Chapter Four: Breather

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

Chapter Four: Breather.

 

          The seven members of Infinite were currently on their favourite dance studio. Nam Woohyun was wearing a hooded red shirt, Kim Sunggyu was wearing a blue fitted v-neck shirt, Jang Dongwoo was wearing a black shirt with a printed pink pig on it, Lee Sungyeol was wearing a typography “It’s Gonna Be Me.” Pink shirt, Kim Myungsoo was wearing a simple white shirt topped with a black hoodie, Lee Howon was wearing a sleeveless black shirt, and Lee Sungjong was wearing a yellow v-neck shirt with Pikachu’s face designed on it.  

          “Ya Sungjong-ah what do you think you’re doing? We’ve been practicing this dance step for a couple of times and yet you still don’t get it?” Infinite’s leader, Kim Sunggyu scolded their maknae. They were practicing their dance steps for their song entitled Paradise since seven in the morning and it’s already 9 a.m. and yet Sungjong was still having a hard time executing the dance steps.

          “Everyone let’s take a break first. Sungjong, you go find someone to teach you the steps you’re having a hard time dealing with.” Sungjong nodded he walked towards Dongwoo, he was planning to ask his hyung since he’s the one he feels comfortable the most.

          He was about to approach Dongwoo when he noticed the loose ribbon on his left blue rubber shoe, he knelt down to tie his rubber shoe. As soon as he was finished two different hands flashed before his eyes.

          “Here let me teach you.” Two voices said in unison.

          He raised his head to see who those hands and voices belong to; surprised to see his two hyungnim.

          An annoyed face of Sungyeol pouting at Myungsoo, and Myungsoo who was looking at his eyes welcomed his sight.

          “Oi Myungsoo I offered my service first, I’m the one who’ll teach him.” Sungyeol argued Myungsoo just rolled his eyes.

          “That’s no fun Sungyeol, let Sungjong decide whether it is you or Myungsoo who will teach him the steps.” Woohyun butted in, delighted by what’s happening between his three fellow members.

          Sungjong gulped, still staring at those two hands lain in front of him, still unsure about whose hand he will take. His gazed shifted at Sungyeol’s adorable face, then at Myungsoo’s.

          He took another gulp of his own saliva as his left hand finally reached out to grab one of their hands.

          “Alright let’s start.” Sungyeol happily stated as he helped Sungjong stand up. Sungjong on the other hand just bowed his head at his other Hyung, who offered help, as an apology.

          Yes, he chose Sungyeol’s assistance over Myungsoo’s. And the reason is because he’s still unsure on how to act in front of Myungsoo again after what happened. Even though he was the one who told his hyung to forget his fiasco this morning, still he was the one who can’t forget what took place last night.

          That’s why he grabbed Sungyeol’s hand instead of Myungsoo’s,  he knows he won’t be overly conscious of himself because he is more comfortable in Sungyeol’s company.

          “Hmm, where do we start?” Sungyeol paused before he continued “Let me see, Sungjong-ah dance in front of me.”  Sungjong obliged at his order.

         The tune of Paradise echoed on the dance studio as Sungjong executed the steps with grace and beauty. Sungyeol, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo watched intently at their maknae, Woohyun, Hoya, and Sunggyu on the other hand, were doing each other’s businesses.

          Sungyeol stopped the music when it had reached the chorus when he noticed the mistakes Sungjong had committed.

          “Sungjong-ah that’s not the right way to perform the dance steps on the chorus part. Here, watch me.”

          Sungyeol demonstrated the right dance steps at the chorus part of paradise. Sungjong tried to mimic what Sungyeol was doing but failed.

          Sungyeol did not lose patience instead he stood at Sungjong’s back, his right hand grabbed Sungjong’s right, his left hand grabbed Sungjong’s left. His lips moved closer at Sungjong’s left ear, only an inch away.

          “You slightly bend your left knee ...” Sungyeol whispered to his left ear. Sungjong on the other hand cringed at the super close contact of his hyung.

          “Then push your right hand down gracefully with force...” Sungyeol continued to instruct Sungjong as he grasped Sungjong’s right hand tightly and executed what he instructed.

          “Step your right foot backward as you swiftly place your right hand, with distance, slightly under of your groin...”  Sungyeol’s right hand, touching Sungjong’s right hand, slided down with grace and was about to be (with distance of course) under Sungjong’s groin when Myungsoo suddenly intervened.

          Myungsoo irritated by the way Sungyeol was teaching Sungjong could not take it anymore, he stood up from the floor he was sitting in and walked quickly towards the two. He hastily grabbed Sungjong’s left wrist and, with force, pulled him away from Sungyeol before Sungyeol and Sungjong’s right hands reach the region of Sungjong’s groin.

 

          “Myungsoo-ah what’s your problem?!” Sungyeol asked Myungsoo, grabbing Sungjong’s right wrist as well, pulling Sungjong closer to him.

          “I’m the one who should be asking you that! What’s with the intimate contact? Do you really have to teach Sungjong with such close distance? Ya Sungyeol get serious!” Myungsoo stated with annoyance as he pulled Sungjong closer to him.

          “What? I am serious at what I’m doing.” Sungyeol answered, pulling Sungjong much closer to him.

