Chapter 21

Destined For Each Other (HIATUS)

 

Chapter 21:

 

Jiyeon went online that night since it had been a while since she last went online.

“Oh, Jun is online!” Jiyeon was pretty excited when she saw her online friend, Jun was online.

“Jun, annyeong! (:” Jiyeon texted.

“Jiyeon, annyeong! (:” Jun texted back.

“Haven’t seen you online for ages. Where have you been? (:” Jun texted again.

“Been busy with the STEP exam preparations and stuffs. :/” Jiyeon replied.

“You’re a freshman too right? Not taking it?” Jiyeon added.

Dongjun eyes widened instantly when Jiyeon said she was taking that exam.

“What?! She’s taking that deadliest exam?!”

“Are you out of your mind?! Many first year students who took it committed a suicide when they failed it.” Jun texted.

“I know but it’s not in my original plan actually but my bestfriend is taking it so I don’t wanna let her do it by herself.” Jiyeon replied.

“I guess she’s talking about IU.” Dongjun guessed.

“You are taking that because of your bestfriend?” Jun texted.

“I thought the ‘You jump, I jump’ kind of friendship doesn’t exist anymore but that is just...wow.”

They kept on texting each other about the STEP thingy.

“Let’s skip the topic. What’s up with the “Pabo” guy that you always mentioned?”Jun shifted the topic.

“That Pabo and I are officially cool. Well, long story mister. Hehehe. (:” Jiyeon texted.

For some reasons, Jiyeon giggled when she recalled back yesterday’s incident with Dongjun.

“Shorten it? Can you? :P” Jun texted.

“I highly doubt it that I can finish telling you the story within 5 years even if I shorten it. Kekeke :P” Jiyeon texted.

Dongjun sniggered when he saw Jiyeon’s text. He gave up trying to make Jiyeon told him the story because he knew Jiyeon liked to give a lot of reasons to avoid the topic.

------------------------

“IU-ah, we’re having study group tomorrow at my place. Do you wanna join? Bring Jiyeon along too. (:” Gikwang texted.

IU smiled when she received a text from Gikwang.

“Gotta ask the unnies first.” She thought.

“Jiyeon-ah! Do you wanna join the study group at Gikwang-oppa’s place tomorrow?” IU asked her roommate.

“Sure. I need to ask him something about calculus anyway.” Jiyeon replied.

IU went to the living room to ask for her unnies’ permissions.

“Unnie, Can I go to Gikwang-oppa’s place for group study tomorrow?” IU asked.

“Sure, make sure yguys don’t come home late.” Dara responded.

“Make sure you guys study hard to ace the exam.” Sica said.

“Ne Dara and Sica-unnie.” IU said.

---------------------

Taeyang was listening to his iPod when Dongjun entered his room.

“Oh, Dongjun-ah. What do you need?” Taeyang asked when Dongjun’s figure stood in front of him.

“I think I wanna take the STEP exam.” Dongjun straightforwardly said.

“Mbwoh?!” Taeyang’s single-eyelids turned into double-eyelids instantly when he heard Dongjun said that.

“Are you sure you can do that exam?” Taeyang asked.

“Well, I’m not 100 percent positive about it but if hyung can help me with the Year 2 subjects, I’m sure I can pass it.”

“You know the chance of you passing the test is as thin as a piece of hair if you’re not working hard enough right?”

Dongjun replied with a nod. Dongjun was kinda intimidated by what his hyung said.

 “Why did you suddenly wanna take this exam?”

“Nothing important—”

“I—I just wanna challenge myself. You know I like to challenge myself right hyung?” Dongjun lied as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

Dongjun himself was not really sure about the reason why he decided to take it either. Was it mainly because of Jiyeon? Did he take it because he was afraid he wouldn’t get to see Jiyeon often if Jiyeon wasn’t in the same year as he was in if Jiyeon passed the STEP exam?

“Aish! It’s not because of that girl. Aniya! Aniya!” Dongjun’s ego tried to convince himself that he wasn’t taking it because of Jiyeon.

“Yah Dongjun-ah! Are you listening to what I’m saying right now?” Dongjun regained his thoughts when Taeyang pushed him lightly.

“Wha-aat did you say hyung? I wasn’t paying attention just now. Chaeseonghaeyo.” Dongjun apologised to the older male.

“I was asking, do you wanna join our group study at Gikwang-ie’s place tomorrow?” Taeyang repeated his question.

“Oh sure hyung. Why not?” Dongjun agreed.

-----------------

“Omma! Surprise!!” Siwon surprised his mom who was busy trying a new recipe at the kitchen. Mrs. Choi really loved to cook whenever she had a free time.

“Siwon-ah! My heart almost jumps out of my chest because of you!” Mrs. Choi playfully scolded her only son. Her eyes soon caught a beautiful figure beside Siwon.

“Omo! Isn’t this Yoona-sshi?” Mrs. Choi smiled delightfully in which Siwon responded with a nod and shy smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo Omoni!” Yoona gracefully greeted and bowed to the older woman.

“Aigooo~ It’s great to have you here Yoona-sshi but why are you two coming together? And where’s IU?” Mrs. Choi asked out of curiosity.

“Err I met Siwon-sshi on my way back to the library and he told me that you might need a company so I decided to tag along.” Yoona lied. She really felt guilty for lying but that was the only option she had at the moment.

“I was going to bring IU along but she said she has to work on her assignment.” Siwon played along.

“Oh I see. Anyways, Siwon made a good choice by bringing you here. I’m working on a new recipe today. Would you like to help me?” Mrs. Choi asked softly.

“Oh sure. I’d love to!” Yoona excitedly agreed.

“Siwon, if you’re not busy your help is needed too.” Mrs. Choi said and smiled.

“Oh sure omma! Let me put on my apron first mom.” Siwon said and grinned.

They started to work on the new recipe and Yoona gave Mrs. Choi some good suggestions on how to make the recipe even better. Mrs. Choi was even more impressed when she saw Yoona’s cooking skills. She seemed to know a lot about culinary.

“I’m surprised that a young agasshi like you have a great knowledge on culinary.” Mrs. Choi praised which made Yoona blushed.

“My father loves cooking so much and he taught me a lot about culinary.” Yoona said.

“Really? How I wish Siwon’s aboji loves cooking too. But all he loves is his work and work.” Mrs. Choi sighed.

“Omoni, I can be your partner in cooking. Don’t worry.” Yoona assured Mrs. Choi and smiled sincerely.

Siwon was just smiling all the way when he saw the two most important women in his life got along so well.

--------------------------

 Night time at Choi’s Residence.

Siwon was doing his assignment when someone knocked on his bedroom door.

“Come in!” Siwon shouted still focusing on his assignment.

“Are you busy Siwon-ah?”

Siwon turned around to face his mom who was now sitting on his bed.

“Aniyo Omma. What do you need?” Siwon warmly asked his mom on his way to his bed.

Mrs. Choi stared at her lovely son for a while before continuing.

“Yoona-sshi..” Mrs. Choi started.

“Mmm..what’s wrong with her mom?” Siwon nervously asked. He was afraid that his mom might suspected anything wrong with Yoona.

“She’s your girlfriend right?” Mrs. Choi asked straightforwardly.

Siwon’s eyes widened instantly when he heard that question.

“M—om..I—I don’t get what you’re saying.” Siwon stuttered while trying to avoid his mom’s gaze.

Mrs.Choi just chuckled when she saw Siwon’s reaction. She knew Siwon was lying from the way he answered her.

“I know she is your girlfriend.” Mrs. Choi smiled warmly to her son.

“Wha—at? How?”

“You can never lie to me Siwon.”

“She’s a really lovely young lady..”

“ Never knew my son has such a great taste in girls.” Mrs. Choi teased.

Siwon blushed when his mom about Yoona but he was glad that his mom was also fond of Yoona.

“Sorry for lying to you mom. And...I have a favour to ask you.” Siwon said.

“Favour? What kind of favour?”

“Err..Please don’t tell dad and the Hwangs about Yoona. Can you mom?”

Mrs.Choi already expected this from Siwon so she just smiled to her son.

“Don’t worry. My lips are sealed.”

Siwon hugged his mom and whispered, “Thank you so much mom. I love you.”

“I love you too, son.”

---------