Chapter Sixteen: You

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

Chapter Sixteen: You

 

             

 

 

  “Don’t mind him.” You told Sungjong with an assuring smile on your face when you noticed how bold Myungsoo is in avoiding him. “You’re Sungjong right?” Sungjong nodded and flashed a questioning look.

                “Ah, I’m _________. I believe Myungsoo oppa had already informed you about me.” You saw how anxious Sungjong became upon hearing what you said. Obviously on guard about having you sitting beside him in the living room.

                “Don’t worry, I am just a part of his past now, a frightening memory which should never be remembered anylonger.” Sungjong noticed the sadness on your voice; he looked at you with guilty eyes.

                “I’m sorry for stealing him from you.”

                “Then return him to me.” Sungjong frozen and tensed up, you chuckled and said “Just kidding.”

                “I heard you fell in love with Woohyun hyung, that was a lie right?” It was your turn to look and stare at Sungjong’s eyes. “If you don’t mind, could you tell me what happened between you and Woohyun hyung?”

                You noticed the sincerity in his voice that you can’t help but relinquish the memories of that day.

 

0.0

 

                “Oppa! Guess what?” You asked Woohyun with that stupid grin on your face as soon as you stepped inside his solo apartment.

                “What?”

                “Guess what?” You insisted.

                “You’ve broken up with Myungsoo?”

                “Not even close guess again.”

                “You’re in love with me.”                                                              “Nope.”

                “You’re pissed off?”                                                                        “Nah, I’m beaming with joy.”

                “What?”                                                                                              “You guess again.”

                “You’ll tell me what it is or I would have Myungsoo guess how you died.” Woohyun stated, finally reaching his limits. You on the other hand ignored him and flashed your left hand.

                “Oppa asked me last night if I could be his wife, and I said yes!” Confusion then despair, those were the two emotions Woohyun showed that time. “Won’t you congratulate me oppa?”

                Woohyun took a big gulp before he plastered a smile on his face.

                “Then I guess this call for a celebration, feel at home like you usually do and I’d go ahead and buy us a sumptuous feast.” He smiled before he took his leave; you on the other hand waited for his return.

                That night you ate and drank like tomorrow will never ever come, after all food is more delicious when it’s for free.

                You didn’t even sense the horror tomorrow brings.

               

 

 

 

 

 

 

                You woke up in Woohyun’s bed.

                “Strange how did I get here?” You were about to sit up when you felt the rush of ache coming on your head.

                this hangover!

                Your right hand moved and to your astonishment it touched something human-like. Your heart pounded upon realizing that someone else is lying right beside you.

0.0

>.<

0.0

>.<

OoO

 

                “OPPA?!” That is the only word you managed to utter upon seeing Woohyun’s bare chest.

 

 

 

                “Nothing happened right? Right? We, we just fell asleep that’s all. Yeah that’s all.” You said slashed asked Woohyun, as if doing so would erase the fact that you did not sleep with him.

                “Yeah right and along the process we managed to get together in one bed.” Woohyun sarcastically remarked with an uninterested look on his face.

                “You’re not helping at all!” You complained, annoyed by the fact that Woohyun seems to not care about what happened. “What should I do? Myungsoo would kill once he knew about this.” You uttered in frustration and helplessness, tears started to stream out of your eyes.

                “Then call your engagement off.” He said as if doing so is as easy as abc.

                “A-and what if I became pregnant?! What if-“

                “If that would happen then I’ll marry you.” Woohyun said, looking straight to your eyes.

                “You can’t! You don’t even have any romantic feelings for me!” You shouted in desperation, annoyed that Woohyun is taking these things too lightly.

                “Oh yeah? *Smirks* Say that after this.” Without words he grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him, his lips touched and kissed yours.

                It took you a minute before you found strength to push Woohyun away from you and slap him real hard on his face.

                Tears started to fall from his eyes; you felt a shiver ran down your spine when you realized that Woohyun is not kidding any more, and that the kiss you just shared is no joke.

                You shook your head before deciding to abandon him on his apartment but before you had the chance to do so Woohyun hugged you from behind.

                “I love you.” Woohyun’s quivering voice whispered in your ears, and as if on cue, tears fell down your face. Your body started to tense up, not knowing what to do, not knowing what to say.

                ‘Please let this be just another dream.’

               

                “Call the engagement off, and be with me instead.” Still not letting you go, Woohyun pleaded.

                Shaking your head, you uttered. “I can’t, I can’t. Myungsoo oppa, *gulp* is the man my heart wants to be with.” Slowly, Woohyun released you from his embrace, you turned around to have a nice view of his face and to your astonishment his eyes were burning up with rage.

                “Why?! I did everything didn’t I? I, I tutored you, I dressed you up, I helped you, cheered you up when you’re down, wiped the tears from your eyes. I did everything. Everything! W-why him?!” You began to be afraid of him when his long hidden feelings burst out.

                “Oppa..”

                “Be with him and I’ll tell him what happened tonight.” Those were the last words he uttered before you stormed out from his apartment.

 

~.~

                “So that’s why you committed suicide.” Sungjong concluded, his left hand is touching yours, as if doing so could wipe out the bad memories you just remembered.

                “Anni. It’s true that I was devastated after what happened, but what made me decide to end my life is when I realized how important Myungsoo oppa and Woohyun oppa is to me. I was a coward back them, I was afraid that if Myungsoo oppa would learn about what Woohyun oppa did to me, he would despise me. But what made me even more scared is the fact that if Myungsoo oppa learned about this he would hate Woohyun oppa.”

                “Woohyun oppa is a precious friend, he’s been a friend of Myungsoo oppa eversince he’s a kid. I can’t let their friendship end just because of me. I can’t let it all end just because of love.” Sungjong bit his lips upon understanding the real reason behind your actions.

                “But you lost him, you lost Myungsoo hyung.” Sungjong uttered.

                “I know, but I’m glad that I lost him to you. I know that you’ll love him more than I ever could.” You don’t know how you knew; you just sensed that Sungjong will never do the same thing you did to Myungsoo.

                “T-then the reason why Myungsoo hyung beat up Woohyun hyung is because he already knew?”

                “Yes, but don’t worry, I’ll talk to Woohyun oppa and Myungsoo oppa, I’ll fix the mess I started long ago. Ah, if I were you I’d go and talk to Myungsoo oppa. He’s mad at you y’know?” You said as you flashed a reassuring smile at Sungjong.

                Sungjong stood up from his seat, he was about to dash towards Myungsoo’s room but he remembered something. “By chance, d-do you have any idea why he’s mad at me?” You let out a chuckle when you realized how clueless Sungjong is.

                “He’s just jealous. That’s why you need to hurry up and comfort him.” And so Sungjong ran his way to Myungsoo.

                For the first time after waking up from that deep slumber you were able to genuinely smile. “I guess Sungjong is really amazing. Waah, I want him to be my brother.” You thought.

 

                “Ah! Sungjong! Myungsoo is really scary when he’s mad! jal isso ne?!”

 

~.~

 

                “Hyung?” Sungjong called out, but Myungsoo did not answer so Sungjong took a gulp and opened up Myungsoo’s door.

                “Hyung-“

                “Get out.” Myungsoo commanded with his unusual frigid voice.

                “B-but Hyung-”

                “Just go and be with Sungyeol.” Myungsoo re-stated.

               

 

 

 

 

                “Is that what you want? Is that what you really want me to do?” Sungjong asked, for he’s already had enough of Myungsoo’s stubbornness from listening to his explanation.

 

 

 

                Myungsoo did not answer nor looked at Sungjong.

 

 

                “Then fine, just don’t come running after me to take me back.” Sungjong said, he was about to turn the knob when he felt Myungsoo’s arms embraced him.

 

                “Don’t go.” Myungsoo said on his ears, which made him shiver.

                “I’m sorry, I acted like a complete pabo. I-I was just jealous. You spent time with Sungyeol on that beautiful theme park, and, and you’re having so much fun. I’ve never seen you have so much fun when you’re with me. I didn’t like the way you smile when you’re with him. I want you to only show your happy face to me, and to me alone.” Myungsoo confessed which caused Sungjong to smile. “Mianhe.”

               

                Sungjong was about to turn around but he was stopped by Myungsoo. “Don’t look, my face is really ugly when I’m raging with jealousy.” He warned but Sungjong paid no heed to it. Instead his head leaned sideways and his lips reached out to Myungsoo’s right cheek.

 

                How he wish time would just stop  and allow them to cherish this special time they’re having.

 

                How he wish his happiness won’t take away someone else’s happiness and cause them agony.

 

                How he wish.

 

                How he wish.

 

                “By the way, hyung from whom did you know I spent time with Sungyeol hyung?”

                “From Sungyeol, he sent me a picture of the two of you.” Myungsoo fished out his phone and showed Sungjong the photo Sungyeol took on the theme park.

                “Oh no he didn’t” Sungjong gasped in disbelief.

 

                “Guess what? He just did.”

 

 

To be continued l l >