Chapter 17

Destined For Each Other (HIATUS)

 

“I’m Jihyun.” Jihyun introduced herself. She blushed even hard when she shook Kyuhyun’s hand. “By the way, you seem familiar too.” Kyuhyun added as he tried to recall back where he ever seen her. “We met during our orientation and I’m one of the cheerleaders for the basketball team you’re in.” Jihyun said. “Ahhh! I remember now! You’re the girl that I bumped into during the orientation. Ah, you are our cheerleader.” Kyuhyun said as he already recalled back the memories.

Actually Kyuhyun was Jihyun’s crush since the first day they entered the university. She was mesmerized by Kyuhyun’s charming smile and how friendly he was. She never thought she’ll be able to talk to Kyuhyun again after the incident at the orientation. All this time, she was only able to admire Kyuhyun from far away. This conversation seemed like “pinch me, i’m dreaming” thingy to her. Moreover, she was able to see Kyuhyun smile from a very near position rather than from far away.

---

The girls were gathering at the living room as usual. Then, Jiyeon and IU decided to ask their unnies about the exam. “Unnie.” Jiyeon started. “Hmm?” Dara responded and shifted her attention to her adorable dongsaeng. “IU and I decided to take the STEP exam.” Jiyeon said. Now, all the attention shifted to the maknaes. “Bwoh? You know taking it is a high risk!” Sica said. “We know unnie.” IU said. “But we can skip a year and graduated together with unnies.” IU added. “Girls, there is no need to be in a rush.” Seohyun said. “That’s right but we’ve set our mind on it.” Jiyeon said. “You know what happen if you don’t pass the exam right?” Dara asked. “Yeah. But we are sure that we can do it.” Jiyeon said.

“If that’s the case, then you’ve to work your pretty asses off if you wanna graduate together with us.” Yoona said. “Yoona-yah!” Sica said. “Sica-yah, I’m sure they can pass it. You know our dongsaengs are smart right?” Yoona assured Sica. Sica was really worried about their study that was why she tried to make right decision when it comes to education. Finally, the girls gave up. “Yeah, you better promised us that you girls gonna get an A for the exam.” Dara said. “I love you all unnies.” IU said and hugged her unnies like a lil kid. “Yah, I want to hug them too.” Jiyeon said and went to them to join the hug.

---

Jiyeon went to her room to check her messenger because she hadn’t checked it for quite a while. “Hmm? Who is this?” Jiyeon wondered as someone with username, YJunnie added her. But she accepted it anyways because she loved to make new friends despite the fact that she got quite a temper. She decided to text the new friend to say thanks for adding her.

JiYeonP: Hello there. Thanks for the add. J

“Oh, she texted! Okay, Jun-ah, relax yourself. Don’t make it obvious.” Dongjun said to himself.

Dongjun took a deep breath before he texted back.

YJunnie: Hey there. It’s my pleasure. I’m Jun by the way. You? :)

JiYeonP: Hey Jun, I’m Jiyeon. Nice to know you. :)

YJunnie: Nice to know you too Jiyeon. Where are you studying?

JiYeonP: At the KPOP University in Incheon. What about you?

YJunnie: I’m at Seoul University. :)

The conversation between them went quite well. Dongjun could learn more about Jiyeon eventhough he was disguising as someone else.

“Hmm..that mad girl is not bad after all.” Dongjun said and let out a small smile.

“Hmm Jun is such an interesting guy.” Jiyeon thought and smiled.

---

The following day.

IU and Jiyeon were shopping for candy at the nearby shops near their dorm.

“Oh, IU-ah.” The guy greeted from back as he touched IU’s back.

“Oh, Gi Kwang sunbae-nim!” IU greeted cheerfully.

“Aish, drop the honorifics IU-ah. Just call me oppa is much simpler.” Gi Kwang said.

“Araso oppa!” IU said cutely. Nobody could resist IU’s cute charm including Gi Kwang. He just unexpectedly pinched IU’s chubby cheeks which made IU to blush since she had a crush on Gi Kwang.

“Hmm totally left out.” Jiyeon thought to herself.

“Let’s grab some drinks at the nearby cafe.” Gi Kwang suggested.

The girls nodded and followed Gi Kwang to the cafe.

---

It's true; I got a thing for you
All of the things you do.
Got me feeling butterflies
Trust me girl, I see the glow
Every time I look in your eyes
       

                                -YB.

“YB? From who could this be?” Dara thought to herself while holding the card that she just received when she checked her locker just now.

“What’s that unnie?” Seohyun asked as she slumped into the couch.

“I got it when I checked my locker just now.” Dara said as she handed the card to Seohyun.

“Woah. So romantic unnie~” Seohyun said admiringly.

“You’re so lucky!” Seohyun added.

“Yeah. He’s so sweet. I mean, he did all my homeworks, solved the cube and left a poem for me. I can’t help but wonder who he is.” Dara said.

“Hmm unnie, how did he know your locker password?” Seohyun asked.

“I need to figure that out too,” Dara responded.

“But when I met him, I really wanna tell him I’m very grateful to him.” Dara said.

---

At Choi residence.

“Seriously mum, who are our guests today?” Siwon asked as he was tired of waiting for the “surprise” guests.

“I miss yoong.” Siwon thought and sigh deeply. He actually planned to introduce Yoona to his parents that afternoon but he had to cancel it due to the so-called important surprise guests.

“Just wait and see.” His mum replied to him. By then, they heard the bell rang.

“Oh, they are here already.” His mum said.

“Let’s greet them Siwon-ah.” His parents instructed Siwon. Siwon just lazily tailed his parents to the front door.

“Siwon oppa!” the girl excitedly greeted Siwon and hugged him.

“Oh, Fany-ah.” Siwon unenergetically greeted back. Siwon just awkwardly hugged her back because he was uncomfortable being hugged in front of his parents and Fany’s parents.

“Oh, Fany seems to be more excited than we do.” Fany’s father, Hwang Min Jae said and laughed.

“She met her Siwon oppa, that’s why.” Fany’s mother said which made Fany to blush.

“Annyeonghaseyo Shinwoo-ah.” Mr. Hwang greeted Siwon’s dad.

“Annyeonhaseyo Minjae hyung.” Siwon’s dad said.

“Woah, your Siwon has grown up to be a handsome and tall young man.” Mr. Hwang praised.

“Oh, your Fany is becoming a lot prettier too.” Siwon’s dad praised back.

Without any delay, Siwon’s mum invited the Hwangs inside.

---

“Oppa, we’re gonna take the STEP Exam.” IU said.

Gi Kwang’s reaction was mutual with the others.

“Bwoh?! It’s hard, I heard.” Gi Kwang said.

“So far only 5 out of 30 people who took it made it.” Gi Kwang said which intimidated IU and Jiyeon.

“Chincha?!” Jiyeon asked.

“Cheomalyeo.” Gi Kwang replied assuringly.

“But we already registered our names. Ottoke Jiyeon-ah?” IU sighed deeply.

“Hmm, let me help you guys with the 2nd year subjects.” Gi Kwang volunteered to help them.

“Cheomal yeo? Wouldn’t we be a burden to you oppa?” IU asked.

“Nah, I’m cool with it. Don’t worry about me.” Gi Kwang said and smiled.

“Wah, gumawo oppa.” Jiyeon thanked Gi Kwang excitedly.

“Yeah, chincha gumawo oppa.” IU thanked Gi Kwang.

Gi Kwang just nodded and smiled warmly to them.

---

“Siwon-ah, take care of our Fany. I purposely admitted her to your university so that you can watch over her.” Fany’s mum said to Siwon.

“Oh, don’t worry auntie and uncle. I’ll take care of her like my little sister.” Siwon said.

“Little sister?” Fany’s dad asked. He was about to continue his words but Fany’s mum kicked his leg lightly. He was kinda unhappy when Siwon just see Fany as his little sister.

“Besides she insisted so we have to follow what she wants.” Fany’s dad blurted out to change the topic.

“Daddy!” Fany blushed and pouted after her dad said that. They just laughed at Fany’s reaction. Siwon just laughed awkwardly.

After the long night, Fany and her family decided to go home.

“Thank you for everything Shinwoo-ah.” Min Jae said.

“You’re welcome hyung.” Shinwoo said.

“Goodnight oppa!” Fany said and kissed Siwon’s cheeks unexpectedly. She giggled softly after that.

“What the heck?!” Siwon thought. He flashed a fake smile to Fany and waved her goodbye until their car was no longer in their sight.

“Hmm seems like Fany likes you a lot. Good thing.” Shinwoo said to his son.

Siwon just replied with a nod as he was afraid he might speak out wrong words that might upset his dad.

Siwon went into his room and started to dial Yoong’s number. Only God knew how much he missed her as he was stucked with Fany’s family the whole night.

“Yeobosayeo?” Yoona answered from the other line.

“I miss you yoongie.” Siwon said. He was pleased that he could hear sweet voice.

“I miss you more oppa.” Yoona said adoringly.

“I’m sorry I didn’t call you just now.” Siwon said apologetically.

“Nah, it’s okay. I know you got important guests.” Yoona said.

They talked on the phone like there was no tomorrow because they really missed each other. Hearing each other voice was not enough to soothe the missing feeling of each other.