Chapter 8

Destined For Each Other (HIATUS)

 

The girls met with Seohyun and Kyuhyun. They were of course surprised when they saw Seohyun with a guy. “Seohyun, who’s he?” Jessica asked. “Unnie, this is Kyuhyun-sshi.” Seohyun introduced Kyuhyun. “Annyeonghaseyo!” Kyuhyun greeted them and bowed. All of them bowed back and introduced themselves one by one. “Oh, you’re Kyuhyun. Thanks a lot for saving Hyunnie.” Jessica said to Kyuhyun and flashed a smile. “It’s my pleasure, Jessica-sshi.” Kyuhyun warmly responded back.

 

“Um, let’s go to the cashier now. I’ll pay everything.” Kyuhyun offered. “Ah, no need Kyuhyun-sshi.” Seohyun politely declined Kyuhyun’s offer. “I insist.” Kyuhyun said. Before Seohyun could say something, Kyuhyun already took away their shopping cart and basket to the cashier. He turned around and flashed a playful wink to Seohyun. Seohyun just shook her head and giggled. “He’s such a sweetheart, unnie.” IU said. “I wish I could meet a guy like that.” Jiyeon said. “You’re lucky, hyunnie.” Jessica said. Seohyun just blushed when she heard their comments.

 

------

 

“Kuma-o Siwon-sshi. I had a lot of fun today.” Yoona said and smiled. “I’m glad you had fun. So..goodbye.” Siwon hesitated to say goodbye actually. He wished that he could spend more time with Yoona. “Um, yeah. Goodbye.” Yoona said and waved. She felt a bit sad because they had to part away but she was happy that they could spent a lot of times together. Before Siwon went to his car, he stopped his steps and called Yoona. “Yoona-sshi, can I have your number?” Siwon asked. “Yeah sure.” Yoona responded back. She herself was surprised about how easy she gave out her number to a guy that she just knew for a couple of days. She never gave out her numbers to guys so easily. That was the first time. That was the first time Siwon asked a girl’s number. Yoona was the third girl in his contact list after his mom and sister’s numbers. They exchanged number and Siwon watched Yoona walked into the gate and then left.

 

-----

 

Yoona threw herself on the sofa and rested her head on Dara’s thigh. “How was your date?” Dara asked. “Date? It wasn’t a date, unnie.” Yoona said. “So, what was it?” Dara asked. “An outing, I guess?” Yoona said. “Whatever.” Dara said. “Is he your new crush?” Dara asked. “Sorta.” Yoona answered shortly. “If it’s just a crush, then you’re not being serious right? Just like how you treated your other crushes before. You said you like them and eventually you started to get bored.” Dara said and smirked. Yoona silenced herself thinking about what Dara just said. She wondered if it was true that she was just treating Siwon like her other crushes before. Like them for a while, give them hopes and let them down afterward. “Am I right yoong?” Dara repeated her question which made Yoona startled. Yoona gasped and sat up straight and slowly faced Dara. “I don’t know, unnie.” Yoona said. She was uncertain.

 

------

“We’re back!” Jiyeon’s cute voice filled up the house. “Oh, who is he?” Yoona asked when Kyuhyun entered their dorm. “Unnie, he’s Kyuhyun.” Seohyun said. “Annyeong!” Kyuhyun greeted and waved Yoona and Dara. “Kyuhyun? Sounds familiar.” Dara thought to herself. “Unnie, he’s the one who saved hyunnie, remember?” Yoona said to Dara. Finally, Dara remembered. Same as the others, she and Yoona thanked Kyuhyun for saving Seohyun. Kyuhyun went to the kitchen with Seohyun, IU and Jiyeon to help with the baking while the others chill out at the verandah. “Oppa, you look cute in that hello kitty apron.” Jiyeon said in aegyo. Seohyun and IU just giggled when they saw Kyuhyun wore it. He did look good by the way. “I always look cute in anything.” Kyuhyun teased and chuckled. The girls just giggled.

 

-----

“So, what did you guys do while we were away?” Jessica asked as she was reading a fashion magazine. “Yoona went for an outing with a guy named Siwon. I just stayed at home.” Dara said as she fed herself with Pringles. “Oh, Siwon.” Jessica said as she flipped to the next page. “You know him?” Dara asked. “Uh-huh. He was the one that we met at Starbucks. Hot right?” Jessica said. “Yeah. Totally hot!” Dara said. “But his friend was kinda creepy. He kept on staring at me and tryna flirt with me and Yoona.” Jessica said in disgust. Yoona just silenced herself since just now. She was thinking hard about what Dara just said.

----

 

Kyuhyun helped Seohyun to measure the amount of flour. Suddenly, Kyuhyun’s naughty side in him wanted to come out. He took a handful of flour with a naughty grin on his face and put it on Seohyun’s face. Seohyun was caught off-guard because she was busy reading the recipe. “Kyuhyun-sshi.” Seohyun pouted and put her hands on her hip and playfully glared at Kyuhyun. “Awww~ kiyopta!” Kyuhyun said and pinched Seohyun’s chubby cheeks. Seohyun wanted to get her revenge too so she poured whole flour on Kyuhyun. He looked like a snowman because he was too white. The girls just laughed at Kyuhyun. “The war has started!” Kyuhyun said and begin to splash flour on each them. Flour battle started among them.

 

----

 

“Why is it noisy in the kitchen?” Dara asked. “Yeah. Let’s check!” Jessica said and put down the magazine immediately to check what was happening in the kitchen. “O! M! G!” Jessica said in a surprise tone. The kitchen looked like earthquake just occurred. Everyone stopped playing and froze when Jessica entered. “We’re dead!” Jiyeon said to IU. “Totally.” IU replied. “What on earth just happened?!” Jessica asked in a high tone. She really hate to see messy things. “Mianhe, Jessica-sshi. It’s my fault. Don’t scold the girls. I’ll clean these things up.” Kyuhyun said apologetically. “Let me help you, Kyuhyun-sshi. It’s my fault too.” Seohyun said to Kyuhyun and she flashed a smile. Kyuhyun just nodded and smiled back. “It’s my fault too.” IU said. “Me too.” Jiyeon said. They helped Kyuhyun and Seohyun to clean up. “Aish!” Jessica said and walked out from the kitchen.

“Mianhe. You guys have to help me clean up.” Kyuhyun said. He really felt sorry for the girls. He started the flour battle first. “Aniyo. Kenchana yeo oppa!” Jiyeon said and flashed an assuring smile. “It’s nothing, cheomal yeo. The flour battle was fun actually.” IU said and giggled. “I guess our mission to make cupcakes fail huh?” Seohyun said and giggled. “EPIC FAIL!” Kyuhyun said and chuckled. The girls just laughed when Kyuhyun said EPIC FAIL.

 

“I have to go home now. Mianhe because I ruined your kitchen just now.” Kyuhyun said and bowed 90 degree. Jessica seemed to cool down a little. “You’re lucky cus you’re cute.” Jessica thought to herself while staring at Kyuhyun. “Hmm, forget it. Kenchana yeo.” Jessica said to Kyuhyun. “Then, goodnight girls.” Kyuhyun excused himself and waved goodbye to the girls.