one of them, but missed.

Once Onew was up and ready, the five of them walked to a nearby restaurant. “Omo, I’m so hungry,” Taemin held his little stomach.

“Taemin, you are always hungry!” Minho flicked Taemin’s ear, making him yelp.

The boys sat down at a booth, and ordered. The conversation was light until someone brought up-

“So, what do you think of the new f(x) group? They all seem like nice girls,” Key announced while smiling. Jonghyun nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, I met Victoria and Amber, they are both very nice. Their performance was also wonderful. I’m impressed,” Jonghyun looked at the rest of the group. Onew was quiet, he began to think about Luna and her shyness. He still was confused why she didn’t even talk to him. Onew wondered if she just was too stuck on her performance, or if she just didn’t care for him.

“Onew hyung? What did you think of Krystal and Luna?” Taemin interrupted his thoughts with this question.

“They both were very polite, especially Krystal. Luna was quiet…” Onew softly said.

Key nodded, but added, “But you guys were awkwardly staring at each other silently the whole time,” he laughed, “What was up with that?”

Onew chuckled and shook his head, “No, no, I was just listening to what you and Krystal were saying. I had nothing to say that was interesting. Key, you know me, I’m far too busy to be interested in anyone.”

“Okaaay, way to be defensive,” Key rolled his eyes, “Well, here’s our food now.”

The boys were all silent for a few moments while eating, until Taemin broke the silence by stating, “I wonder how well of a dancer Luna really is.”

“Don’t talk with your mouth full, Taemin.” Onew scolded. Jonghyun looked at Onew, surprised, but let out a laugh. Once they were done, Taemin, Onew, and Minho decided to head to SM’s practice room for a while. Considering after Minho and Taemin woke Onew up to their own song, they couldn’t get it out of their head. Jonghyun and Key had nothing else to do for the day, so they decided to go shopping.

Onew, Minho, and Taemin quickly arrived at SM’s practice room and put on some sneakers to practice their group number.  The maknae was getting water out of his bag for the others while talking about the routine. He looked at Onew. “Onew hyung, we need to practice our tutting, it’s a little sloppy.”

“You mean I have to practice my tutting, eh?” Onew jokingly glared at Taemin.

Around an hour later, Minho and Taemin left to get more water from a water fountain. Onew quietly sat by himself on one of the folding chairs in the practice room. He noticed he had a weird, excited feeling in his heart. He had been sitting down for a few minutes, so his heart rate would not still be racing from dancing. Normally Onew felt generally calm and confident, but lately, he’s been feeling nervous, expecting to see Luna at any moment. He felt desperate to talk to her; she seemed interesting and mysterious. He sighed to himself, wondering why he’s so interested in a girl younger than him anyways. Onew looked up at the newly placed posters of each SM group, admiring each and individual one. He looked further toward the end of the newer groups, and stopped a new f(x) poster. Each member stood next to each other in front of a plain white background, dressed in bright colors against black. Luna-shi stood at the far left, looking confident and relaxed. “That’s how I should be feeling,” he told himself.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” Onew heard two female voices say in unison.

Onew quickly turned to see Amber and Luna standing by the door, bowing, “Sorry, we thought it was empty,” Amber chuckled a bit.

Onew hurriedly turned away from the poster and bowed back. “Sorry, girls, I can leave if you want.” He felt embarrassed and hoped neither of them noticed what he was doing early.

“You can stay here with us,” Luna politely said with a little smile.

Amber added, “I’m guessing you weren’t alone here the whole time? So you can wait here until the others get back if you want.” Onew laughed nervously and bowed once more, thanking them. He sat back down in his chair again while the girls stretched.

“Do you want to see our new routine?” Amber asked Onew, he nodded with a smile.

“But I thought we were just stretching today,” Luna whispered to Amber, close to her so Onew could not hear her. Amber nudged Luna, making her agree.

Amber took her ipod and plugged it into the speakers, playing their future single, Nu ABO. Luna and Amber walked to the middle and began their routine, singing along to the lyrics. Luna sang Krystal’s and Sulli’s part as well as her own, and Amber sang Victoria’s as well as rapped her own parts. Onew smiled when the chorus came on, Amber and Luna both doing each movement perfectly and matching each other.

Towards the end of the song, Taemin and Minho quietly walked back in while Luna and Amber continued. They were holding some Gatorades. “Of course,” Onew thought to himself. He focused his attention back on the girls, and Luna began to sing her solo. She sang perfectly on tune to the song’s note. Luna smiled at Onew after finishing, the boys all clapping and cheering.

“Yeah, this is how we do it, brand new love f(x)!” Taemin cheered, excited. Amber giggled at his cuteness.

Minho looked at Luna, smiling, “Luna-shi, you sang beautifully, I am impressed.” She was surprised by his deep voice. She bowed and smiled back.

“I’m so happy you’re impressed. Thank you, I’ve been practicing very hard,” Luna and Amber looked at each other, smiling. Onew frowned to himself, feeling a bit of anger.

Minho looked over to Onew, “We should go and let them practice more; we’ll be fine for the day without practice.” Minho stood up as well as Taemin and waited for Onew to join. The two got their shoes and bags and began to walk, bowing to the girls. His heart began to sink, standing up and following them. He bowed quickly and slowly followed Taemin and Minho. With all his hope, he slowed his walk through the building. Minho and Taemin chatted ahead of him, minding their own business. The building was moderately large, so it was a long walk out of the building and back to their dorm.

 For some reason, Onew just decided to make a drastic decision. He had his cellphone and his wallet, so he will be fine.

He stopped walking, and walked back. “Minho and Taemin won’t care, hopefully,” He thought to himself.

Reaching the practice door once more, he heard music playing again, this time f(x)’s La Cha Ta, but playing rather quietly, as if it were just for background music. Before opening the door, Onew realized how awkward it would be to just walk back… he had to think of a reason why he needed to come back in.

Did he leave anything in there?

Ah! He left his regular shoes in there. Onew then opened the door and noticed Luna sitting to herself, drinking some water.

“Uh-um… Luna-shi? May I come in?” Onew held back a giant smile as his heart began to thump. Luna looked at him and covered to hide any mess from drinking. Onew stood still until Luna would answer him. Awkwardly, she had to finish swallowing her water.

“Y-you can come in, sorry.” She sounded so quiet and distant. Her face was turning red, Onew touched own cheek, it was hot and red as well. He lowered his hand to his chest, feeling his heart pounding. Onew didn’t understand how simply walking into the same room with Luna, alone, would make him feel this way. Luna watched Onew walk over to her, still quiet. She finally spoke, “Um, Onew, I noticed you forgot your shoes here.”

Onew sat near his shoes and began to pick them up, slowly. His eyes scanned Luna once more, she was sitting against the wall, her legs laid out but slightly bent. He noticed a dark, big bruise on her left knee. “Did you hurt your knee?”

“Um, yeah, right after you and the boys left, I slipped and now Amber is getting me some ice. She literally just left.” Luna lightly touched her knee, examining the bruise. Onew continued to look at her legs, and moved up to her face. She stared back and smiled.

“H-how is it feeling right now?” Onew looked back down to her bruise.

“I’m okay, I’m not hurting too bad, it’s not like I sprained anything. I just don’t want a bruise showing for our next performance,” she patted her leg, “my legs aren’t very nice looking, so a bruise will make it look even worse.” Her statement confused Onew. What’s wrong with her legs? Frankly, her legs are very nice looking, without trying to sound like a ert. He didn’t want to tell her that, of course, that would make it even more awkward.

Onew let out a laugh, “I fall all the time, really. It’s my Onew condition. You just get used to it.” Luna had a smirk on her face.

“I know, it’s really cute,” Luna said, her face turning red again. There was a quick moment of silence.

“Do you think I’m cute?” Onew blurted out. Oops, how did that come out? He suddenly felt embarrassed and almost jumped up to leave.

“Huh?” Luna responded. Good, she didn’t hear. Onew almost wanted to say it again-

“Do you think I’m cute?” Onew stated again. What was his brain doing to him? Stop it, brain, stop it! Onew blinked quickly to control himself. Luna giggled.

“You’re SHINee’s leader Onew, everyone agrees that you’re very cute…” She looked down slightly, frowning, “Someone like me, a rookie, is lucky to be able to even talk to you.” She said this without any eye contact, blankly.

“But you’re beautiful,” Onew blurted. Aish, he felt as thought he had no control over himself. He thought in his head, “Onew, just cover your mouth to be safe. Cover. Your. Mouth. You are embarrassing yourself.”

He didn’t even realize that Luna was tearing up. “L-Luna-shi, why are you crying?” Onew jumped over to her and put a hand on her shoulder, leaning down to her level.

“It’s just… I’m very lucky to hear that every now and then,” she sniffed softly, “so thank you.” Luna wiped her eyes, looking at Onew. She put her hand on top of Onew’s delicately and smiled again. Her soft hand tightened around his, making him tense up.

“Luna-shi, why would you say something like that about yourself?” Onew said softly, like a whisper. Onew’s breath became heavy. He began to his thumb on her cheek.

“I’m here! Lu-…oh…uh…sorry, did I interrupt something…?” Amber awkwardly stood at the door, staring. Luna slapped her hand down on her thigh, looking away from Onew.

“Um, well, Onew just forgot his shoes, and he asked me about my leg. No biggie.”

Onew stood back up and picked up his shoes. He bowed at both the girls and quickly left, without one glance at Luna. He was so confused why she cried… why did she feel so bad about herself? Why? While walking out the door, Onew felt his face softly by the tips of his fingers. His cheek was warm and wet from a single tear.

At the dorm, all the rest of the boys were relaxing in the main room, chatting. When he took off his shoes and came in, Taemin and Minho had a smirk on their face.

“Eh?” Onew tried to pull off a confused, innocent face. Taemin snickered.

“We know why you left us, bad leader!” Minho pointed at Onew, “A hyung can’t leave his dongsaengs all alone!” Onew shook his head and smiled.

“What? What are these two talking about?” Jonghyun asked Onew.

Time passed as Onew told his story, Key could not help but giggle the whole time. “Hyung, that is adorable, what did Amber say?”

“She asked awkwardly if she interrupted anything.” It was better to lie a bit to the boys instead of the truth about this situation. Onew felt so bad for Luna, but none of them should know about what really happened.

The night already came, and the boys made a small dinner of rice and soup. Jonghyun and Onew both handled the cleaning afterward. Instead of lively and happy like when he was telling his interesting story, Onew was quiet in thought. Jonghyun was worried he was upset over something.

“Hyung?”

Onew was silent… not paying attention.

“Hyung?”

“Ah- sorry, yes, Jonghyun?”

“Is everything okay…?”

“Everything’s fine. Why?”

“You’re just so quiet, that’s all… Do you want to sing while we clean?”

Onew chuckled, “Sure, what should we sing?”

“Pick a song of ours that describes how your heart feels right now.” Jonghyun gave a cheesy smile, showing full teeth. Onew began to sing, without hesitation-

Juliette! Oh!

 

I’ll give you my soul


Juliette! Oh!

 

Please accept me


Juliette! Oh!

 

Sweetly, a little more sweeter


Whisper my serenade

 

In the middle of their singing, Jonghyun began to dance along to the chorus, holding a rag in one hand. Onew let out a laugh while singing. He already felt so much better. After Jonghyun’s long high note, Minho suddenly joined in and rapped, while Taemin and Key danced.

The night ended so well, Onew felt clearheaded, relaxed, and was ready for bed. Being the oldest hyung, Onew had his own room at the end of the hallway. He brushed his teeth with Taemin while dancing, washed his face, and crawled into bed. His body was so tired… He drifted off almost instantly…

Onew began to dream, this dream being very quiet and slow. He sat in front of a bed with Luna laying, wearing a cast. He was her long, black hair. Luna had just fell and broke her leg after their first performance of Nu ABO. She was upset that she had to relax for a few months, not being able to join her girls.

“I just don’t-“ Luna said between sobs, “-know why I can’t be there for our first debut…” she sniffed, “I’m such a failure, Onew, how can you look at me?!” Luna cried even harder after saying this. Onew was tearing up while hearing her so upset. He ruffled his brown hair in confusion, desperate to help. He then had to take a risk.

“Luna-shi, I’m here, it’s okay, I’m here.” His body got close to hers, learning forward. Onew was looking closely at Luna, wiping her tears away. He didn’t feel nervous or uncomfortable, he felt as though he were her protector. Luna looked into Onew’s eyes, staring. Her eyes looked tired from crying, but beautiful. She looked so stunning, yet so broken. Onew did not know how to stop this sadness.

“Luna-shi, you’re the furthest thing from a failure, you are perfection,” Onew leaned even more toward her, centimeters away. He hesitated, unsure of how she would react. “Is it…?”

Luna’s eyes were fixated on his lips, “It’s okay.” Luna slowly placed her hand behind Onew’s ear. Their lips touched softly for a few moments, he then turned his head after a while, making the kiss more passionate. Onew’s heart was racing; his face felt hot and his palms began to sweat. This was, truly, his first kiss. Onew could feel his tears against Luna’s, her face was hot as well. He began to feel dizzy from the heat…

 

 

 

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Wake up! You’re sweating furiously!”

“Yah! What’s going on? What’s wrong?” Onew frantically jumped up to see Minho with a rag and glass of water.

“You sounded as though you were sobbing, and when we came to wake you, you were sweating and tears were running down your face. Here, have some water, hyung.”

Onew’s face felt puffy and tired. “What time is it?”

“Four a.m. You were so loud you woke us up, I’m glad you’re okay, hyung.” Onew was happy how caring Minho was.

Jonghyun, in his blue PJ pants, came in with some pain medicine. Soon Key and Taemin joined him, with a small container of food. They had matching purple pants on.

“Hyung, we heated some of your left-over chicken, please feel better,” Taemin sounded so upset like he was about to cry. He hated when others cried, it made him just as upset.

Onew felt loved while he ate some chicken and took some pain medicine. He told the others his dream consisted of his family being harmed; they nodded and understood.

About a half hour later, Onew washed and put away the container. He was so surprised about how upsetting his dream was, when before bed he was having so much fun. He talked to Key about it before bed.

“Well, it’s your subconscious mind, so you probably just had something upsetting in the back of our mind. Please feel better, hyung, you really scared us.” Onew hugged Key after being told this. He then hugged the others and went back to bed peacefully.


Wow, I REALLY need to go to bed, I hope you guys like this story, is it becoming more interesting now? (: