Chapter Seven: Preparations

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

Chapter Seven: .Preparations.

 

“No, there’s just no way in hell I would agree to do that in front of millions of people. No way, not with Sungyeol.” Kim Myungsoo complained.

“Huh, you think I’d do that if I have a choice? I’m only gonna do this for the fans!” Lee Sungyeol retorted.

“Well I’m sorry but I won’t be performing in that parody.” Myungsoo declared.

“Ya both of you stop it already.” Sunggyu, their leader stopped both of them from fighting.

 

The seven members of Infinite, namely Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, Woohyun, Myungsoo, Hoya, and Sungjong were in the dining hall of their dorm.  Wondering what the ruckus was all about? Well the Infinite were preparing for their second invasion concert in Japan. Their team production had decided that they will perform their own version of Trouble Maker, originally performed by Hyunseung of B2st and Hyuna of 4minute.

Their production team thought that Sungyeol befits to do the Hyunseung part and that Myungsoo suits the part of Hyuna.

Sungyeol did not protest, after all he would do everything that would please their fans. Myungsoo on the other hand did not want to accept it. The reason was not only because he doesn’t want the role of Hyuna but also because he knew that in order for that parody to work him and Sungyeol needs to have chemistry. Which, after all the incidents that occurred between them, is something they would never have, not in a million years.

“Fine, Myungsoo won’t be performing in that parody anymore.” Sunggyu declared, solving the dilemma of Myungsoo.

“Then who would do it?” Hoya asked.

“Jang Dongwoo, you’d perform it.” Sunggyu answered.

“What? Heck no. That’s no fair. If Myungsoo-ah can say no then so can I.”

“Then what about you Sungjong?” Sunggyu asked, turning his attention to his maknae.

“B-but hyung, why don’t you do it.” Sungjong retorted in a small voice.

“Woohyun? Hoya? Any volunteers?” Sunggyu said, dodging Sungjong’s suggestion.

“Know what? Why don’t we just have a draw ?” Hoya suggested, standing from his seat, he went towards his room and returned with five sticks on his hands. “The one who will get the smallest stick would perform the part of Hyuna. This way we could decide who will perform in that parody fair and square.” 

Kim Myungsoo held the five sticks on his right hand as five of their members drew a stick one by one. Each of them hoping that they won’t pick the smallest stick. After all of them had picked up a stick, they compared their sticks in unison.

“Aigoo.” Sungjong murmured as he closed his eyes. Yes he was the misfortunate one who got the smallest stick.

“Then it’s decided Sungyeolie would be Hyunseung and Sungjongie would be Hyuna.” Sunggyu announced with delight, happy that he was not the one who would do the girl part. “Then meeting adjourned. Sungjong, Sungyeol both of you watch the music video of trouble maker; study your parts so you’ll be prepared for tomorrow’s practice.” Sunggyu added before leaving his co-members.

“Goodluck!” Woohyun, Hoya, and Dongwoo said to Sungyeol and Sungjong before leaving them. Myungsoo on the other hand did not utter a single word. Probably annoyed by the fact that Sungyeol will have a quality time with Sungjong.

“Mou.” Sungjong uttered.

“Sungjongie, let’s do our best.” Sungyeol said as he patted Sungjong on his back.

“Then, I’ll be in your care Sungyeol hyung.” Sungjong said, flashing a sweet smile at Sungyeol.

Sungyeol, upon seeing Sungjong’s saccharine smile clutched his heart in an instant. He turned his head sideway, away from Sungjong’s sight, as blood rushed on his face.

“Sungyeol hyung, are you alright?” Sungjong asked. He rose from his seat and went and sat to the seat where Sungyeol turned his head to. His head was now a few inches away from Sungyeol’s.

Sungyeol’s eyes enlarged, surprised by Sungjong’s sudden movement. His head looked straight, his eyes in tiger look.

“I, I’m just fine.” Sungyeol stuttered. “Ne, Sungjong-ah why don’t we go and watch the music video of Trouble Maker?” Sungyeol asked, changing the topic of their conversation.

0.0

 

“H-hyunseung is so manly, his moves are great. Sungyeol hyung are you sure your dance skills are on par to his dance skills?” Sungjong asked as they were watching the music video of Trouble Maker.

“Ne, Sungjongie, look at Hyuna, isn’t she hot and y? Sungjongie you’re pretty but are you sure your iness is on par to Hyuna’s?” Sungyeol retorted.

“Don’t pressure me hyung.” Sungjong complained at Sungyeol, his cute lips pouted.

“Then don’t pressure me either.” Sungyeol said, grinning at their maknae.

 

Both of them continued watching the music video of Trouble Maker over and over again. Examining every single gestures and dance steps done and performed by Hyunseung and Hyuna.

 

0.0

.Meanwhile inside Woohyun and Myungsoo’s room.

“Damn!”Kim Myungsoo cursed when it finally sank in his mind that Sungjong and Sungyeol would perform a duo number on their upcoming second invasion concert.

“What are you so upset about?” An annoyed Woohyun asked. “Don’t tell me it’s because of Sungjong?” Woohyun added.

“So what if it is because of him?!”

“Are you out of your mind? You can’t go and be upset because he would be paired with Sungyeol. Not when you’re already engaged with __________!” Woohyun answered, raising the volume of his voice.

“But that is what I’m feeling inside! Can’t you see I’m doing my best to be an upright man? I’m trying real hard in suppressing my feelings for Sungjong but I can’t, I just can’t. My feelings for him just keep on pouring from my heart.”

“Myungsoo-ah do you hear what you’re talking about? You can’t have feelings for Sungjong, you should be waiting patiently for her until she wakes up and continue loving her!” Woohyun protested.

“Tell me Woohyun, how am I supposed to wait for someone who attempted to kill herself so she won’t be with me?” Myungsoo asked, there’s bitterness in his voice.

“Don’t say that Myungsoo, she loves you so much that she chose to die rather than lose you.” Woohyun stated with a plastered smile on his face.

“What do you know?” Myungsoo asked.

“A lot Myungsoo.” Woohyun answered him. “Myungsoo-ah promise me one thing, don’t leave her, don’t abandon her. Promise me you’ll only look at her, promise me she’ll always be in your heart.” Woohyun pleaded.

“How can I promise that when you know that Sungjong has already entered in my heart?”

“Listen Myungsoo, you’re only attracted at Sungjong because he has a lot of similarity with _________.” Woohyun replied.

“Stop ridiculing my feelings for him Woohyun, my love for Sungjong are not based from shallow reasons and such.” Myungsoo said, angered by the words uttered by Woohyun.

“I’m sorry.” Woohyun apologized, surprised by Myungsoo’s reaction. “I’m begging you Kim Myungsoo, never leave ________ side, jeh-bahl Myungsoo.”

“I already told you Woohyun I ca-“

“You’d lose me Myungsoo.”

“Mwo?”

“Choose Sungjong over ________ and you’d lose a precious friend.” Woohyun stated his face was expressionless; his eyes were looking directly at Myungsoo’s.

“Don’t make me laugh Woohyun your joke is not funny.” Myungsoo protested.

“I’m not kidding Myungsoo, promise me.” Woohyun firmly restated.

“I-“ *sigh* “I promise.” Myungsoo vowed, finally giving in to Woohyun.  

Could you blame him? It’s a choice between love and friendship. Anybody would choose his/her friends over their lovers.

“Are you in love with her Woohyun?” Myungsoo asked, though he already knew the answer.

“I want her to be with the man she loves.” Woohyun said, not answering Myungsoo’s question.

Myungsoo closed his eyes and opened it upon hearing Woohyun’s answer. He walked towards the door of their room and went out. He needed to get out so the tension inside their room would subside.

“Yeah, I do. I love her but she hates me to the point that she’d rather die than be with me.” Woohyun said, finally answering Myungsoo’s question, as soon as Myungsoo left their room. Sadness can be felt in Woohyun’s voice as tears filled with pain started to fall from his eyes.

0.0

 

Myungsoo went to the rooftop of their dorm. He decided he needs lots of air to calm and ease his mind.

Upon opening the door of the rooftop he was welcomed by the tune of Trouble Maker. He peeked inside and the sight of Sungjong trying to mimic Hyuna’s dance steps in Trouble Maker greeted his eyes.

“Niga nareul itjji mothage jakku ni apeseo tto

Ni mam jakku naega heundeureo beoseonal su eoptdorok

Ni ipsureul tto humchigo meolli taranabeoryeo

Nan Trou a a a ble! Trouble! Trou! Trouble Maker!”

 Sungjong sang and tried to dance with accordance to the music.

“Trouble Maker!”

Sungjong stopped singing and dancing upon hearing another voice.

                “H-hyung.” He uttered, surprised to see Myungsoo on the rooftop. “How long have you been there?” He asked.

                Kim Myungsoo smiled, “Long enough to hear your voice and see your killer dance moves.” He added, teasing their maknae.

                “Mou, stop teasing me with empty flattery.” Sungjong complained.

Silence

“I see, so you’re preparing for your Trouble Maker part in our upcoming concert.” Myungsoo stated, breaking the deafening silence engulfing them.

“Yes, I’m trying to memorize the whole lyrics of the song, trying to familiarize with it so I could sing it from my heart. Though I’m still struggling with the dancing part.” Sungjong explained. His eyes were looking on the floor, his heart was pounding rapidly.

“Mianhe. If only I accepted Hyuna’s part then you wouldn’t need to go through this.” Myungsoo apologized, guilt was written all over his face.

“It’s alright hyung, after all, the most beautiful guy in our group suits Hyuna’s part the best.” Sungjong said, assuring Myungsoo while patting his right shoulder.

“Wa, Sungjongie is being cocky.” Myungsoo teased. “Ne Sungjongie want to practice with me?” Myungsoo asked.

“Mwo?” Sungjong returned his question with another question, probably baffled by Myungsoo’s offer.

“I watched Trouble Maker a couple of times and probably, know the whole song and dance steps by heart. I could play Hyunseung’s part as you play Hyuna’s, this way you could execute your dance steps more effectively.” Myungsoo explained.

“But hyung I haven’t memorized the whole steps yet.”

“That’s fine, I’ll guide you.” Myungsoo said assuring Sungjong.

Myungsoo walked towards the music player and the instrumental of Trouble Maker echoed on the background.

As the music started to play Myungsoo and Sungjong started to dance their parts.

“1! 2! 3!” Both of them uttered.

“Ni nuneul bomyeon nan Trouble Maker” Myungsoo started singing.

“ Ni gyeote seomyeon nan Trouble Maker” Sungjong followed.

 

Jogeumssik deo deo deoMyungsoo started to dance as Sungjong shyly placed both of his hands on Myungsoo’s shoulders and glided it down together with his graceful body.

 “Galssurok deo deo deo”

“Ijen nae mameul nado eojjeol su eopseo”

 

“Niga nareul itjji mothage jakku ni apeseo tto

Ni mam jakku naega heundeureo beoseonal su eoptdorok

Ni ipsureul tto humchigo meolli taranabeoryeo

Nan Trou a a a ble! Trouble! Trou! Trouble Maker!

Trouble Maker!”

They both sung, as Myungsoo danced behind Sungjong. Placing his right hand at Sungjong’s left thigh, while Sungjong placed his left hand near Myungsoo’s nape.

Myungsoo felt Sungjong shuddered at the close skin contact they were having.

His left hand held Sungjong’s right hand sideward as his face gracefully move towards Sungjong’s. His lips only an inch away from Sungjong, he smiled upon feeling Sungjong’s trembling breath.

“Ni mameul kkaemulgo domangchil geoya goyangicheoreom

Neon jakku andari nal geoya nae apeuro wa eoseo hwanaeboryeom

Nae seksihan georeum ni meori soge balttongeul geoneun

Eungeunhan seukinship eolgure bichin mot chama jukkkettan ni

 

Nunbit” Sungjong sung and danced, Myungsoo cracked a sly smile on his face upon seeing Sungjong trying to mimic Hyuna’s y dance steps.

“Galsurok gipi deo ppajeodeureo

Alsurok niga deo mame deureo Baby

Amuraedo ni saenggage chwihaennabwa Lady

I never never never stop!” Myungsoo sung, performing his part, embracing Sungjong. His left hand touching Sungjong’s face.

“Niga nareul itjji mothage jakku ni apeseo tto

Ni mam jakku naega heundeureo beoseonal su eoptdorok

Ni ipsureul tto humchigo meolli taranabeoryeo

Nan Trou a a a ble! Trouble! Trou! Trouble Maker!

Trouble Maker!” They reached the chorus part and danced intimately with each other once again. Myungsoo was enjoying Sungjong’s anxiousness.

“Trouble Maker!”

“Trouble Maker!”

“Trouble Maker!”

 

“ Eotteoke neol nae mame damadul su inneunji”

(Trouble Maker)

“Geunyang nae mami ganeundaero ijen”

“ I never never stop!

Meomchul su eopsseo”

 

“Niga nareul itjji mothage jakku ni apeseo tto

Ni mam jakku naega heundeureo beoreonal su eoptdorok

Ni ipsureul tto humchigo meolli taranabeoryeo

Nan Trou a a a ble! Trouble! Trou! Trouble Maker!

Trouble Maker!”                   

They performed the chorus one last time. But this time Myungsoo did not let go of Sungjong.

                “Hyung-“ Sungjong uttered.

“ Trouble Maker!” Myungsoo continued, not paying any attention to Sungjong’s complaint nor letting him go.

                Sungjong gulped before uttering another ‘trouble maker.’ His right hand touched Myungsoo’s face, just like in the music video of Trouble Maker.

                Myungsoo grasped Sungjong’s right hand and held him even closer to him.

                Finally closing the distance between his and Sungjong’s lips.

 

Yes, that afternoon, he kissed Sungjong, the man who really owns his heart, right on his lips.

~.~

A/N: There you go! I really hope you’d like this chapter. Sorry for the late update. Again thank you for reading this fanfic of mine I really hope you’d take delight in reading this fic. And please do drop a comment and click the subscribe button. Thanks~

P.S. Were you able to imagine the dancing part? I'm not really confident if I described that part well enough for you to imagine. Well I'm sorry for that~