Credence

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They all waved goodbye to Seungwan—who still had that bright smile despite her squeezing her shoulders, stretching her back multiple times all throughout the afternoon.

Seulgi still observes the other two’s uneasiness as they looked at Seungwan.

Most especially at that last minute as the door closes, before Seungwan was finally out of their clubroom’s door.

Joohyun and Yerim both inhaled deeply, silently gasping. Their eyes went wider in horror. Joohyun’s hold on her went even tighter; her arms are going numb, while Yerim held her own shaking hands.

Unbeknownst to Seulgi, that woman on Seungwan’s shoulder—her head—turned to them. From resting on Seungwan’s shoulder, it ing turned its head towards them, as if giving them a final look, one final glare.

The clubroom’s door clicked close.

Both Yerim and Joohyun exhaled the breath they were probably holding throughout the afternoon, both falling down on the floor, knees finally losing its strength.

 

 

 

“Okay, you two got to talk.” Seulgi said, voice authoritative as she assisted the two who slumped their body weakly on the floor. “What the hell’s happening?”

Joohyun ran a hand on her hair.

Yerim sighed deeply. “Let’s not do it today, Seulgi-unnie. We’re exhausted.”

“B-But—”

Joohyun shook her head. “Yerim-ah’s right. We’re spent. We can really use a rest now.”

Seulgi frowned in worry but nodded. “Okay…”

 

 

 

Seulgi saw Joohyun hesitated before they finally separated ways. She saw how she wanted to say something but refrained. She didn’t ask her about what it is.

She just watched Joohyun from a distance, flinching multiple times as she walked the road to her home. She even ran upstairs until she went inside her home as if someone was running after her.

She watched from that dark alley. From that usual dark alley.

 

 

 

“So, what the hell happened??” Seulgi asked, voice demanding as she looked at Yerim and Joohyun.

Yerim looked down, contemplating. She side glanced at Joohyun and saw her with terrified expression while Seulgi had that serious one.

Yerim remembered how she met the latter, even before they actually met.

She remembered how she told her that their ability is a gift—and yet she hasn’t really, totally believed it.

 

 

 

“Ghost Club?”

Yerim flinched at the mocking voice and as it guffawed, she remembered a few more different faces laughing at her mockingly like that. Yerim only has a third eye that makes her see ghosts and more, but it’d be much better if she has that kind of eye that can see through a person’s true personality.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter