Chapter 20

Destined For Each Other (HIATUS)

 

Chapter 20:

AT THE DORM.

Seohyun and Kyuhyun were practicing their duets for the class assignment. They both chose a song called Way Back Into Love as their duet song.

In order for the song to meet perfection, both of them were exchanging advices in order to improve each other’s techniques. They continued to practice their duet in a melodious harmony and they made it seemed like the song was really meant for them.

Jiyong, Taeyang, Sica and Dara were peeking Kyuhyun and Seohyun from behind the kitchen’s door to hear their duet.

“Daebak.” Jiyong whispered.

“ Their voices are no joke.”

“Really breath-taking, I’d say.” Taeyang added.

“Mmm.” Dara and Sica nodded in agreement with what Taeyang and Jiyong said. The quartets were really mesmerized by Seohyun and Kyuhyun.

Suddenly a weird smell began to penetrate into Jiyong’s nose.

“Is it my nose not functioning well or something is burning?” Jiyong asked.

“Yeah, it smells like a burnt smell.” Dara responded as she turned around to find the source of the smell.

“Omo!! Sica-yah!!!!! Our mushroom soup!!!” Dara hysterically shrieked and ran straight away to the stove and turn it off.

“Oh God! What are we gonna eat for lunch now?” Dara whined.

“Our mushroom soup now looks like some kind of witch spell potion.” Dara said.

“Unnie, I think a witch potion looks better than our black mushroom soup.” Sica said as she shook her head.

The boys just heaved out a sad sigh.

“Lord, what sin did I do yesterday that I have to starve for lunch today?” Jiyong said as he sighed.

“Guess someone has to join the long queue at the nearby fast-food restaurant to buy us lunch. No other option.” Sica suggested.

“I’m seriously not going.” Jiyong voiced out his refusal in advanced which he received a death glare from Sica.

“Not going? Tch.” Sica responded.

“Now who was the one who called us all to the door to watch the duet till we forgotten about the soup?” Sica inquired as she crossed her arms.

Dara pointed to Jiyong while Taeyang secretly pointed his index finger to Jiyong as he innocently looked away.

“Yah Taeyang-ah!!” Jiyong hit Taeyang’s finger when he spotted it pointing at him.

“I guess majority wins. Everyone, Jiyong will buy us lunch today. Yay! ” Sica smirked.

“Yay!” Jiyong sarcastically said and sent Jessica a death glare before he left for the restaurant.

Jiyong walked out from the kitchen wearing a frown on his face.

“Yah Jiyong-ah! Is everything alright in the kitchen?” Kyuhyun asked when he saw Jiyong came out.

“Disaster. Don’t even wanna talk about it.”

“Yah! Where are you going?”

Jiyong ignored Kyuhyun and went straight out.

Kyuhyun and Seohyun decided to go to the kitchen.

“Unnie! What did you do to Jiyong-sshi?” Seohyun asked.

“What? I didn’t do anything. Maybe he’s having a period now that’s why he’s moody.” Jessica nonchalantly replied.

“Have you guys finished cooking?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Here’s the soup.” Dara placed the pot containing the soup on the table.

“Holy cow!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as he was surprised to see the outcome.

“That soup definitely is not edible.” He added.

“What happen to the soup?” Seohyun asked.

“It burnt.” Sica casually replied.

“Yeah I know but how?” Seohyun asked.

“Let’s just skip this part Seohyun-ah.” Dara said.

“I’m too hungry to talk now.”

“Me neither.” Sica followed Dara to the living room.

“Unnie—“

“Tae—“ Kyuhyun called.

“Yes Dara-sshi? I’m coming!” Taeyang rushed out when the fact was, nobody was calling him.

“Today you can bully me but not next time. That witch never gives me a break.” Jiyong murmured on his way to the restaurant.

--------------

OUTSIDE THE CHURCH

“Since this is lunch time, why don’t we go for a lunch together Minjae-hyung?” Siwon’s dad offered.

“Yeah, it’s been a while since we go for a lunch together.” Siwon’s mom said to the Hwangs.

“I’d love to Shinwoo-ah but my mother is coming from Paris today. I need to pick her up.” Mr. Hwang declined.

“But Appa—“

“Fany!” Mr. Hwang pressed.

Fany couldn’t do anything to object her dad as she could read from her dad’s face that she couldn’t stay with Siwon.

“I guess it’s too bad that we can’t spend more time together hyung.” Siwon’s dad said.

“Next time Shinwoo-ah. But thanks for the offer.” Mr. Hwang said as he shook Siwon’s dad hands and entered the car.

“I wish I could stay longer with you, Oppa.” Fany sighed in disappointment and hugged Siwon in which as usual Siwon would respond to it awkwardly.

The Chois bid goodbye to the Hwangs.

“Uncle, Auntie I shall go now. Takecare everyone.” Donghae bid goodbye to the Choi.

“You’re not joining dude?” Siwon inquired.

“Nah, next time aight. See you around.” Donghae excused himself.

“Let’s just have a family lunch at our hotel then. It’s been a while since we gathered together.” Mr Choi said.

 “You can join us too Yoona-sshi.” Mrs Choi invited Yoona and smiled warmly.

“Is it really okay Mrs Choi? After all, I’m not a family or relative.” Yoona nervously replied.

“Aigoo~ You’re thinking too much young agasshi. It’s totally fine.” Mrs Choi warmly said to Yoona.

“Since you’re IU’s friend, just call me Omoni. It sounds friendlier.”

“Kamsahamnida Omoni.” Yoona said wearing her sweetest smile. She was glad that Siwon’s mom was welcoming her warmly.

“Alright, let’s go for lunch now.” Mr Choi said.

“Appa, can we switch to another restaurant? I’m tired of eating at the same place.” IU voiced out.

“Araso. Then pick the place you like. We’ll eat lunch there.” Mr Choi said.

“But I don’t have any suggestions. Yoona-unnie, do you have any suggestions?” IU said and smiled innocently.

“I suggest Royal Recipe. Is it okay?” Yoona suggested.

“Hmm I heard that place is one of the best in the world.” Mrs Choi said.

“Is it okay my princess?” Siwon asked as he pinched the chubby cheeks of IU.

“If Yoona-unnie is the one who suggested it, I’m always in.” IU said and linked her arm around Yoona’s arm.

“Royal Recipe it is.” Siwon said and smiled to IU before shifting his gaze to Yoona still wearing the smile.

All of them agreed to go to the Royal Recipe as Yoona suggested. Yoona and IU joined Siwon while Siwon’s parents were in another car.

“I’m glad to see you’re getting along with my mom.” Siwon glanced at Yoona and smiled.

“Me too. I’m glad she’s welcoming me warmly.” Yoona smiled.

“All my nervousness just went away when your mom gave me her warm smile.”

“Oppa, you should bring Yoona-unnie to our house next time. I’m sure Omma would like it.” IU suggested.

“Besides, Appa is always at work, I’m pretty sure Omma wouldn’t mind to have a company at home.”

“I think your suggestion make sense. That way, Omma would see why I love this girl so much.” Siwon said as he pinched Yoona’s cheeks.

“Since when did you become so cheesy oppa?” IU inquired.

“Since the very first day I met this pretty lady.” Siwon proceeded to hold Yoona’s hand.

IU just giggled when she saw Yoona’s rosy cheeks.

“I guess being in love is really fun.” IU thought and smiled when she saw the glow in Siwon’s and Yoona’s face.

-----------------------

“Jiyeon-ah! Can I remove this? ” Dongjun inquired.

“This is too much. I can’t ruin my image like this.”

“No, you can-not! Don’t worry, you look pretty .” Jiyeon snickered.

“Now, do it or be a chicken for not holding on to your words. Pick one.”

“Aish! This girl is really mean---“

“Yah!” Jiyeon shouted when she saw Dongjun was not listening to her.

“Araso! araso! I’ll do it. Geez!” Dongjun grumbled.

Dongjun and Jiyeon went to the football field where the school junior football team was practicing.

“Girls! We have a new cheerleader for today!” Jiyeon announced to the school’s cheerleader team.

Everyone was completely in shock when they saw Dongjun, the captain of the junior football team wore the cheerleader uniform. Jiyeon even put some blusher on his face plus a wig. Everyone including the football team couldn’t hold their laughter when they saw Dongjun in cheerleader uniform.

“Aish! What are you laughing at?!” Dongjun scolded his football teammates.

“Now, join us and cheer for your team Miss Dongjun.” Jiyeon teased.

Dongjun glared at her and lazily tailed behind her.

Dongjun tried to learn the cheerleader steps because his job for the day is to be a cheerleader.

Jiyeon continued to tease Dongjun because Dongjun looked so funny in the uniform.

“Yah Park Jiyeon! Don’t run!” Dongjun shouted while chasing her.

“Okay okay stop!” Jiyeon said as she was catching her breath and laughing at the same time.

Dongjun on the other hand was also laughing. His angry feelings for Jiyeon just poof! when he saw the laughing face of Jiyeon for the first time.

“Keep laughing.” Dongjun said.

“What?” Jiyeon was confused.

“I said, keep laughing. You look pretty when you’re laughing.” Dongjun said still wearing the smile.

“Don’t try to bribe me with your words Miss Dongjun.” Jiyeon snickered.

“Whatever.” Dongjun snickered and sat down on the grass.

Jiyeon went closer and sat next to Dongjun.

“Mianheyeo for doing that to you. And--” Jiyeon started.

“Gumawoyeo. I laughed a lot today.” Jiyeon lifted her head to her left and smiled. It was the first time she was being nice to Dongjun, the guy she once thought as her sworn enemy.

“I was a lil mad but I guess it’s part of experience. And thanks to you, I have something to laugh at in the future.” Dongjun chuckled.

“You’re officially forgiven Miss Dongjun.” Jiyeon snickered.

“Finally. So, we cool now?”

“Not until you can catch me. Pabo!” Jiyeon said to Dongjun and quickly ran away while laughing.

"You sure got some nerves, Park Jiyeon." Dongjun snickered.

“I’m gonna catch you for sure Park Jiyeon!” Dongjun shouted and chased after Jiyeon.

----------

Sorry for making you guys wait too long! I'm having major writer block so I hope you guys can understand me. :)) Hope this chapter is good enough to make your day! :)) HAPPY NEW YEAR!