Seek

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You did what?!”

Yongsun, Moonbyul and Lalisa all flinched in surprise at Seulgi’s reaction when Yongsun answered her question.

Yongsun looked at her other two friends in confusion before speaking again. “I invited Bae Joohyun-shi, too. What’s wrong with that?”

Seulgi took a deep frustrating sigh, closing her eyes in annoyance as she paced left and right in front of her friends. “You shouldn’t have—” She groaned.

“I shouldn’t have what? Invited her? But you even indirectly invited her to Junmyeon-sunbaenim’s and she’s your clubmate right? And—” Yongsun explained even though she doesn’t get why Seulgi looked so angry and frustrated.

“You don’t understand, Joohyun can’t be in that kind of party or place or time—!”

“Hey Kang Seulgi! You can’t curse Yongsun like that.” Moonbyul interrupted, voice stepped up.

Seulgi just glared at them.

“What’s wrong, Seul?” Lalisa asked worriedly.

“Don’t you like her being there? I can take back—”

“No.” Seulgi immediately answered, heaving a sigh of defeat as she slumped herself on the seat in front of her puzzled friends. She really doesn’t want Joohyun to be there, but she didn’t want Yongsun to take back her invitation. It might send a wrong message that Seulgi is backing off to her challenge. And worse, it might hurt her feelings so she grumbled in annoyance.

“What’s going on with you two, anyway, Seul?” Moonbyul asked with a brow raised. “You’ve been hanging out lately and then suddenly you’re back to square one—ignoring each other.”

Seulgi sighed again. “Long story, but look, Joohyun can’t see me there.”

“What do you mean?” Yongsun asked, looking at her other two friends who just shrugged.

Seulgi exhaled sharply. “Joohyun shouldn’t see me there—she shouldn’t find me.”

They all raised an eyebrow of confusion and exchanged looks. “Why?” They chorused.

“Well, we kind of have a bet… of some kind. And I can’t lose.” Seulgi said, face frowning.

Seulgi’s friends continued exchanging puzzled looks.

“It’s a costume party, Seul, you can easily dress up to hide.” Yongsun suggested.

“Or just don’t attend the party at all, you don’t like this kind of parties, anyway.” Moonbyul added.

Seulgi shook her head. “I can’t not attend. I have to be there.”

Lalisa just looked at Seulgi like she had grown two heads. “What’s with your complicated setup?” She asked.

“Like you said, it’s complicated.” Seulgi huffed, already tired from all the explaining. “Just help me out guys, okay?”

Her friends nodded even though they didn’t have any idea what’s going on with their friend and that Bae Joohyun.

 

 

 

Joohyun stood there, in literal sea of ghosts and monsters and immediately questioned her resolve. Just like that time with Junmyeon, she was fueled again with the need to prove.

But she started to think this was a bad idea because she had lost her ability to distinguish which was real or not.

Is the constant whispering of cold breath behind her real?

Or that woman wearing a black dress with long black hair covering her entire face except for her red eyes peeking through in the corner of the room, staring, glaring at her, is?

Through the crowd she treaded, shoulders bumping on hers as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter