Chapter Twelve: The Thing He Buried In His Heart

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

 

Chapter Twelve: The Thing He Buried In His Heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I winced when I saw the annoyed expression on Myungsoo's face. Even though he's wearing his mask to hide his anger at Sungyeol, I know that he's upset at the kiss incident.
 
 
 
"Hyung is there something wrong? You haven't uttered a single word to me after the concert." I saw a worried Sungjong, in the lobby of the hotel we're staying at, ask Myungsoo. 
 
 
"Nothing, I'm just... tired that's all." Of course he won't admit to Sungjong that the reason he is acting that way is because he is upset at what happened during the concert. Sungjong how dense could you be?
 
 
"Why can't you just admit that you're jealous about the kiss we shared only an hour ago?" I hurriedly hid myself away from their sight when I saw Sungyeol appear on the scene.
 
 
"Why should I? When I know that it is just for the sake of the fans?" I saw a smirk emerged on Sungyeol's face, aigoo doesn't he know that you shall never mess with the choding? He has a lot of pranks under his sleeves, he knows just what to say to piss Myungsoo off. "To make it simple, Sungjong just let you kisshim because he needs to."
 
 
"At least he is not sorry right Sungjongie?" 
 
Sungjong nodded with that stupid smile on his face, can't he tell what Sungyeol is trying to do?!
 
"Yes I'm not because of that kiss I was able to make the fans happy. Thank you for that kiss hyung." I, acting on instinct, slapped my right hand on my face. Dang this kid how can he be so stupid. I can't believe he fell for this kid.
 
 
 
 
Well, I can't deny the resemblance between them, 'cause sometimes even I can see her in Sungjong. 
 
 
 
 
"Then allow me to give you this." Myungsoo's right clenched fist moved. I knew it, he already lost his cool, just like he has always been back then. I started to count from five to one, after all five second is all it takes before his fist hit Sungyeol; Or so that's what I thought, I was tremendously surprised by his action.
 
 
His right clenched fist reached out to Sungjong's head, for a split second I thought he would hit Sungjong, his clenched fist opened up to hold Sungjong from behind and gently pulled him closer. His left hand brushed off Sungjong's bangs. His lips slowly moved closer, kissing Sungjong on his forehead.
 
 
 
 
 
"Your prize for making the fans happy." He flashed a faint smile for Sungjong. "Thank you for helping my beloved accomplish his task." I can tell Sungyeol felt the sarcasm on his saccharine voice.
 
 
 
 
 
Why? Why didn't he throw a tantrum unlike before? Why didn't he lose his cool? Why?! 
 
 
I feel sorry for Sungyeol especially when Sungjong turned crimson red after Myungsoo kissed him on his forehead. No matter what he do, no matter how hard he try, he will never win Sungjong's love. Simply because his opponent is Kim Myungsoo.
 
 
A sigh escaped from my lips. The world really is unfair. Why is that Myungsoo always win the love of his love one? Be it ____________ or Sungjong. 
 
 
Sungyeol hurriedly tried to pull Sungjong out of Myungsoo's grasp, as if doing that would help him win Sungjong's affection. I really am sorry for Sungyeol, I know he already knows that it is fruitless to even try make Sungjong turn his gaze towards him, but I bet he wouldn't stop from trying.
 
 
 
 
I wish he would just stop, 'cause if he don't he'll just be hurt in the end. I know because we share the same pain.
 
 
I once fought for my love too, but just like a soldier engaged in a battle, I suffered a great lost. In the war of love my heart did not only get bruises and scars. It also shattered into millions of pieces. In this war for love I lost her, the girl who gave meaning to my life.
 
 
 
 
In my efforts to win her love she died, well almost.
 
 
She tried to kill herself because she was sorry. She said it so herself.
 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry I can't love you, I'm sorry for turning you into a monster." Guilt, I could tell by her voice she's guilty. I was not even given the chance to protest because the screech of a vehicle and the scream of the crowd echoed through the phone line.
 
 
 
My love for her almost killed her. My love for her ended the happiness she shares with Myungsoo. My love for her had stolen my bestfriend's source of joy.
 
 
 
 
I hate myself, I despised Myungsoo for choosing Sungjong over her, I even begged him to never leave her side though his heart is not hers anymore, when in fact it is because of my love why things turned this way.
 
 
 
 
The music coming from my phone disrupted my thoughts. A phone call at this hour? Add to that the fact that it's long distance. It must be something important.
 
 
 
 
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Myungsoo pack your bags." I hurriedly came out of my hiding place upon receiving the phone call. 
 
 
 
 
"The hospital called, it is about her. She finally woke up." I said, answering the baffled look on Myungsoo's face.
 
 
 
 
"Pack your belongings and take a nap. Later this eight a.m. we will go back to Korea." I said after I called on the airlines to change the flight we booked a day earlier. Good thing there's still two vacant seats left.
 
 
 
 
"Move Myungsoo." I commanded when I saw him not moving an inch due to astonishment. Sungjong and Sungyeol too were also still surprised.
 
 
 
 
Every day, every night I pray for her safety. After all I won't forgive myself if something bad happens to her.
 
The day she wake up will be the day Myungsoo's friendship with me will end. 
 
 
 
I knew all along he'd kill me if he'd know the reason why she attempted suicide. I already braced myself for that possibility.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm sure he'd beat the hell out of me once he found out that I, Nam Woohyun, his bestfriend, his girlfriend. But I won't apologize for doing it.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love turned me into a monster after all. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And monsters do not deserve such a thing called forgiveness.
 
 
 
~0.0~
 
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: At last Chapter Twelve is all set and done, it took me so long before I figured out what chapter twelve will be all about. Anyhoo I hope all of you appreciated my efforts in this story as much as I appreciate the effort you give in reading this. 
 
A thousand and hundred thanks to my  new subscribers named: xiyyang, craze_, xanderlee, lavenderIchigo, and fazreenaidris. I would also like to thank those who always leave their reaction in the comment box. Anhyoo please do drop a comment and click the subscribe button to those who haven't subscribe yet.
 
p.s. I know you're all smart enough to figure out whose point of view this chapter is~