          “Serious? You call that serious?! Ha-ha-ha.” Myungsoo mocked. “Stop making me laugh, we all know you’re just teasing Sungjong, holding him so close. Stop doing that Sungyeol, you’re just wasting our time.” Myungsoo scolded as he pulled Sungjong closer to him forcefully, pulling Sungjong away from Sungyeol’s grasp.

          “I am not teasing him. Ya Sungjong why don’t you show Myungsoo what you learned from me.” Sungyeol said as he crossed both of his arms.

          Sungjong followed, Paradise started to play on the background once again as Sungjong charmingly danced with its melody. Sungyeol watched their maknae with delight; he was proud to see that Sungjong indeed learned the steps from him and executed the chorus part, where he used to keep on committing mistakes, well. Myungsoo on the other hand was watching Sungjong, waiting for him to commit mistake and prove Sungyeol otherwise.

          “See, I told you I was being serious, look he even perfected the dance steps.” Sungyeol stated with a mocking smirk plastered on his face. “Come here Sungjong let me teach you more.” He said to Sungjong with a smile as he reached for Sungjong’s right hand.

          “Anni, I’m the one who will teach him from now on.” Myungsoo announced as he pulled Sungjong even closer to him before Sungyeol have the chance to grab his beloved maknae.

          “Oi you two stop fighting over our cute maknae.” Dongwoo butted in as he pulled Sungjong away from Myungsoo and Sungyeol. “Besides break’s over.” He declared, flashing his pearl white teeth, grinning at his two donsaeng.

          “Sshh.” Sungyeol muttered while Myungsoo just rolled his eyes due to irritancy.

          The members of infinite went back to their position as Paradise echoed on the background once again. They gracefully and vigorously danced to its melody.

          “Nice one Sungyeol.” Sunggyu said as he raised his right hand forming a thumbs-up towards Sungyeol, for doing a great job in teaching Sungjong.

          The infinite practiced more before they reached their limits and finally stop practicing.

          “Hey why don’t we grab some ice cream as we walk our way to our dorm?” The members agreed on Hoya’s brilliant request.

          They stop on a nearby ice cream shop before heading home.

          “Ice cream, ice cream, lots and lots of ice cream.” Sungjong’s thoughts sung on his mind as he remembered the seven gallons of ice cream he has not eaten yet.

          “Ya Sungjongie, what flavour do you want?” Dongwoo asked their maknae.

          “Chocolate.” Sungjong answered with a sweet smile on his face.

          “Here.” Sungjong was surprised to hear two voices in unison once again. He was surprised to see two chocolate flavoured Popsicle ice creams in front of him. The ice creams were offered by Sungyeol and Myungsoo both at the same time.

          Sungjong froze, not moving even an inch, still not sure on whose ice cream he will pick up and eat. As silence surrounded the three of them.

          “Ne Sungjong why don’t you try this cappuccino ice cream instead?” Dongwoo offered, breaking the tension and silence. Sungjong on the other hand smiled and thanked his hyungnim.

          The seven members of Infinite continued walking their way home. Sungyeol and Myungsoo were walking side by side.

          “Myungsoo, why are you like that to him when you already trampled, ignored, and hurt his feelings?” Sungyeol whispered, asking Myungsoo. “Is that your way of satisfying the guilt in your heart?” Sungyeol added mocking his dongsaeng.

          “Stop it Hyung.” Myungsoo stated, not bothering to answer nor heed any attention to his hyung’s blabbers.

          “Seriously stop being kind to him, it’s just hurting him more.”

          “Why, why can’t I be kind to the man I like.” Myungsoo whispered. Sungyeol stopped from his tracks upon hearing what Myungsoo uttered.

          “Stop making me laugh Myungsoo. If you’re in love with him then hurry up and accept his feelings or better yet go and confess.” Sungyeol advised.

          “I told you I can’t.”

          “Why? Because of the fans or because of your hypocrisy?” Sungyeol insulted Myungsoo.

          “Anni, it’s because I already promised, I promised that I will wait for her no matter what.” Myungsoo whispered. There’s sadness in his voice.

          “Now you’re telling me that crap?! Why wait for the person you don’t have any feelings for? Ya Myungsoo stop being a hypocrite.” Sungyeol scolded him.

          “Stop calling me a hypocrite when you don’t understand anything!”

          “You know what? You’re right I don’t understand nor would try to understand you and your stupid excuses! It’s foolish trying to love someone you don’t have any feelings for. You would just hurt not only that person nor yourself but also the person whom your heart truly treasures.”

          “...”

          “This wouldn’t be the last time I would be calling you this, but Kim Myungsoo you are indeed a hypocrite. A stupid hypocrite.” Sungyeol’s sharp tongue muttered as he started walking again, leaving Myungsoo, his foot steps speedily approached their maknae.

          “Don’t worry Myungsoo, you’re doing what you think is right. You can’t go and confess to him, not when you are already committed to her.” Woohyun said while tapping Mungsoo’s back. Apparently Woohyun knew something about Sungjong’s feelings towards Myungsoo, vice versa, and the reason why Myungsoo can not be with the one he loves.

 

~0.0~

 

A/N: I know, I know that this chapter is quite short and I am sorry for that. Anyways I still hope that you’re delighted in reading this fanfic of mine. And please do feel free to drop a comment thank you!c