Chapter 18

Destined For Each Other (HIATUS)

 Siwon called Yoona up that early morning.

“Yoong, I’ll pick you up at the dorm. We’ll go together kay?” Siwon said. Cheerfulness could be sensed in his voice.

“Great! I’d love to. I’ll be waiting.” Yoona said. She smiled when she heard Siwon’s voice.

“Okay, see you later babe. I love you!” Siwon said and gave a kiss in the end.

“I love you more!” Yoona said and gave a kiss.

---

Siwon was whistling happily while descending the stairs. He picked up his car keys and took one quick look at the mirror next to him. On his way to the main door, his steps stopped and his eyes widened when he saw the two figures in front of him. His mum and...TIFFANY!

“What the hell is she doing here at this time?!” Siwon thought when he saw Tiffany.

“Oh, there you are.” Siwon’s mum said as she saw Siwon.

“Morning Oppa!” Tiffany greeted with a smile.

“Ah, morning Fany.” Siwon greeted back and slightly shocked.

“Siwon-ah, Tiffany came here because she wanted to go to the university together with you.” Siwon’s mum said and smiled at Tiffany.

“Bwoh?!” Siwon muttered.

“But mum..” Siwon hesitated.

“Siwon!” His dad called in slightly high voice from the corner. Siwon looked to the direction of his dad. He could see that his dad wanted him to agree to go with Tiffany.

Siwon then turned to his mum. He could see his mum was hoping that he will obey his father. Siwon had no choice but to agree to his father as he was very scared of his father.

“Hmm, alright then. I’ll go with Fany.” Siwon forcefully agreed to his dad. His plan to go with Yoona was ruined by Tffany.

Tiffany smiled in satisfaction when Siwon agreed to go with her.

---

Siwon texted Yoona saying that he wasn’t able to go with her that morning. Yoona was of course disappointed but she just let it by.

“Who are you texting oppa?” Tiffany asked as she saw Siwon sighed after he sent the message.

“Oh. Nothing, just my bestfriend.” Siwon lied. Siwon didn’t want Fany to know that he got a girl. If Fany did, she will tell her dad and partnership between their families might be on the line.

“Once Fany is unhappy, we’ll be dead Siwon. Remember that!” Siwon remembered his dad’s warning.

---

Donghae drove past the University dorm when he saw a familiar figure walking out of the dorm’s gate.

“Yoona?” Donghae whispered as he recognized the figure. A grin formed on his lips.

Donghae pulled over to the side of the road and lowered down his car window.

Yoona was trying to figure out who stopped beside her. She bent down to see who was in the car.

“Donghae-sshi?” Yoona was surprised to see Donghae. Donghae was smiling shyly when he saw Yoona.

“Deh. Do you want a ride?” Donghae offered.

“Oh, it’s okay Donghae-sshi. I’m okay.” Yoona politely rejected Donghae’s offer.

“But I insist Yoona-sshi.” Donghae said. “Say yes please!” Donghae hoped.

“Mmm, okay then.” Yoona said. “Yes!” Donghae whispered.

“Hop in!” Donghae said.

Yoona just hopped in without any delay.

---

Siwon widened his eyes when he saw Yoona came out from a car together with Donghae. Somehow he felt a jealousy in his heart when he saw Yoona was with Donghae. He didn’t know why he felt Donghae was his threat even though he was his friend.

Tiffany was staring Siwon’s jealous face and slowly followed Siwon’s eyes direction.

“Donghae oppa?” Tiffany whispered. “He’s got himself a girl already.Well, they seem like a happy couple though. ” Tiffany thought. She then switched her attention to Siwon. Siwon was still eyeing the duo. “Why do Siwon oppa stared at them that way?” Tiffany thought.

“Oppa!” Fany said as she tapped Siwon’s arm. “What?” Siwon asked while still eyeing the duo.

“We should go into the class now.” Fany said.

“Oh, okay. Let’s go.” Siwon said lazily. He couldn’t stand to see Yoona and Donghae joking around and laughing together.

---

The boys and Yoona’s friends were surprised when Siwon came in with a girl. Moreover, the girl kept on linking her hand around Siwon’s arm. Siwon seemed uncomfortable with the linking. He kept on pushing Fany’s hand away lightly.

Dara and the girls were giving death glare at Siwon.

“Who’s that beside you hyung?” GD the player asked.

“Oh, she’s my childhood friend, Tiffany.” Siwon said.

“Hello Tiffany-sshi, I’m Jiyong or GD.” GD introduced himself. As usual, he will the first to introduce himself to girls.

“Hello Jiyong-sshi. Just call me Fany.” Tiffany said and smiled.

The boys and girls were introducing themselves to Fany and likewise.

“Oh, Yoona unnie is here.” Seohyun said which made all the troops’ attention switched to the main door.

Yoona stopped laughing when she saw a girl linking her hand around Siwon’s arm. She stared at Siwon.

Siwon again tried to push Fany’s hand from his arm.

“Why do Siwon oppa acting like this?” Fany whined to herself.

“Oh, Donghae oppa!” Fany greeted.

“Fany-ah!” Donghae greeted from a far.

Donghae and Yoona then came towards the troops.

“Who’s that yoong?” Jessica asked.

“Uhm, he’s Donghae. Siwon’s friend.” Yoona told them.

“Oppa, who is she?” Fany asked Siwon.

“Err.. she’s..” Siwon hesitated to answer. He was afraid of his dad’s warning.

“She’s Siwon hyung’s..” Kyuhyun wasn’t able to finish his sentence as Siwon kicked his feet which made Kyuhyun screamed in pain. “Yah hyung!” Kyuhyun whined.

“Oh, she’s my bestfriend.” Siwon said and let out an awkward smile. Everyone was shocked by Siwon’s remark.

The most shocked was of course Yoona. She could feel tears beginning to fill her eyes but she tried to control it from falling.

“How can he deny it?!” Dara thought madly.

“Yes, I’m his BESTFRIEND!” Yoona said to Fany and pressed the word ‘bestfriend’ when she looked at Siwon.

“Bestfriend? Isn’t she Siwon’s girl?” Donghae thought to himself.

“Oh, she’s your bestfriend oppa. Nice to meet you.” Fany said.

She was actually suspecting something going on between Siwon and Yoona but she immediately shook away the thought because she was sure that Siwon was hers.

---

“Why did he deny our relationship? Is he ashamed of me?” Yoona thought to herself. She couldn’t focus on her lecturer.

Siwon felt really guilty for doing that to Yoona. He didn’t wanna hurt Yoona. Hurting Yoona was the very thing that he wished to avoid.

He decided to text Yoona.

“Yoong, I owe you an explanation. Meet me at the rooftop after class.” Siwon texted.

“Don’t want to!” Yoona texted back.

“Please Yoong, I’ll explain why I did that. Pleaseeee~” Siwon texted.

Yoona was thinking whether to go or not.

“I’ll wait until you come.” Siwon texted again.

Yoona was mad at Siwon but at the same time she felt like she had to give Siwon a chance to explain himself.

---

 After class.

“Oppa, let’s go home.” Fany said.

“Sorry I something to do.” Siwon said.

“Donghae, can you help me by sending Fany home?” Siwon asked Donghae.

“Well, sure. It’s been a long time Fany-ah.” Donghae said.

“But oppa..” Fany wanted to go with Siwon.

“I gotta go.” Siwon said and leaving the duo.

----

Rooftop.

Siwon was waiting anxiously for Yoona. He was afraid that Yoona won’t come.

“Yoona, please come. I need to talk to you.” Siwon said to himself.

He heard the door opened. When he turned back, a big grin formed on his lips. Yoona finally came.

He walked to Yoona.

“Say it fast. I don’t have much time.” Yoona said coldly.

Siwon grabbed Yoona’s hands.

“Yoong, I’m sorry for denying our relationship. I didn’t mean to. Besides, I got my own reason.” Siwon started. Yoona was still looking away. Siwon got up and faced the beautiful city of Incheon. It could clearly be seen from the rooftop.

“10 years ago, my family’s business was almost bankrupt. It was Fany’s dad who saved our business. That’s why my dad really owed Fany’s family.” Siwon said. Now, Yoona looked at Siwon. She just knew about it.

“Besides, Fany’s dad was the most important partner of our business. If we lose him, our business will be on the line. That’s my dad’s biggest fear. My family tried our best to satisfy their needs to keep the relationship. About Fany, I always knew she got a feeling for me ever since we were in high school. That’s why I deny our relationship in front of her. I was scared she will tell her parents and the partnership will be doomed.” Siwon continued.

“I still remember what his dad told me before, ‘One tear from my daughter eyes because of you, your family will be finished.’ That’s what I remember till now.” Siwon said.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Yoona asked. She felt guilty for getting mad at Siwon without knowing the truth.

“I don’t want you to feel the burden that I feel inside.” Siwon said.

Yoona got up and wrapped her hands around Siwon’s waist.

“Burdens are meant to be shared.” Yoona said as she tightened the hug.

Siwon felt warm inside when Yoona’s arms hugged him. Deep inside, he knew he didn’t pick the wrong girl to be loved.

Siwon turned around to face Yoona. He cupped Yoona’s face with his hands. Yoona held Siwon’s hands.

“Thank you very much Yoong for being with me. I couldn’t find any better girlfriend than you. I love you so much and it’ll continue to grow stonger and stronger from time to time.” Siwon said as he stared at Yoona.

“Me too. I couldn’t any better guy than you. I felt lucky to have you as mine. I love you so much too and words can’t describe how happy I am with you.” Yoona said and smiled.

Siwon hugged Yoona tightly.

Then they turned to face the city of Incheon again.

This time, Siwon was the one who hugged Yoona from the back.

“So, we have to keep our relationship a secret?” Yoona asked.

“For now, yes.” Siwon said.

“I promise it won’t be long babe.”Siwon said.

“Nah, I’m okay as long as you’re okay. I can wait for you.” Yoona said.

“Thank you yoong.” Siwon said and kissed Yoona’s head with so much love and tightened his hug.

The couple were enjoying the beautiful view.

---