Chapter One: Dilemma of a Maknae's Love.

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

 

A/N: Here is the first chapter of my fanfic. Hope you'll enjoy reading it.

 

 

Chapter One: Dilemma of a Maknae's Love...

 

“Ne hyung what should I do?” It’s Sunday morning, two of Infinite members namely, Jang Dongwoo, and Lee Sungjong were eating ramen inside their favorite ramen stall, when Sungjong asked his hyungnim.

                “Shhh doo bou’ wha?” (should do about what?) Dongwoo asked as he chewed the noodles of his ramen.

                “Hyung, I, there’s this person whom I cherish so much. That person has been occupying my mind 24 hours a week. I always look forward into seeing that person everyday, whenever that person approach me, my heart, my heart beats so fast and so loud to the point that it hurts. But hyung, the hurtful feeling in my chest is not that painful at all. It’s the kind of pain I’m enjoying to feel. H-hyung Eoddeokajyo?”

                For the first time since they began eating the delicious ramen they ordered, Dongwoo looked up and stared at his maknae’s face. There’s sadness in his maknae’s eyes, Sungjong’s mouth was slightly agape, his slender left hand is holding the metal chopstick, not bothering to eat the ramen, waiting for Dongwoo’s reply.

                “Then just hurry up and confess. Tell that person what you really feel how would you know if the feeling’s mutual if you won’t tell that person your feelings.” Dongwoo answered Sungjong’s question before paying attention to his beloved ramen once again.

                “Easier said than done, hyung, about the person whom I cherish in my heart *sigh* there’s a problem concerning that person.” Sungjong said, exasperation is written all over his beautiful face as he put down the metal chopstick.

                “museun ddeushiya? “ Dongwoo asked his maknae, staring at Sungjong’s face as he put the noodles inside his mouth.

                “That person, hyung, the person that I love is a guy.” Sungjong answered Dongwoo looking straight at Dongwoo’s eyes.

                Dongwoo spurted the ramen he was eating; he was taken a back by what Sungjong said. Dongwoo hurriedly grabbed a tissue to wipe his mouth clean.

                “I know it’s not normal for a guy to like a person who is also a guy but hyung this is what I’m feeling inside my heart. I tried to suppress it for so long but I can’t. I just can’t hold it deep within me anymore. That’s why I’m asking you what I should do.” Sungjong worriedly explained. He is afraid that Dongwoo would be disgusted by his revelation and that he would make fun of him.

                “Ne, Sungjong that guy whom you love, is it *gulp* me?” Dongwoo bit his lower lip as he waited for Sungjong’s reply.

                “Sshh.” Sungjong’s left hand touched his temple as he move his head side ways. “Yaa, I already know that you’re stupid but I didn’t expect that you’d be that dumb.” Sungjong said, he was annoyed by what Dongwoo asked.

                “If you’re the one whom I have feelings to, do you really think that I’d consult you about my dilemma?!” Dongwoo just stared at Sungjong as Sungjong continued talking. “But the more stupid one is me, Seriously Lee Sungjong what are you doing asking your hyung, and on top of that Jang Dongwoo for help?!” Sungjong glanced at his hyung’s face with a cute pout. “That’s it I give up, I’m going home.” Sungjong announced, his hands were both raised up in the air as he stood up and began walking away, leaving his hyungnim behind.

                Sungjong was already a few steps ahead of Dongwoo, who is still sitting on his seat, when Dongwoo called out.

                “Yaa Lee Sungjong!” Sungjong stopped on his track, turned around to have a better look at his hyung. On the other hand highschool girls and some ladies who are also eating in the said ramen shop heard Dongwoo’s voice and the words he said. They swiftly pulled out their phones and captured photos and videos of Dongwoo and Sungjong as they flocked around them.

                Dongwoo ,coming back to his senses, hurriedly walked towards Sungjong, grabbed his slender left hand, and pulled him out of the crowd.

                They ran as fast and as far as they could in order to lose the crowd of girls who ran after them. Dongwoo and Sungjong rested on one of the benches of a seemingly abandoned park.

                Sungjong stil gasping for air sat on the bench and asked Dongwoo “Why did you do that?”

                “Do what?”

                “Why did you grab me and run from our fans? That might anger them, which might decrease our group’s popularity.” Sungjong sermon on Dongwoo.

                “What? Is our group’s popularity more important than your feelings to the guy you love?” Sungjong’s eyes dodged Dongwoo’s gaze upon hearing his hyung’s question.

                “Ne, Sungjong do you know that you are lucky because you found somebody to love?  It’s not everyday that you’ll meet a person who can make you fluster and nervous. It’s not everyday that you’ll find a person who can make your heart beat so fast to the point that it hurts. It’s not everyday that you’ll find a person who can make you fall in love.” Dongwoo said to Sungjong, though his eyes were not looking at their maknae.  “ So what if the one you love is a guy like you? Always remember Sungjong, people fall in love with the person and not with the gender. If you really love that guy like what you’ve said earlier, go and grab the opportunity to confess your feelings.” Dongwoo added, Sungjong dumfounded, not expecting the words that came out from his hyung, looked intently at his hyung’s face.

              “Chances are the feelings are mutual. Chances are the feelings you’re having is just one-sided. But does the outcome really matter? Regardless of the result, at the end of the day you’ll be thankful and grateful that you let out the feelings inside your heart.”

                Silence engulfed the two of them Dongwoo stood up and played on the swing,  purposely leaving Sungjong alone on the bench, giving their maknae some time to assert his feelings.

                After some time, Sungjong finally made up his mind. He stood up from the bench where he was seating and called Dongwoo.
                “Ne, Hyungnim!” Dongwoo looked up and stared at Sungjong who is waving at him from a distance. “I didn’t expect that you’d be of great help to me, but you did. I made up my mind Hyung, I’ll confess my feelings to him. I might come to you beaming with joy and laughter if he’d accept my feelings, if that happens I’ll treat you a ramen. On the contrary I might come to you with tears streaming from my eyes if he’d turn down my feelings, if that happens you’ll treat me an ice cream.” Dongwoo grinned upon hearing the conditions of Sungjong.

                “I’ll be going now. Hyung, gomapseumnida!” Sungjong thanked Dongwoo as he bowed his head two times before leaving Dongwoo on the seemingly abandoned park.

                Dongwoo remained swinging on the swing with a sad, bittersweet smile on his face as he wish and pray for their maknae’s love.