Decipher

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi watched Joohyun enter her small apartment safely, from afar—from beyond that dark alley—a place that’s all too familiar to her already.

 

 

 

Yerim stared at Seulgi who was just lying around their clubroom, playing on her phone. She wondered if she should tell her what she saw a while ago. She internally sighed, she knows she will, anyway.

“Seulgi-unnie, are you coming to Junmyeon-sunbaenim’s house party too?”

“No.” Seulgi answered with disgust in her voice. She looked at Yerim. “Are you?” She asked, question a bit demanding for the answer to be a no.

“No.” Yerim shook her head. “But, apparently, everyone is invited.”

Seulgi scoffed. “He’s an attention-seeker; that’s no surprise.”

“I heard one of your classmates, a while ago… that Bae Joohyun?” Yerim kept a smirk from manifesting on her lips when Seulgi obviously perked up. “She was personally invited.”

Seulgi sat up. “Did she accept???”

“She’s your classmate, right? Why don’t you ask her—” But Seulgi already bolted out of their clubroom. Yerim openly smirked this time.

 

 

 

Joohyun heard about Junmyeon’s house party that’s why she was on her way to where she knows the seniors hang out.

The seniors were flabbergasted upon seeing her approaching.

“J-Joohyun-ah!” Junmyeon greeted, chuckling nervously as he side glanced at his friends. “What are you doing here?”

Joohyun gulped. “Uhm, I would just like to… uhm, ask about your house party?”

“Yeah? Do you want to come too? You know you’re welcome, anytime!” Junmyeon said excitedly.

“I’d like to.” Joohyun said shyly with a smile.

“Well, that’s great! We’ll see you there, yeah?”

Joohyun nodded.

“Hey, Joohyun-shi, where were you last night?” Baekhyun asked, Minseok subtly nudged him on the side. “I-I—we didn’t see you in the hall?”

“Oh,” Joohyun sheepishly smiled. “I kind of loitered around?”

“Oh, really?” Baekhyun said.

“Well, we’ll see you at the party then, Joohyun-ah!” Junmyeon said, waving. Once out of sight, he huffed. “What the was that?”

Minseok shrugged. “The opportunity came knocking herself, I guess.”

“She’s acting sus. I think Seulgi came for her and they were together last night.” Baekhyun said in suspicion.

“Or not. The girl is just into me. Let’s just take it as it is guys.” Junmyeon smirked. “She’s a weirdo but I can use some action after that rejection, you know.”

Joohyun just stood there a few meters away from the group, hiding behind a tree, with her head looking down as she took note of a bruise on Junmyeon’s cheek.

When she looked up and started walking, she flinched when a young girl just stood there, seemingly watching her.  “Hi, uhm, are you okay?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter