Chapter Fourteen: The Choding Made His Move.

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

 

Chapter Fourteen:  The Choding Made His Move.
 
 
 
"Ne, Sungjongie, let's ride the ferris wheel next." Sungyeol hyung clung on my left shoulder as he dragged me towards the waiting line of the ferris wheel.
 
"Sungyeol hyung, please stop clingin on me, people are staring at us, they might misunderstood." I said as my right hand tried its best to free my left arm from Sungyeol's grasp, but my stength, can not withstand his.
 
"Then let them misunderstand. Hurry up, jeollie." Aigoo, what are we even doing in this theme park? 
 
...
 
"Sungjongie, do you have an appointment today?" Sungyeol hyung asked me this morning. I shook my head as a response, really I have nothing to do this day but to worry about hospital girl and Myungsoo hyung.
 
"Anni, wae?" 
 
"Then let's go to the amusement park." Is he kidding me? no way. "Come on would you really rather think about Myungsoo and his fiance than to have fun with me? Sungjong this is our last day in Japan might as well make the most out of it." 
 
"But, what if Myungsoo hyung calls, amusement parks are loud and noisy, I may not notice it." I reasoned out, but knowing Sungyeol hyung he won't let me just go like that.
 
"Please Sungjong?" Damn! Why does Sungyeol hyung's puppy eyes always work on me.
 
"Fine, but treat me a chocolate ice cream ne?" I just have to pray that Myungsoo hyung won't find out about this.
 
"Then it's settled, this afternoon we have a date!" Date? I thought I'll only accompany him? Aigoo.
 
...
 
"Aish, Sungyeol hyung why do you want to ride that ferris wheel so bad?" 
 
"Haven't you heard what those high school girls said? Whoever rides that ferris wheel with their beloved they'll be bound to stay with each other until death do them apart." Dumbfounded, I stared at Sungyeol hyung, did he really say what I just heard? 
 
"Hyung-"
 
"Come on Sungjong, let's do a selca." Without waiting for my affirmation, Sungyeol hyung put his right arm on my right shoulder blade, his face only a few inches away from mine. "Smile jongie." My eyes retreated from staring at his face and looked at the camera and plastered a smile on my face, trying to hide the discomfort I am feeling.
 
Does Sungyeol hyung really want to ride the ferris wheel because of that stupid legend? Then if that's true why with me? If he believes in that legend then he should ride the ferris wheel with the one he loves. Rigt? 
 
"Sungjong, you're phone its ringing." Sungyeol hyung disturbed my thoughts and to my astonishment, my phone is indeed ringing. 
 
Incoming call,...
Myungsoo hyung
 
"Yoboseyo." 
 
"Sungjong, did you miss me?" Aah, at last I finally heard his sweet caring voice.
 
"Very hyung. Ah, did you finally talk to her?" 
 
"Yes, I did." I was about to ask how did it go when he, "But Sungjong, there's a problem." A problem? what problem? 
 
"She, hasn't fully recovered yet, I can not just abandon her." He just can't abandon her?! I felt my heart being squeezed like a sponge. 
 
"What do you mean hyung? You haven't broken up with her yet?"
 
"I already did, but I also found out the reason why she attempted to end her life. I, I just can't abandon her yet, please understand." Understand? But I can't understand. You already broke up with her hyung, so why? why?
 
"Wae? what's the reason why she chose to die back then?" If that's the reason why hyung can't abandon her yet then I need to know for me to understand.
 
 
"Because of, Woohyun." How did Woohyun get into this?
 
"What do you mean because of Woohyun hyung?" Really I don't understand.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"She said she fell in love with Woohyun, but can't afford to break up with me, but because she's guilty of her feelings she attempted suicide. She said that she can't bring herself to tell me the truth because she doesn't want to see me cry and be sad. She also said, that Woohyun know nothing about her feelings." That's it? What a twisted mind that hospital girl have. "The reason why I can't abandon her is because I want to help her patch things up with Woohyun, did you know that Woohyun has feelings for her too?" What a relief, so that is why. I see, I see.
 
When I heard his explanations, I want to jump from joy, in an instant the doubts and worries I had this morning disappeard and I foresee a happy future waiting for us. 
 
"Then Sungjong, I'll be waiting for you in Korea."
 
"Aieru hyung." For once I want to say I love you to Myungsoo hyung in a not so embarassing way. 
 
"I love you too." 
 
 
 
Kyaaa! let me die, let me die! Myungsoo said he loves me too. Aah, Myungsoo loves me too. He loves me too!
 
...
 
"Ne Sungjongie, what did Myungsoo say?" Sungyeol hyung pryed as soon as Myungsoo's phone call ended.
 
"He said that everything's fine, he already broke up with her. Hyung, Myungsoo hyung said he'll be waiting for me in Korea!" I said with joy, though the happiness I'm feeling inside my heart failed to touch Sungyeol hyung.
 
I can't help but notice the gulp he took upon hearing my response, the way he closed his eyes for a second. The way his lips quivered to smile, a smile that is not happy at all. And the sadness flickering in Sungyeol hyung's eyes. Why do I need to notice them all at once? 
 
"Hyung is there something wrong?" I can't help but be worried at him, after all in times of sorrow Sungyeol hyung has always been there, comforting me. 
 
"Anni, ah! Sungjong it's finally our turn." He said as his eyes avoided my gaze. His right cold shivering hand held mine. Why is hyung shaking? Is he, perhaps, sick?
 
"Hyung are you sure you're fine?" I asked once again as soon as we sat inside our designated passenger capsule. 
 
"I lied, I'm not okay at all." Then why hasn't he said so? I sat near him, my left hand moved on its own and touched Sungyeol hyung's forehead to see if he's having a fever.
 
Sungyeol reached for my left hand and withdrawn it from his forehead, he stared at our hands for a few seconds before he stared at my eyes. Weird, this is the first time Sungyeol hyung acted this way.
 
"Hyung, what's the matter?" He did not answer me, instead he pulled me in a tight embrace both of his hands seem to be afraid to let me go. 
 
"Please, just this once, stay in my embrace." Sungyeol hyung pleaded when he felt my hands pushing him away from me. 
 
I obliged to his request, and in return hugged him too. I don't have, even the slightest idea on why he's acting this way, but I wish that my embrace will soothe his sadness away.
 
"Hyung, I won't understand if you don't tell me what's happening." I softly whisphered in his ear, as my left hand patted his back.
 
"Sungjong," Hyung called.
 
"Hmm?"
 
" Good luck to your performance. I believe you can do it. FIGHTING! Lots of love and care"
 
My embrace on him loosened upon hearing the words he said, if I am not mistaken those were exactly the same words written on the card along with the bouquet of white roses I had received before our performance. 
 
"Hyung?" My eyes full of question stared at Sungyeol hyung's. His eyes, this time did not avoid my gaze.
 
"They're from me. The roses the words of encouragement, they're from me."
 
Confused, that is what I am feeling right now.
 
"You asked me if I'm okay, I lied. I am not alright. Not at all. Not when you said to me that Myungsoo has finally broken up with her. Not when you said to me that he is waiting for your return. Not when I know that from now on, you're about to be his." Sungyeol hyung stated, his hands, his whole body quivering from an unknow reason.
 
"Sungjong, I am in love with you." Tears. Lots of tears streamed down on his face as soon as he confessed to me. 
 
"But hyung, my heart is already beating for someone else." I said, what can I do that's the truth. Myungsoo hyung has already occupied my heart.
 
"I know, I know that you're in love with him. I know because I've been watching you. I know because I can see it in your eyes. But Sungjong, please give me a chance. A chance to prove myself. A chance to let me love you."
 
My eyes averted from his gaze, I don't know what to say. There's a part of me that wants to give him a chance, after all I can see myself in Sungyeol hyung's state right now. Not long ago I'm like him, trying to prove myself that I'm worthy of Myungsoo hyung's love.
 
But there's also a part of me that wants to turn him down. I don't want to give him false hope. I know that even if I give him a chance nothing will change. Myungsoo hyung. It will always be him.
 
"I'm begging you Sungjong. Just once. All I need is one chance to prove my love for you." Tears continued to fall from his eyes, as he knelt in front of me. How can I turn him down when he's down on his knees begging for me to give him a chance. 
 
"But hyung-"
 
"I know, that in your point of view it is pointless. But even if that chance is futile I don't care. Right now that one chance is all that I have. Please Sungjong, don't take my only hope away from me." 
 
I don't know, I don't know what to say. How could I have the guts to turn him down in his pitiful state? How could I crush his only hope after all the things he has done for me. 
 
"Mianhe hyung, I'm sorry. All the time I'm running in your comfort when Myungsoo hyung makes me cry, were the times I'm hurting you. Sorry hyung I didn't know." I apologized as I leaned down to hug him. 
 
All through out the time we rode the ferriswheel I did not let him go. I just hugged him, hoping that my embrace will somehow make him alright.
 
Aigoo, what will I do? 
 
To give or not to give?
 
 
 
To be continued l l >