Chapter Six: And So The Maknae Captivated The Choding's Heart

A Maknae's Love (ON HIATUS)

Chapter Six: And So The Maknae Captivated The Choding’s Heart.

 

          “What would you do once you find out that the one you love is already in love with someone else?” Lee Sungjong asked his favorite hyungnim Jang Dongwoo after Nam Woohyun told him about the real reason why his beloved hyungnim, Kim Myungsoo can’t be with him.

          It’s already eleven thirty in the evening; both of them were inside their shared room, Dongwoo was resting on his bed playing with his newly bought Nintendo electronic bubble plastic wrap. Sungjong on the other hand was sitting on his bed while holding the hands of his much abused big white teddy bear.        

          “Would you give up your feelings for that person? Would you withdraw and accept defeat?” Sungjong continued to ask, there were no emotions in his eyes. As if the tears he cried washed away his feelings.

          “No I wouldn’t. Only stupid people do that, people who are afraid to give love all they got. So what if the one you love is in love with someone else? As if that fact could make you give up your unrequited love. If the one I love is already in love with someone else, I wouldn’t withdraw, I wouldn’t take a step back, I wouldn’t accept defeat. I won’t just sit back and watch him love somebody else.” Dongwoo answered, there was seriousness in his voice but his mind was still preoccupied by his newly bought toy.

          “B-but hyung-“

          “You know what I’d do? I’d do anything and prove to the person whom I love that I deserve his/her love more than the person he/she loves. And if I fail to prove it to that person, then that’s the time I’d let go of my feelings. Ne Sungjongie are you asking me this because of Myungsoo?” Dongwoo answered and asked.

          “This afternoon Woohyun hyung told me about the girl who owns Myungsoo hyung’s heart. I didn’t know that Myungsoo hyung is already engaged, I didn’t know he is already in love with someone else.”

          “I don’t think that he loves that girl though.” Dongwoo stated, his eyes still glued on that cute Nintendo toy.

          “Eh?” Sungjong asked, baffled by his hyung’s statement. His eyes glanced at the figure of his hyung.

          “His love for her, I just don’t see it on his eyes.” Dongwoo replied.

 

~.~

Sungjong went out of their room and headed towards their dining hall. He walked towards their fridge with an empty glass on his right hand, his left hand was about to get a pitcher of cold water when he heard a noise on their living room. He put back the pitcher on the fridge and placed the empty glass on top of the dining table. He headed towards their living room, intending to check what the noise was all about.

He was taken a back to see Kim Myungsoo with his body lying flat on their dorm’s floor. Sungjong hurriedly walked towards Myungsoo and helped him stood up.

“Hyung are you drunk?” Sungjong asked when he noticed the red hue of his beloved hyung’s face, and smelled the scent of booze coming from his hyung.

“M-mianhe, mianhe.” Myungsoo muttered, obviously not on his right state of mind.

          Sungjong hurriedly left Myungsoo on the floor when he realized that he could not lift Myungsoo all by himself. He headed towards the joint room of Woohyun and Myungsoo to ask for Woohyun’s help, he was about to open the door of the room when he noticed a white paper stickered on the door.

          Myungsoo-ah I wouldn’t go home tonight.

          “Ssshhh.” Sungjong uttered and headed towards their room instead.

          “Dongwoo hyung help me bring Myungsoo hyung to his bed, he’s drunk.” Sungjong asked as soon as he reached their room.

“I can’t, still busy playing my new toy.”

“B-but hyung!” Sungjong complained at Dongwoo’s dumb answer.

“Sungjong ah now’s your chance to prove to him you deserve his love more than hospital girl ne.” Dongwoo jokingly stated, flashing a wink towards his cute maknae. Sungjong on the other hand blushed as he closed the door.

Dongwoo hyung you pabo, how could I think that way if I can’t even lift him? Aigoo.

Sungjong left with no choice went towards the room Hoya, Sunggyu, and Sungyeol were sharing. He was about to knock when the room suddenly opened.

“Oh, Sungyeol hyung g-good evening.” Sungjong who was taken a back for a moment greeted.

“Good evening too, do you need something? You’re standing in front of our room so I guess you’re troubled with something.” Sungyeol inquired.

“Hyung I, you see Myungsoo hyung returned home a little bit tipsy and he is having a hard time right now so could you help me bring him to his room?” Sungjong asked his hyung shyly.

“What about Woohyun?”

“He is not around.”

“And Dongwoo?”

“He is playing with his new Nintendo toy.”

Sungyeol scratched his head ‘Now I have to carry that .’  He glanced at Sungjong’s puppy eyes before he gave in. “Fine where’s that pabo?”

 

0.0

 

“Is this what you call tipsy? This is drunk as a skunk.” Sungyeol complained as soon as they reached Woohyun’s and Myungsoo’s room.

          They were about to place Myungsoo on his comfortable bed when he suddenly vomited. Emitting a foul smell, Sungyeol was about to cover his nose only to find out that the right hand he used to help Sungjong carry Myungsoo on his bed was already soaked from Myungsoo’s puke.

“Gross!” Sungyeol exclaimed, disgusted by the fluid Myungsoo released from his mouth.

“Mianhe hyung, b-but could you please get me a clean towel and a bowl of warm water?” Sungjong pleaded, his shirt was also covered by Myungsoo’s puke.

Sungyeol unwillingly obliged.

Sungjong wetted the clean towel and used it to wipe Myungsoo’s untidy mouth, and neck. His hands nervously tried to the color blue polo Myungsoo was wearing.

“Here, let me handle it.” Sungyeol volunteered upon noticing Sungjong’s anxiousness. Sungjong on the other hand turned his head sideways to avoid looking at Myungsoo’s body.

Sungyeol picked a black sando and blue boxers as a replacement for Myungsoo’s dirty clothes; he was the one who dressed Myungsoo up, easing the nervousness in Sungjong’s heart.

Sungjong on the other hand continued his treatment to Myungsoo after Sungyeol finished putting clothes on Myungsoo.

That night before the clock strike midnight, Sungjong with the aid of Sungyeol took care of Myungsoo.

As Sungjong continued to wipe clean Myungsoo’s face, a set of words escaped Myungsoo’s lips.

“I love you”

Sungjong taken a back for a moment bit his lower lip, and continued wiping Myungsoo’s face clean. I bet Myungsoo hyung was referring to her, the girl who already owns his heart. The girl he asked to marry, the girl he loves the most.

Sungyeol annoyingly pulled and dragged Sungjong out of Myungsoo’s room upon noticing the sadness ensuing on his maknae’s eyes

 

0.0

 

 

“W-what’s that for hyung? Why did you yank me away from Myungsoo hyung’s room when I still need to take care of him?” Sungjong complained at Sungyeol.

“Because you were making that face.” Sungyeol answered nonchalantly.

“Eh?” Sungjong asked baffled by Sungyeol’s answer, unconsciously touching the contour of his beautiful face.

“I said you were making that kind of face, the kind of face when your eyes were filled with sadness and pain. I, I don’t want to see it.” Sungyeol answered once again.

“Mianhe hyung.” Sungjong apologized for bothering Sungyeol.

“I, I don’t get it liking a guy who already has a girlfriend, worse a fiancée.” Sungyeol said out of the blue.

“Hyung you knew?!” Sungjong exclaimed, surprised that Sungyeol knew his feelings towards Myungsoo.

“Yeah I do, sorry, I accidentally witnessed you trying to confess to him on the rooftop. Anyways moving on, why don’t you just go and find another one to love?” Sungyeol asked looking at Sungjong’s eyes.

“I can’t help it hyung. I can’t help but to like him, to love him even now. I can’t stop my heart from loving him even though he already, somehow rejected me and has a fiancé to marry. I can’t help it because I’m in love with him.” Sungjong honestly answered with a bittersweet smile on his face.

“Isn’t love supposed to be more fun than that?” Sungyeol inquired once again. “Unreciprocated but unwavering love is something I don’t get; it’s a painful love I don’t understand.” Sungyeol added.

“Having your heart broken, crying over it, trying to get over it but to no avail, and loving that same person over again. That’s what love is.” Sungjong answered.

Sungyeol was astonished by the words he heard from Sungjong mouth. But he was more astounded when he felt his heart unexpectedly beating rapidly.

“Don’t worry hyung, you will understand it too, one day when you fall in love too.” Sungjong stated looking straight at Sungyeol’s eyes.

Sungyeol quickly withdraw the eye contact he was having with Sungjong and scratched the back of his head as he looked away from Sungjong. “W-what’s with that answer?”

“One day hyung, you’ll fall in love too. When that day comes you’ll understand why I am like this.” Sungjong said again. “Then, thank you for helping me hyung and sorry for being a bother. I guess we have to retire to our bed, since it’s already 12 something and we have a meeting tomorrow so~”

“Sungjong, a simple good mornight will do.” Sungyeol butted in flashing a cute smile on his face.

“Then, good mornight hyung.” Sungjong said, bowing before heading towards his and Dongwoo’s nest.

 

Sungyeol on the other hand was left outside, near Myungsoo’s room, clutching his heart, his face blushing. Well it seems that Sungjong’s sincere answer mesmerized Sungyeol’s heart.

 

 

 

A/N: I know it’s too short but I am still hoping that you somehow enjoyed reading this, please do drop a comment and to those who aren’t subscribers yet please do click the subscribe button. Thank you for allotting time in reading this fic. Thank you I hope you had pleasure in reading this ^^