Tears

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun didn’t understand the need to prove something. But there she was, mingling with people she didn’t even know. 

She pushed through the crowd until she was somewhere in the hallway of Junmyeon’s house. She leaned her shoulder there, feeling nauseous of everyone else’s presence.

Joohyun blinked, the end of the hallway in her eyes seemingly howled as it distorts. She moved her eyes, the paintings hanging on the wall started to move.

Particularly that painting of Vincent van Gogh. The portrait seemingly vomiting the painter out, becoming incredulously 3D as it spun out of its frame; its previously frowning face suddenly contorting into a creepy, mocking smirk, showing its set of bright white teeth.

Joohyun groaned, looking away and shutting her eyes. 

She felt a finger poking her shoulder.

When Joohyun whipped her head, she found that painting of Michelangelo’s Hands of God and Adam—God’s and Adam’s finger moving, reaching for her.

Joohyun gasped as she moved back and whimpered, shutting her eyes and continued walking.

Why the hell is Joohyun doing this to herself?

There was something howling from her back as she briskly walked. She looked over her shoulder and found Vincent stretching out of the painting, floating towards her. Adam’s and God’s fingers elongated too as it tried to reach her. She whipped her head back and continued stumbling on her feet to run on that seemingly long hallway, each painting shrieking their hoarse voices at her as she passed by.

Joohyun almost tripped but she was able to balance herself and maintained standing.

Then a hand grabbed her shoulder.

“KYAAA!!”

Joohyun shut her eyes and screamed.

“Woah, woah, woah, chill Joohyun-ah, it’s just me.”

Joohyun bolted her teary eyes open at the chuckle, finding Junmyeon chuckling at her, cheeks all flushed, probably because of alcohol, but the violet bruise still hinting on it. She huffed. “S-Sorry, I… I’m easy to startle.” 

“I can see that.” Junmyeon chuckled. “I’m glad that you came.”

“I said I would.” She answered.

Junmyeon smiled wider. “That’s nice… You’re starting to open yourself up…”

Joohyun saw how Junmyeon’s eyes wander from her head to toe. He perked up.

“What were you doing here, anyway? Were you searching for the restroom?”

“Uh, yeah.”

He chuckled. “Come, I’ll show you the way. And, I’ll let you see something cool after.”

Joohyun paused, watching the older guy walk ahead of her. The howling from behind her starting again.

Junmyeon looked back and approached when she didn’t move. “Hey, you alright?”

Joohyun’s eyes widened looking behind the senior. 

There, Vincent’s smirking floating head mockingly bobbed left and right, while God’s or Adam’s fingers—she’s not sure anymore—one was dancing while the other one made a horizontal gesture over Junmyeon’s neck, as if telling they’re dead.

Joohyun swallowed her fear.

 

 

 

Joohyun rinsed her face and looked at herself in the mirror, gripping the sink tight. 

Should she trust further??

Is it even worth it for her to trust??

, Joohyun doesn’t know anymore.

“Hey, are you alright in there?” 

Junmyeon’s voice outside the bathroom echoed. Joohyun sighed in defeat then went out.

 

 

 

“You know, I think I like you, Joohyun-ah.”

Junmyeon said as soon as Joohyun stepped outside the bathroom of his room. 

“And I think you like me too.”

Joohyun gulped as the guy approached her slowly. She stepped back until her back was against a closet there.

“I don’t really believe what they say about you, you know. They say you’re a weirdo, a dumb woman. But I begged to disagree, I know you’re not that innocent, you know. They just judge you blindly. And I’m here to really, really get to know the real Bae Joohyun.” Junmyeon held Joohyun’s hand gently.

Joohyun had zoned out—well, not totally, but she seemed to be looking at Junmyeon’s eyes when she was really looking at his side. 

Because there, a woman hanging from the ceiling had its head leveled with Junmyeon’s. All her hair falling down straight, covering her whole face except her peeking bloodshot red eyes. She was staring into Joohyun’s eyes.

The whole situation sent creepy tingling sensation throughout Joohyun’s whole body. From the way Junmyeon caressed his fingers on her hands to the way the lady’s eyes slowly bulging out.

Joohyun breathed in shakily, frozen on her stance as Junmyeon pinned her against his closet.

Should she still trust?

At this point, should she still trust?

Junmyeon and the lady moved closer.

Joohyun was honestly more mortified of the former. So, should she really, still, trust???

“Kim Junmyeon!”

Both

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter