Steer

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun entered their classroom and she can feel it again, those stares coming from Seulgi. She ignored them and avoided even having to look at Seulgi.

There was squealing around the room. A group of seniors entered their classroom, explaining the gushing from the students.

“Yo, freshmen!” Kim Junmyeon greeted.

Joohyun shyly looked up. Kim Junmyeon.

Kim Junmyeon—a member of the student council, of the basketball team, a running-for-honors student, a very kind guy.

“I’m assuming that all of you are going to attend our organized party, right?” Junmyeon asked excitedly, looking about at almost everyone in the room.

Joohyun had to look away when their eyes briefly meet, a blush creeping on her cheeks.

 

 

 

“C-Can I excuse myself? I-I really, really need to be at home before dark a-and…”

Joohyun can still remember how she stuttered in front of many people—of all the freshmen, in fact—during that freshmen meeting held by the student council.

“This isn’t going to take long—”

“Yeah, you can go. There are modules we’ll be distributing anyway so you can study it alone. No worries.”

Joohyun remembered his face. And his name. Kim Junmyeon. “T-Thanks, sunbaenim.”

“You can call me oppa, though.” Junmyeon said, chuckling.

“R-Right, thanks, Junmyeon-oppa.”

 

 

 

So, Joohyun didn’t forget. He’s the first one—only one—who didn’t pass any judgment on her being frantic to go home before dark. Everyone else did—find the panic in her weird. That’s why everyone avoided her, labeled her as a weirdo. But Junmyeon didn’t.

 

 

 

“Yes!!” Their whole classroom cheered.

Junmyeon laughed. “That’s good then! We’ll see you and we’ll enjoy ourselves, yeah??”

“Yeah!!”

Junmyeon huffed. “So, Seulgi-yah, I heard you quit dancing club. Why’s that?”

Joohyun looked up at the mention of the name.

“Yeah. I did. I just felt like it, sunbaenim.” Seulgi shrugged.

That’s news to Joohyun—that Seulgi quit the dancing club. Also, Junmyeon’s fond gaze at her.

“Oh, damn, I liked watching you dance.” Junmyeon commented in disappointment.

Seulgi only looked at him then continued doodling on her notebook.

“But I’ll see you at the party, right?” Junmyeon asked.

Seulgi paused. “Only if Bae Joohyun-shi comes too.” She looked over her shoulder.

Joohyun flinched, suddenly feeling hot at the sudden spotlight pointed at her. She met with Seulgi’s indifferent gaze at her that she couldn’t read.

“I mean, she’s the person here who’s least likely to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter