Night Star!

Remember, That I Love You so Much

The morning came already, Luna being up bright and early. Manager oppa was making them breakfast as the girls were told to pack a bit before the festival. Some workers as well as a camera crew filmed certain things such as what they will be packing and why, what their outfit is for the festival, and how they felt. Amber was very excited, perking Luna up.

“Well, I’m packing lots of hats,” Amber told one of the cameramen, shyly directing the shot at her with her backpack. She had another suitcase, small and halfway loaded. “I also am packing my ipod, my drawing pad, and a cellphone charger. Don’t forget that!” She playfully put her index finger up, waving it to the camera. Luna laughed, a camera directing towards her. She was barely packed, but had a large pink tote bag with her that read PINK.

“This holds my phone, ipod, neck pillow, and a notebook. I like to write down ideas when I’m in a plane. Oh, and I also carry my bible, this is very important to me.” She smiled, picking the bible out of the bag. She looked bright and proud, but truly; she had not read it in a while. She felt guilty constantly now, unable to read it. The cameras continued to film the girls rushing to get around and ready. Manager oppa announced from the kitchen that he each packed some breakfast for them, and that they could pack when they got back. It was going to be late, however, so most of their packing must be done. F(x) walked towards the kitchen, excited by the cute lunch packages for them; they each were a different color, looking very similar to some sort of bento box. Manager oppa was packing them in a large bag, handing it to one of SM’s workers.

“You also will be dressed and put together by some other workers at the festival, so don’t worry about how you look right now. Just appropriate for the short ride in the van.” He marched out of their dorm, allowing the girls to follow. Three cameramen followed as well, filming their small chats and waiting. They were all smiling to the cameras, a bright, clear day out. The air was cold and dry, but had a beautiful blue sky, showing the sun, which melted some of the snow.

The building that held the festival was large, and had beautiful glass walls to show the outside. It was a performance hall that had a giant stage with lots of empty space for fans to walk around and view. The girls were directed to see the hall, in awe. Some workers were setting up tables and clean the sidelines that held plenty of room for people to sit.

“Wow, look how many people will see us!”

“Everything looks so new!”

“Wow, I’m nervous now!”

The girls huddled together behind a door, looking out to the beautiful stage. Some other performers were going to be playing as well from different companies, such as CN Blue, Brown Eyes Girls, Big Bang, and some indie artists. Some of the announcers, however, were SNSD’s Taeyeon and Yoona along with Super Junior’s Leetuhk and Shindong.

“Ladies, you will be practicing for sound check in twenty minutes. The festival starts in a few hours, so don’t feel rushed,” a worker directed them to a backstage room, cameramen following along. Their manager was talking to the main woman leading this festival.

“This festival is actually for charity,” Victoria told the cameras, “and we are very thankful to be a part of it.”

 

Manager hyung knocked on Onew’s door, alarming him. Onew slid up, eyes half open. His head felt horrible form last night.

“Onew-ah, am I able to come in?”

“Y-yeah.” He stood straight up, fixing his hair. Manager hyung stepped in calmly, holding his cellphone in one hand.

“I just got an unexpected call from Night Star, and they want you to help MC again. Shin Dong Yup said himself he missed your funny personality.”

Onew smiled a bit, and agreed. “What time should you bring me there?”

“I said around nine ‘o clock tonight. They want to specifically arrange some form of volunteer work with the local festival going on.”

Onew nodded without thought. “How nice. I’ll get myself ready soon.”

Manager hyung nodded and closed his door again. Onew sat down, yawning. It was around ten o’ clock in the morning, and he felt exhausted. The others were practicing and working on some scheduled events as well.

 

F(x) was practicing sound check, being videotapes by the cameramen sitting from the sidelines, stage, and main floor. They practiced Danger as well as Mr. Boogie. The girls marked their dance movements and focused on the actual microphones: whose was working, whose was too quiet, etc. It was a boring practice, but the girls did their best with sounding great. After they finished practicing, some groups of watchers clapped politely as they bowed and walked off.

 

“Onew-ah, I’m letting you leave a couple hours early to meet up with the Night Star set, are you ready?”

“Yes, I’m ready manager hyung.” Onew stepped out of his room and was dressed in some casual clothes. He had some tight jeans, a faded light blue color, and a graphic T-shirt on. His hair was barely made, assuming some workers would help. He never knew how to do his hair, really. The van had a cameraman in it, waiting for Onew to arrive. He was heading to a spot in the city where the Night Star bus was parked.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Onew greeted the cameraman awkwardly. He was silent, looking out the window as they arrived to the main bus.

“Are you excited?” The cameraman said out of the blue.

“Yes, I haven’t been an MC for Night Star in a while,” Onew looked to the camera and smiled softly, “I hope they remember me.” He laughed a bit, and looked back out the window. It was getting dark, around five pm already. He saw the van was parked outside of a large concert hall kind of building with many people crowded outside, waiting to go inside. Onew let the cameraman out first and stepped out, trying to avoid anyone spotting him.

“Onew!” Fans were screaming when he saw them. People were snapping pictures with their phones. He quickly stepped towards Night Star’s van and bowed to them before heading in.

“Onew! Onew is here!” the three men called out, all bowing and shaking hands. Cameras were not on yet, but were going to film soon. Onew greeted them kindly and sat with them. “How are you, Onew?”

“I’m good, thank you,” he gave a polite smile, getting comfortable. They discussed what they were going to do and got everything ready for the cameras were rolling.

 

Luna and the girls were walking around at a floor above the giant hall, two cameras filming them. They were talking about the view, laughing and enjoying their time. It was only five minutes before show time, and the girls noticed everyone being let in. There was a small amount of people compared to the mass volume of the room, probably cost a lot since it’s a charity? Luna smiled at all the people grouping towards tables for food. She noticed a group of men just now arriving with silly chef hats, walking towards a large table that had premade food. Her eyes flickered when she noticed one of the men had one of Onew’s shirts on, but then he turned around.

“Onew,” she breathed out, so quiet the other girls couldn’t hear. She laughed silently in her head from his silly hat, but kept a grin on her face. She wondered if he knew that she was here… her heart was fluttering, as if she just saw him for the first time. She was actually ecstatic to see him while he had no idea she was watching him. It was fun. Onew and what she guessed was an MC job started to work with the food, laughing and having fun talking to the other men. Onew worked with the food for a while, making some sushi rolls. He had a smirk on his face, and suddenly, one of the men pointed towards them; the girls were oblivious as they continued to talk, except for Luna. Onew perked his head up, looking straight at Luna. He was blank faced at first, but then began to look lively, a little smile on his face. Luna stared back, making the men laugh and wave. Luna waved back, giving a peace sign.

“Luna-shi, come on, we need to go now,” Victoria pulled Luna’s arm, making her whimper softly. She didn’t want to perform yet, but sighed.

 

Onew, on camera, had the biggest shock out of all of the men, gasping when he saw Luna.

“Annyeonghaseyo!” Gil, one of the MC’s was waving at Luna as she watched back, smiling. She waved a bit, but gave out a peace sign. Before Onew could give her a peace sign back, she was pulled away, making the men chuckle.

“Well I guess she’s not allowed to be up there?” One of the MC’s said.

“No, I think they’re going to perform.” Onew looked at the men, anticipating their excitement. The men nodded and cheered, finishing up the food. Each of them slipped off their hats and gloves and wore some fake bow ties, handing out sushi rolls now. They were around five thousand won a piece, but Onew made the sushi rolls popular, people gravitating and taking them politely. Onew had to stuff his back pocket with the money, hoping no one would notice. He suddenly heard some people talking on the stage, some familiar voices.

“Welcooooome!” Leetuhk was yelling to the audience, making them cheer. Taeyeon stood next to him, clapping softly.

“Are you all ready? Thank you so much for coming tonight!” Taeyeon was looking at the crowd, bowing. Leetuhk was bowing as well.

“You should all know this charity event is already making a huge success simply by the amount of you here, we have over ten charities being paid for tonight. So eat and pay for lots of food!”

“Yes! There is also merchandise to show you’ve been here! You may even have some idols sign it!” Taeyeon made the crowd yell in joy. “We’d like to introduce our first performance,” Leetuhk and Taeyeon said in unison, “F(x)!”

The crowed yelled as the girls began to walk toward the middle of the stage, happy and waving. They made they placements as the music began to start. Onew stood still, watching.

“Wow,” he told the cameras, smiling. He looked back out to the girls, watching their movements. He noticed Luna had some tall heels on, which were probably hurting. She had on some black leather shorts with a long sleeved pink and blue leopard print shirt. She looked so cute with her hair bun bobbing up and down while she danced. He tried to focus, continuing to walk around and sell sushi rolls, but watched Luna at the same time. He gave her such a dorky smile, allowing the cameras to see it. He didn’t care, he was so excited to see her unexpectedly. The sushi rolls were all gone as he walked to get more, f(x) starting another song up.

 

Mr. Boogie, if I want to, I can have you


Baby listen, ah, ah, ah, ah

 

Mr. Boogie

 

Onew perked his head up, startled by Luna’s little adlib they used. He stepped around more, listening carefully to them perform.

 

Mr. Boogie, your dance, your body


Mr. Boogie, you the lights

 

Everywhere around you, it's hot

This is the right feeling


You're cool, Yeah you


This is the right feeling


This is the right, right feeling

 

You…

 

Onew cheered as the song finished, but wanted to hear more. He liked watching Luna perform; she did so well. He didn’t even feel nervous for her. They thanked the audience before bowing, holding hands, and marched off. Onew watched Luna trot away, wondering if he would be able to see her. But he couldn’t. He knew he couldn’t, since he had to continue with Night Star. Yoona and Shindong appeared on the stage, encouraging fans to wait for the next performance. Onew walked back to the staff’s table, joining in with the other men. He desperately wanted to see Luna again, hoping they would stop by and chat for the show.

“Okay, well we’re almost done with our food selling, we will be cleaning up after the festival ends, which of course, will be late,” the MC’s laughed and nodded. “How are you feeling, Onew? Good?”

“I feel proud to help out, that’s all,” Onew gave a cheesy smile, making Gil poke at his cheeks, mocking him.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” He heard some girls calling towards them. The men were startled and turned their heads over. Onew smiled.

“F(x)!” One of the MC’s called out, extending an arm to show them off.

F(x) bowed in unison, waving at the camera, “Hello, we are f(x)!” They all called out. Onew laughed while he clapped for them, Luna looking back at him.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” The men bowed back at them, greeting them warmly. They had plenty of room for the girls to sit with them and talk, considering how large the grand hall was.

“So, f(x), what does it feel like to perform here?” Gil asked, leaning towards them playfully. The girls laughed and looked at each other, saying it felt good. There was an awkward silence between them, all of them laughing again.

“Onew-ah, you should say something. They’re from the same company as you.”

“Oh- uh…” He smiled at them, silent for a while. “Thank you for performing.” He bowed as the men laughed. The cameras directed at the girls, awkwardly laughing and looking at each other.

“Are you girls close to Onew?” One of the MC’s asked, using his hands to look professional as he spoke.

“Um, yes. We are.” Luna smiled at the MC, her arms crossed behind her back.

“We are all close to SHINee in general,” Amber said, nodding.

“Do you often visit each other a lot?”

“Um, yes, we visit each other and hang out every now and then. Mostly after performances.”

The men nodded, and continued with some interesting questions about the festival, as well as their recent songs and videos. It was nice to just sit and relax for a while before the next performance went on.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the girls called out, bowing before they had to return to their backstage room. Onew waved at them after bowing, watching each step down the grand hall and head out into a smaller door. He sighed quietly, and quickly turned his head over to the older men.

“We still have a lot of work to do,” Gil said, “Aigoo. Let’s all get to it!”

 

Luna sat to herself, a smile on her face. The girls were all exhausted from performing so late. It was already around eleven pm. She stretched her arms out, yawning. She wondered when they were going to head home?

“Are we staying until the end?” Luna asked Victoria, who was sitting next to her on the couch on her ipod. Victoria pulled out her ear buds.

“Ask manager oppa, I don’t know,” she stuck them back in her ears, getting more comfortable.

She stood up to head to the bathroom, bored of sitting around. She trotted over to the public bathroom, no thought in mind. She glanced over to the mirrors in the women’s bathroom, fixing some of her blonde hair into place, and stepped into a stall. She sat quietly, getting comfy. The seat was cold, making her uncomfortable.

The lights flickered for a split second, grabbing Luna’s attention. She looked to her feet, wondering why such a nice building has problems with their lights.

“Aigoo,” she said quietly, sighing.

Luna wasn’t thinking of much, staring at her feet, when a dark figure startled her, a dark shadow of a man’s feet and legs appearing underneath her stall. A small squeak let out of , her feet jumping up. She could see it through the large opening below the stall door. Luna’s heart began to race, silent. It gave off such a silence that allowed the faint sound of the bathroom’s light bulbs flickering on and off to be clearly heard. Luna covered , keeping still. She just wanted it to go away.

“Please, please leave me alone, please God please help me,” she thought in her head. Her forehead gave off a heat that gave her a slight headache, making her close her eyes shut tightly.

“Go away!” She yelled in her hand, her body still.

In an instant, she opened them, and the figure was gone; lights normal again. Luna’s heart, however, was still weak and beating fast. She let out another sigh, a bit of relief in her tight chest. When she left the stall, her eyes darted everywhere. The window was closed, the lights were not flickering, and there was silence. Plain silence. It freaked her out. She rushed to wash her hands and ran out of the bathroom, completely spooked.

“Luna? You okay?” Amber was about to walk out of the room to look for her, but Luna pulled her back in the room.

“When are we going home?” She had a high tone, a bit of an innocent voice. Luna was afraid, but knew how to control her emotions enough not to cry. She felt watched, a familiar feeling. Amber was quiet, rubbing her back. She knew when to not ask questions, and just comfort her. The girls sat together and chatted for some time, nothing interesting. Luna was resting her head on Amber’s shoulder now, beginning to fall asleep. Her body was so exhausted from the short terror she just faced. Closing her eyes, she fell into a light sleep.

“Annyeonghaseyo, f(x)!” The girls spun their bodies to face Taeyeon and Yoona, waving. Waving back, they gravitated towards the two, wondering why they’re not on stage still. Luna sleepily rubbed her eyes with her knuckles and followed the others, grouping together.

“You guys do know we’re finished now, right?” Yoona looked at the girls, raising an eyebrow. Had time passed that quickly? “We were asking if your cameras could video tape some of the nice people cleaning, as a nice ending to the festival.” They nodded, agreeing. The cameras followed the girls through each hall into the grand hall again, where only a few people stood, a big mess all around. There were food scraps, plates, plastic cups, and some chopsticks lying around. Luna spotted Onew, being recorded as he cleaned quickly. He flipped his head up while sweeping, giving Luna a cute grin. It was kind of like a come here kind of grin, his cute eye smile showing. The girls walked around, Luna gravitating towards Onew, directing the cameras to film people cleaning, guests praising the performances as well as how they felt about the festival overall.

“Yah, it’s so late, what time is it?” Sulli asked everyone. The cameraman informed the girls it was already around 1:30 am. Onew was finishing up the show, walking over to the other men. They agreed upon finishing the show in the van, saying their goodbyes. It was such a long night, and SM was heading to the airport tomorrow.

“Now, Onew, let’s all say our goodbyes to the cameras,” Gil announced, looking towards him as they sat in the van. Onew nodded, saying bye politely and thanking them for their time. At that note, they all said their goodbyes together, and the cameras all stopped recording. Onew shuffled himself up, hugging and thanking each MC as well as bowing to the staff. Manager hyung arrived in the bus, opening the door slightly, informing him to follow him to the van now.

“Luna!” Onew called out, seeing her walk towards her own van with the other girls. She spun around, her hair was let down now, wild and at her shoulders. Poor Luna, she looked so tired. “Luna-shi,” Onew cooed. He jogged over to her and began to her hair slightly, not being too obvious. She was blushing, holding onto his hand that was now placed on her cheek.

“Oppa, not here,” Luna whispered while smiling, looking down. There were finally no more cameras, and he wanted to just see her.

Onew leaned into her ear, whispering, “Please sneak in my hotel room when we’re in Japan, Luna-shi? Please?” Luna covered and smiled to herself, refusing to give eye contact. She turned around, running back to her van while she looked back and smiled. Was that a yes?

Onew sluggishly made himself comfy in the van’s seat, listening to the radio. Miss A’s Help Me was playing.

 

Hurry up and realize that you make my heart beat faster


Hold my hands

 

Smile while hugging me


Hurry up and realize that I’m just looking at you


Hold my hands

 

Take all of my heart

 

Oh baby~

 

Onew was closing his eyes from mere exhaustion. He had everything packed, and was ready for sleep already. He just sat to himself, still pondering about his situation with Luna. What if she did end up pregnant? What would she do? Her career would be completely ruined… Onew vowed that no matter what, he would support Luna.

He then realized, however, that he still had not brought this up with her. He was just too afraid to bring it up, unable to speak of it. All of this made him so unbelievably tired, the radio now playing a more calming song. His eyelids slowly lowered, beginning falling asleep. He drifted off into a dream, his arm placed on the side of the car’s window, his head fit comfortably on it.