Chapter 12

Destined For Each Other (HIATUS)

The freshmen were having football practice. Jiyeon and IU were taking a walk around the football field because they were having break at that time. Dongjun spotted Jiyeon having a walk and evil thought crossed his mind. “It’s payback time!” Dongjun thought to himself and cracked an evil grin. He took the ball from his friend and targeted Jiyeon. He kicked the ball with all his might. Luck was on his side at that time. The ball hit Jiyeon’s head which caused Jiyeon to fall onto the ground. “Yes!!!” Dongjun screamed out loud when the ball hit Jiyeon’s head. He laughed out loud with his friends when he saw Jiyeon fell onto the ground. “Why is that girl still on the ground?” one of his friends asked. “Maybe she’s embarrassed because she was hit by a ball.” Dongjun said and laughed.

 

His laugh stopped when he heard IU screamed for help. Her face was panicked and she kept on shaking Jiyeon’s body. Dongjun rushed to Jiyeon to check on her. “Dongjun-sshi, help!” IU said panicly. Dongjun checked on Jiyeon. She was unconscious. “Jiyeon-ah, wake up! Wake up!” Dongjun said panicly as he continuously slapped Jiyeon’s cheeks softly. But Jiyeon still hadn’t showed any response. Dongjun carried her bridal style to their university health centre. Dongjun and IU waited outside the medical room. “I’ll kill the guy who kicked the ball to Jiyeon.” IU said out of anger. Dongjun was speechless when he heard IU said that. He felt really guilty.

 

He slowly approached IU. “IU-sshi, it was me who kicked the ball. Mianhe. Cheomal mianhe.” Dongjun said with his head down. “What?!” IU was shocked. She didn’t expect that it was Dongjun who kicked the ball. She turned around and crossed her arms. She was afraid that she could explode any time when she saw Dongjun’s face. Dongjun pulled her arms so that IU faced him. He got down on his knees. IU was surprised when she saw Dongjun got down on his knees. “Mianhe. Cheomal mianhe.” Dongjun said. He really felt guilty for doing that to Jiyeon. He didn’t expect it will turn out that way. Somehow, IU felt sorry for Dongjun. She heaved out a sigh. “It’s okay. Just don’t do that again. But I’m not sure how Jiyeon will react. She has quite a temper.” IU said to Dongjun. “Kuma-o.” Dongjun said as he got up. The nurse came out. “How is she?” Dongjun asked in a panic tone. “She’s okay. She’s conscious now.” The nurse said. “Can we see her?” IU asked. “Sure.” The nurse said. “Kamsahamnida.” IU and Dongjun said and bowed in unison. Dongjun was about to come in but he was not ready to face Jiyeon after what he did. “You’re not coming?” IU asked. “Uhm, nope. I just remembered I got a class after this.” Dongjun lied. “Okay then. Bye!” IU said and walked into Jiyeon’s room. Dongjun just looked at Jiyeon thru the small window.

 

----

 

IU called up her brother after her class. She really missed her oppa because they haven’t got the chance of meeting with each other eventho they were in the same university.

 

“Oppa!” IU cutely greeted her oppa.

“IU-ah!” Siwon cheerfully greeted back his lovely sister.

“I miss you oppa!” IU said.

“I miss you too lil princess. How have you been?” Siwon asked.

“I’m great oppa. You?” IU said.

“I’m good.” Siwon said.

“IU, come and live here. I’m lonely.” Siwon said.

“Lonely? Find yourself a girl then.” IU said and giggled.

“A girl? You find one for me then.” Siwon joked.

“Really? I’ll find one for you.” IU said and giggled.

“Nah nah, just kidding.” Siwon said and chuckled.

“Oppa, we haven’t met yet eventho we are in the same place.” IU said.

“Yeah.  I’ve been really busy lately. Mianhe. Lets meet at the cafeteria tomorrow.” Siwon said.

“Hmm cannot!” IU said.

“Waeyo?” Siwon asked.

“Oppa, I’ve been hearing stories around the campus about you. They all know who you are.” IU said.

“Umm, so what’s the matter?” Siwon asked.

“The problem is, I don’t want them to know that I’m your sister. I’m afraid they will be friends with me only because of my status and only because I’m your sister.” IU explained to Siwon.

“If that’s the case, we need to meet secretly then.” Siwon said.

“Uh-huh. Until I’m ready to reveal that I’m your sister.” IU said and giggled.

“Okay princess!” Siwon said and chuckled.

“Oh, I gotta go oppa. I need to finish my assignment.” IU said.

“Okay, takecare.” Siwon said.

“You too. I love you!” IU said.

“I love you more!” Siwon said and then hung up.

 

-----

The girls were watching television together that evening. Dara was busy trying to solve the Rubik’s cube. Jiyeon was resting in her room. IU was thinking about her brother. “Hmm, should I find him a girl?” IU thought. “Maybe he won’t be lonely anymore if I got him a girl.” IU thought. “Who should be his girl then?” IU thought. “IU-ah, pass me the ice-cream.” Yoona said which cause IU to come on her senses. IU handed over the ice-cream. She stared at Yoona. “Should I set him up with Yoona unnie?” IU thought. Yoona realised that IU was staring at her. She looked back at her. “What?” Yoona asked. IU snapped her fingers. “She’s the one!” IU thought to herself and smiled widely. “Unnie, you’re single right?” IU asked. “Uhm, yeah.” Yoona said. “Perfect!” IU said. “What’s perfect?” Yoona asked. “Sooner or later, you’ll know.” IU said and flashed a naughty smile to Yoona. Yoona wanted to ask more but IU went to her room. “Unnie, stop solving it. You looked stressed enough trying to solve the cube.” Seohyun said. Dara stopped playing it. She heaved out a sigh. “I’m so tired of trying. How I wish someone could solve this one for me.” Dara said.

----

IU called her brother to set up a blind date for him and Yoona. IU didn’t know that Yoona and Siwon already knew each other.

 

“Oppa!” IU greeted.

“Oh, IU-ah. What’s wrong?” Siwon asked.

“I got something for you.” IU said.

“What?” Siwon asked.

“Blind date!” IU said and giggled.

“You’re kidding right?” Siwon asked and chuckled.

“Nopeee! I got a girl for you. I think both of you are perfect together plus you won’t be lonely anymore.” IU said cheerfully.

“WHAT?! You set me up with a stranger?!” Siwon asked. He was very shocked.

“Uh-huh.” IU replied innocently.

“But I was just joking about asking you to find a girl for me.” Siwon said.

“I didn’t take it as a joke.” IU said and giggled.

“But I...” Siwon stopped there because IU cut him.

“Oppa, you love me or not?” IU asked.

“Ofcourse.” Siwon said.

“If you love then say yes.” IU said.

“But...”Siwon was cut again.

“Oppa~~~~~~~~” IU said in aegyo. That was Siwon’s weakness.

“Araso araso. I’ll go but I’ll not date her okay.” Siwon said.

“Why?” IU said.

“Because..uhmm...” Siwon was out of words.

“Just date her oppa. Kay? Bye love you!” IU said in a rush and hung up.

 

“Mission accomplished!” IU said and grinned. “I should book a place for the blind date then.” IU thought to herself. She had done booking the place and she went to Yoona to tell her about it. IU knocked Yoona’s door. “Come in!” Yoona shouted. Yoona was busy doing her assignment at that time. Jessica was sleeping. “Unnie, are you busy?” IU asked. “A lil bit but it’s okay. What’s the matter?” Yoona asked. “You see, I set up a blind date for you.” IU said slowly. Yoona’s eyes widened widely when IU said that. “WHAT?! A BLIND DATE??!” Yoona said half screaming. “Uh-huh.” IU innocently responded. “I’m not going! That’s final.” Yoona immediately rejected the offer. “Unnie, since when did you start to reject a blind date offer huh? You always accept the offer with full of excitement before.” IU said while crossing her arms. “Since...since..” Yoona stuttered and she was thinking of the answer to IU’s question. “Since when unnie?” IU asked. “I don’t know since when.” Yoona said. “Whatever. You have to be at the Chill-O Cafe tomorrow at 7 pm. You’ll meet your prince charming there.” IU said and smiled to Yoona. “I already said that I’m not interested. Find someone else.” Yoona said. “Unnie~~ please~~ Give it a try first. You can reject him if you don’t like him.” IU said as she linked her arms around Yoona’s neck. Yoona heaved out a sigh. “Araso. I’ll go. Happy now?” Yoona said. “Yeay!!” IU screamed. “Shhh~~ You might wake up Sica unnie!” Yoona scolded IU softly. “Opps. My bad.” IU said and giggled. “Who’s the guy you’re trying to hook me up with?” Yoona asked. “Secret! You’ll know tomorrow so be patient kay.” IU said. “Aish. You’re so secretive.” Yoona said. IU just giggled. “Don’t forget tomorrow kay unnie? 7 pm sharp!” IU said. “Yes Miss IU. Just go to sleep. It’s late already.” Yoona said as she continued to do her assignment. “Okay, done.” IU said as she snapped her finger. “God, please please please make tomorrow a success.” IU prayed.

 

----