Seer

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“H-how the hell did you know I’m here to ask questions?” Seulgi asked as she shifted on her seat, now in front of the girl who’s still wearing that creepy black robe.

The girl scoffed. “Duh, why else would you stumble here? It’s either what happened to the Book Club, or what the am I doing here, or am I even a student here. Those things.”

Oh, she’s a fluke, Seulgi thought as she heaved a sigh of relief. “What’s your name?”

The girl raised an eyebrow at the unexpected question. “Kim Yerim, my name’s Kim Yerim. You are… Kang Seulgi, right?”

Seulgi flinched. “H-how did you—”

“You’re with the dance club, right? I mean, were.” Yerim answered.

“Oh, yeah.” Seulgi chuckled, thinking that she shouldn’t really scare herself. “You look young, are you a freshman too?”

Yerim shrugged. “Accelerated.”

“Wow,” Seulgi said, impressed.

Yerim raised an eyebrow. “So? What is it that you really want to ask?”

Seulgi’s eyes darted around. “Can I hang out here?”

“Are you going to join the club then?”

“If I don’t, I can’t?”

Yerim’s face scrunches. “Obviously.”

Seulgi pursed her lips in thinking. “Then I guess I am.”

Yerim looked at her in total confusion but shrugged. “We’re not an official club though, we need at least four members.”

Seulgi laid her back on the floor. “That’s fine—official or not.”

“Okay…?”

“So, what are we supposed to do?” Seulgi sat up again. “What were you doing anyway?”

Yerim shrugged. “Ghost stuff, I guess?”

Seulgi nodded. “I see.”

Yerim observed the older girl and noticed how she felt like asking something but was hesitating.

“You’re… knowledgeable in this stuff, right? I assume.” Seulgi asked, looking up at Yerim’s eyes.

“Yeah, more than the average, I guess.”

Seulgi nodded, biting her lips, contemplating.

“I wouldn’t judge, Seulgi-unnie, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

Seulgi looked at her with judging eyes.

“And I don’t tell on people. That’s like, a ghastly thing to do, as a human, if you know what I mean.” Yerim shrugged.

Seulgi pouted in thinking then huffed. “Third eyes…”

“Yeah? What about them?”

“Uhm, it’s like, uhm, an eye, right? That makes you see stuff, ghostly stuff?”

Yerim nodded. “Yeah, it’s in the actual name. Third eye.” She scoffed.

Seulgi nodded. “Yeah, right.” She huffed. “So, like, if you hear things too, then, uhm, you have a third ear or something?”

Yerim facepalmed. “You’re stupid, aren’t you, unnie?”

“What? I just want to know if that’s different, you know, seeing and hearing?” Seulgi frowned as she defended herself.

Yerim sighed. “It’s the same, if you have a third eye, then you can see and hear. And feel.”

Seulgi gulped at Yerim’s last word. “Feel? Like, feel what?”

“Their presence. The ghosts’ sorrow, mostly. Can be anger, or sadness, mostly negative s actually

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter