Promise?

Remember, That I Love You so Much

“Luna! Time to get up, Unnie! We’re going to Japan!” Her tired body was woken by three jumping girls on her floor; shaking the bunk bed. Her eyes closed shut, grumbling.

“Yah, what time is it?”

“It’s early, around seven, but get up!” Sulli was shaking her, forcing her body to scoop up and crawl out of bed. Luna went into the bathroom to take a shower and get ready, ignoring the girl’s excitement. She was much too sleepy to care. Her back hurt, and her head was pounding from a migraine.

She stepped into the shower with her hair a mess from her performance last night. She slipped off her clothes, rubbing her fingertips onto her soft skin, trying to relax the muscles. All of this work was so hard on her body lately. She turned the shower’s water on and stepped in, washing her body first.

“Unnie! Hurry up!”

It was a muffled noise, but Luna heard Krystal yelling outside of the door. She tried to ignore it.

“I picked out some clothes for you, Luna-shi!”

Luna was frustrated by their sudden nagging. Victoria umma was probably anxious for Tokyo. Luna huffed as she was washing her hair, trying to rub into her scalp to help the migraine. Her shower was pretty relaxing until they ruined it. She rushed to finish, and finally headed out of the shower to change. She blew dry her hair, slapped on some make up, curled the ends of her hair, and dressed comfy but cute. Her hair was very soft from the shower, which she enjoyed; it was nice and straight from her roots down to the ends, making it look longer than usual. Each curl was soft, more like a wave, feathering down to her shoulders. Luna was done, and felt a bit better… Krystal was carrying her bags into the main room, making loud shuffling noises. Victoria handed Luna a protein bar, telling her to at least eat something before heading out.

And then the girls were off to the airport. The van ride was quiet, some sleeping and some chatting. Luna looked out the window, not sleepy anymore from her shower. She sighed, looking down at her hands, one holding that snack Victoria umma gave her. She forgot about that protein bar, and slit some of the plastic wrapper away, taking a bite. She was pretty hungry, but knew the airplane would have some food. Hopefully, at least. Luna looked at Sulli and Krystal as they slept, all snuggled up together. It made her laugh, spitting out some of her food. Amber was alarmed, it flying everywhere. “Yah! Luna!” Amber squished herself up and laughed, Luna just hid her face and was laughing hard. Victoria scolded her, telling her she’d choke on her food. The two laughed, which gave Luna a quick jolt of excitement, feeling great already.

 

SHINee’s van, however, was more calm and quiet. “Hyung, are you excited?” Minho asked Onew, who was sitting in the back with Taemin. Jonghyun and Key sat in the middle of the van while Minho was up front, next to manager hyung driving. Onew nodded, a wide grin on his face. He thought of being away for a while, and how nice it will be to see all of their Japanese fans. He loved Tokyo: the look of the city at night, the rush of people, and the buildings. Jonghyun was the most excited out of them all, planning on buying his future puppy in Japan.

The radio was playing, all of the boys relaxing. Taemin was fast asleep, his head on Onew’s shoulder. It was still cold out, so Onew had one arm around him, trying to warm Taemin. He kept thinking of what his plan was once he got in Japan.

He wanted to get a ring for Luna, a beautiful couple ring that they could both wear. This popped up in his head all morning, fantasizing about a beautiful silver ring they could both wear. If his Luna-shi was going to carry his baby, then he would make a promise with her. It was kind of like a sudden idea, making him excited. He was going to make this situation as positive as possible, if it happened. He didn’t really have a thought in the back of his head of it not happening. Taemin was twitching a bit in his sleep, his lips slightly opened. His hair was wild and all over Onew’s shoulder. Taemin looked so peaceful, sniffing every now and then.

“Aigoo, our maknae is so cute,” Onew cooed to the boys. Key laughed and jumped up to see his sleeping, poking Taemin’s cheeks. He had bit of a reaction, tightening his eyes closer together.

“Yah, Kibum, let him sleep,” Onew whisper-yelled, holding a hand in front of Key’s. Key rolled his eyes, the princess he was, and slumped back down to his seat.

“I’m just bored, let me have some fun,” Key snapped, huffing. “Since when are you in dad mode anyway?”

The airport was extremely busy, many people held back by security to allow the SM idols to head into the waiting room. Onew and rest of SHINee walked in, following their manager hyung, security, and other workers. They were surrounded; screaming fans taking pictures and calling out their name. Onew had some sunglasses on with a hat, but peeked his eyes up towards the waiting room. Some groups were already waiting, sitting and waiting for their soon to be flight. Luna was sitting next to Krystal, looking poised and professional. A small smile on her face, her hair was made nicely, curled at the ends and brought over one shoulder. She looked absolutely beautiful, as usual. She wasn’t wearing sunglasses, looking a little tired from her eyes, but looked happy.

“Boys, you will be sitting over there, our flight is in ten minutes, we were a bit late compared to the others, but that’s okay. Hold onto your bags in case the plane arrives sooner than what we were told.” Manager hyung was pointing at a section of seats a bit away from the female idols, and more towards the male groups. Super Junior and TVXQ were sitting together, chatting and taking some pictures. They noticed the SHINee boys trailing towards them, and stood to greet them kindly. It was a boring wait, not being allowed to wander and get food yet, but the idols were all very polite to each other.

Key was sipping on a water bottle, listening to his music. Jonghyun was chatting with some of the guys, talking about his plan to buy a puppy in Japan. Taemin and Minho were huddled together, trying to sleep. Onew’s eyes were locked on Luna, as she was writing in a journal. He looked away every now and then, not trying to look creepy or anything. He just wanted to look at her, that’s all.

Her pen was rapidly scribbling, deep thought shown from her expression. She sighed a few times while writing, a relaxed sigh. Onew looked into his own bag. He had a journal as well, but it was rarely written in. He looked in the last message he wrote, flipping into the fourth page. The journal was in good condition, each piece very stiff and clean. Onew had very neat handwriting, always using a precise type of pen he loved. A pure black ballpoint pen, silver and with a strong holder to hang into the journal. The pen was wrapped into the journal’s spine by a piece of thin ribbon, clean and organized.

 

Call me, my name


Today is exactly your day


I’ll do anything for you


I want to give you a small gift


That only I can give to you


I’ll run to you now and confess

 

Onew smiled at his own writing he made… such a while ago. It was eventually made into one of their older songs, Your Name. He remembered writing it, inspired by a movie he saw. He wasn’t even in love, but he knew how to express love. He knew how people looked at another if they loved them, how their body language changed, how they overall mood changed. He looked over at Luna, who was writing again. She turned her head up slightly, her hair falling down to her back. She cutely blinked her eyes for a split second, startled by his stare. She smiled warmly, lifting her journal up to his view. Onew smiled back, lifting his own in agreement.

 

 

Each group was lead into the plane, carefully taking their bags for luggage, showing their passports, and heading into the plane’s seat section.

Luna was crawling through the plain’s main lane between the seats, looking around. Everyone was picking where they wanted to sit, and not by groups. She didn’t want to seem obvious by sitting by Onew oppa, so she wanted to sit next to one of her band mates. She walked over to Sulli, about to sit down next to her.

“I’m sitting by Sunny. Sorry.”

She sighed, and walked over to Krystal’s empty seat.

“Unnie, I’m sitting by Jessica. Sit by Victoria.”

She rolled her eyes, stompting to Victoria. She had to be able to sit by her.

“Luna, I’m sitting by Sooyoung.”

She turned her body to the opposite section of chairs, simply looking at Amber.

“Unnie?” Luna pouted her lip.

“I’m sitting by Key, sorry, Luna.”

She huffed, frustrated. She looked over towards the edge, seeing Onew sitting by Taemin. Great, now what?

“Luna-shi,” Minho called out. He was sitting alone, smiling to himself. Guh, daebak.

“Yeah, oppa?” She held onto one arm gently, feeling uncomfortable. She didn’t want to sit next to Minho oppa whatsoever.

“Taemin is sitting by me, Onew is sitting alone.” That startled Luna a bit, feeling embarrassed by the misjudgment.

She smiled, relieved. “Okay,” she said, bowing as a thank you. Her steps were slow at first, trying to not look too giddy. She felt a tug at her arm, Minho pulling her back down, near his face.

“Please don’t kiss my Taemin again,” he whispered, smiling a bit. It wasn’t a mean demand; it sounded more like a playful concern. Since when did Taemin tell him that? Letting go of the thought, she nodded, a smile on her face. He smiled warmly back, thanking her softly. She allowed Taemin to walk past her, them grabbing hands for a moment, two friends excited for this trip to finally be here.

She shuffled over to Onew’s now empty seat and plopped next to him. He wasn’t paying attention now, scribbling into his fancy journal. She smiled, watching him, why was he so oblivious? It was too cute: Onew oppa being so serious, scribbling out some words and writing out some new ideas neatly onto his page. Luna gently pressed her fingertips towards the end of the journal’s page, lowering it down to his lap. Onew jumped up, wide eyed.

“L-una-shi!” His mouth slightly open from shock, making her laugh. He looked embarrassed, closing his journal gently and putting it away. “You scared me,” he breathed, but quickly gave a smile to her, nuzzling his nose into the nape of her neck instantly. They both giggled together, Onew tickling her neck with his nose and lips. He pressed his lips against her skin, and pulled back, his eyes looking into her. She smiled again, but felt flushed in the face now. Was he trying to make her face red from embarrassment?

“Oppaa,” she rested her head on his shoulder, him responding by taking one of her hands and resting it on his own cheek.

“Promise?” He moved in closer, a confident smirk. His lips were curved, showing off how plump they were.

Luna fluttered her eyes, their faces so close. The gentle touch of his face was making her face turn even redder, hoping to God that no one was watching.

“Wh-what?”

“What I asked for once we’re in Japan? Hotel?” Brown strands of his hair were beginning to fall gently over his eyes, Luna pulling them back to see his gaze.

“Oppa… I-I don’t know…”

Onew pulled her closer, ignoring the arm divider between them. She was as light as a feather in his arms, gently pulling her more towards him. “Nobody’s watching, Luna-shi. Don’t be embarrassed.” His statements were like breaths, so quiet. He had that husky voice again.

“How am I going to be able to sneak out so late? Wh-what if your roommate-”

“I promise nobody will find out. Plus, I’m the leader, so I get my own room.”

“O-okay…” He was being so persuasive, making her body melt into the seats practically. Why was he being like this in front of everyone? She snapped back into reality, pulling her head back as the flight attendant made some announcements over the speakers. They both sighed, sitting up straight again. Onew must have been right, since no one was giving them any funny looks or stares. Luna suddenly felt Onew’s finger tickling her chin, slowly reaching up to her lips. Her arms are tingling from excitement, embarrassed but enjoying every touch. She brushed him off playfully.

“Please just let me see you.” He whispered softly, before getting comfortable to sleep. She was quiet, looking down. She wasn’t even sure if she could.

“I don’t know,” is all she could say.

Time flew by as they both fell asleep from the soft sounds of the planes and light chatting around them. Most of the idols were asleep as well, some exhausted from the festival the night before and some just tired from lack of sleep.

 

 

“We are now a half hour from landing,” the plane’s captain stated over the loud speakers, waking most of the sleepers up. Luna slowly opened her eyes to find Onew’s head placed on top of hers as her head was on his shoulders. He was still asleep, a limp hand resting in her lap. She smirked, closing her eyes. Finally, she was going to be away from it all: away from the drama, away from the danger, just away from everything bad. She was sick and tired of being afraid; being watched. She prayed quietly that no matter what happens in Japan, she would take it in a positive way.

No matter what happens.

She was in love, completely in love that it was making her senseless. It made her crazy, practically. She wondered if Onew felt even a part of the same. She didn’t feel worthy of him, but… she had some hope. Her confidence killed her on the inside, ruining her good mood. “Positive, positive,” she thought in her head, closing her eyes shut, “don’t ruin your own trip from your stupid thoughts.”

Onew’s body shifted, still asleep. She gently moved his head down to her lap, allowing her to sit up straight. She let out a sigh, thinking to herself.

Only ten minutes passed, Luna falling in and out of sleep while Onew was fast asleep for what seemed the entire plane ride. Maybe she was thinking too much to sleep?

“Yah, I’ll just clear my mind so I can rest my tired body,” she whispered to herself, closing her eyes softly. Onew shifted again, mumbling in his sleep softly. She tilted her head onto his, relaxing her muscles. That was all she had to, finally drifting off.

 

 

“Luna-shi, we’re finally in Japan,” Onew whispered to her, softly shaking her arm. Luna shook her head, shifting her body straight up again. Various people were getting off, some waiting and some rushing. Luna followed Onew to the end of the plane, walking into the Tokyo airport. The whole process was stressful, everyone rushing to get into some new vans, avoiding the large crowd outside of the airport. Security was even more strict in Japan, making Luna feel more comfortable. Luna and Onew eventually separated into their own groups, a long ride to the hotel.

“Wow, this hotel is so nice!” Amber was jumping up and down with Krystal, pointing at the paintings and the large walls. It was a beautiful, fancy hotel for the idols to gawk at. They were performing in a giant performance hall a city away, one of the most popular in Japan. Luna was following Sulli to their hotel room, which was room number 367. Krystal was sharing a room with Amber while Victoria had her own. They were all near each other, each idol group having their own “section” of rooms.

“Unnie, look at this room!” Sulli said after swishing the card through the reader, swiftly opening the door to reveal a beautiful, elegant room with two large beds. A couch, TV, bookshelf, and a large bathroom with a hot tub excited the two girls as they squealed in delight. They were so excited they latched onto each other, looking at the detail in the t of the walls, the brand new DVD player, the settings on the hot tub.

“Wow,” Luna breathed. She was astonished, placing her giant suitcase and purse right on the bed before plopping towards the pillows. “So soft!” She giggled; Sulli was playing with the fancy sink, and looking at all the free mini samples.

“We have a fridge!” Sulli hopped over towards the TV, revealing a mini black fridge, with tiny bottles of water. A sudden knock was on the door, making Luna jump up and run to answer it.

It was manager oppa, with a cellphone and clipboard. “Luna-shi and Sulli-shi, at around six ‘o clock we need to get you and the rest of the girls to the grand performance hall to get ready for the big performance. “Oh, and for lunch, call for room service, since SM is paying for three meals a day for you girls.” They both nodded, understanding as he closed the door gently to warn the other girls as well.

“I’m so hungry,” Luna exclaimed, holding onto her stomach. They didn’t get to eat on the plane like she thought, so hopefully they were going to have lunch now. She calculated the hours from when she ate that protein bar: she was in the car to leave to the airport at around seven am, and when they finally got onto the plane it was 8:30… the plane ride was three hours, so by now it must be noon. Her stomach growled a bit, making her pout at Sulli. Sulli giggled at Luna, slipping some comfy shoes on and taking her ponytail out.

“Unnie, let’s call room service then. There’s a nice menu on one of the counters by the bed,” Sulli crawled over and examined it, “Let’s get some kimchi, rice, soup, and a grilled fish?”

Luna’s stomach growled more from her description, “Let’s get anything,” she breathed out, still holding onto her stomach.

 

“Hyung! I wish I could have my own room,” Taemin called out to Onew, who was in the room right next to him. The walls were like their form of communication.

“Are you sure you wouldn’t rather be in a room with Minho?” Onew joked, knocking on the wall to insinuate, well, noises made at night.

“Yah, hyung, don’t make fun of him about that, you’ve done that exact thing,” Key snapped from the other wall. Onew huffed, rolling his eyes.

Onew’s room was moderately large, with one giant bed, a beautiful new DVD player, small aquarium with four different types of fish in it, giant bathtub, and a mini fridge. He slumped over to the bed, sitting on it stiffly. He kind of felt alone being in here, but he didn’t mind too much. As long as Luna could join him for the time being here. He sighed, pulling out his phone. That thought just made him want to see her.

MSG: Luna-shi, what is your room number?

LUNA MSG: 367 4th hall up from the lobby. You?

MSG: 520 5th hall up, so we are only a stairway away ^^

LUNA MSG: I’m excited for tonight <3

Onew looked at the text for a moment, wondering what she meant exactly like that. The performance? Seeing him? His heart rate increased when he thought of them being alone again, but it wasn’t a positive feeling. Not right now.

He was still going to mention the fact that they made a mistake that night a while ago. He was afraid to frighten her if she had not realized it… but… she needed to know. She needed to be aware of it. She needed to find out if she was even pregnant or not. He felt guilty, knowing it was his fault… “Yah!” he said to himself quietly.

“Hyung!” Taemin was knocking on his door, “Let’s to the café downstairs to eat something!”

Onew agreed and walked out with the rest of the SHINee boys. He was pretty hungry, and was hoping this fancy hotel would have a nice food selection. He just wanted some good chicken, honestly, but who has that at a café? He hadn’t had chicken in forever, so if he got the chance, he was going to get it.

 

“Unnie, I’m so full. That fish was so good,” Sulli was laying on her bed, rubbing her tiny stomach. Luna laughed softly, looking over to her while she sat on her own. They had fun wondering the hotel for a few hours, visiting each SM group for a while (except for SHINee, since the two girls couldn’t find them in their hallway), and just finished watching a movie together. It was almost time to get out of the rooms to head over to manager oppa for leaving. Her legs were tired from the festival but some stretching could help. Her back was still tired, so she used the wall to reach down, hearing a few pops in her spine as she bent backwards. Luna and Sulli relaxed for a while more, stretching and talking for a while before finally heading out.

“There are you two are. Okay, let’s head out to the performance hall now, follow oppa,” manager oppa seemed happy for the big performance, but nervous. Luna wondered what their outfits were going to be like for the big dance routine. She was told that SNSD was going to have some y orange body suits, some with short shorts and some with an open torso to reveal a tank top. She wondered if she was going to look pretty as well, or at least decent.

“Positive!” She screamed in her head.

The idols were heading into vans one by one, making sure security was holding back fans, preventing any harm that may be caused. Luna always felt nervous when she went outside to the SM vans; she never knew if anything was going to happen again.

As long as no one else got hurt, whatever happened, she would take it in a positive way, just like she promised herself.

Her body was suddenly tired again as she walked into the performance hall’s entrance. She didn’t understand why were body was so tired recently. She felt excited on stage, but afterwards, especially in the morning, she was exhausted: her muscles, bones; whole structure. Right now, Luna’s back was hurting her the most, as well as having the occasional headache. Luna took some pain medicine before she ate with Sulli, hoping it would help already, but it just didn’t. She wanted to see her Onew oppa, he always knew how to make the pain go away. Her mind suddenly was flooded of thoughts with Onew on the plane, being so warm and gentle with her. She ached for his touch right now: his glossy brown eyes, his shaggy brown hair, his musky smell; his thick and soft lips. Tonight was going to be a hard decision on whether she should sneak out or not…

She thought of how Onew always wanted to ‘talk to her about something.’ Him always mentioning that, Luna never bothered to ask what he was even going to talk to her about. What was it, anyway? Their relationship, or lack there of? Was he going to confess something? Something bad? Good? Maybe it was unimportant… but it bothered her more than anything right now.

Luna snapped back into reality, focusing on her performance tonight. She had to do everything perfect for something this big in SM.