Leer

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun thought of a song.

Stay with me
Don't let me go like this, stay by my side

Honestly, Joohyun was still scared. That once Seulgi removed her hold onto her ears, the whispers would come back. So she wished she’d stay like that, even just for another minute.

Joohyun didn’t move an inch.

Seulgi didn’t too.

Joohyun just had her eyes fixed on the floor. In her peripheral vision, the room looked different. It felt just like that—a room.

She flinched when she felt Seulgi moved, bringing back her nerves, but Seulgi only slumped herself on the floor, Indian sitting, without removing her hands over her own. She internally sighed in relief.

They stayed like that for who knows how long.

 

 

 

Never did Joohyun find peace—a silence—like this outside the comfort of her home. Only there can she spend the night alone without having to worry about unknown entities coming for her. It was weird, but she was thankful.

This time, genuinely, she’s thankful for Seulgi.

Although, technically, she’s the one at fault for them to get locked up like this, still, Joohyun was thankful that Seulgi remained calm and didn’t freak out seeing her panic like that. If it was somebody else, would they react the same way as Seulgi? Joohyun can’t help but wonder.

 

 

 

Joohyun looked up when Seulgi’s head suddenly bobbed, her hold onto her ears slowly loosening. She pursed her lips guiltily, Seulgi was about to fall asleep.

Joohyun should make her stop with their position even though she was scared to do so. But she paused, and looked.

It was the first time she had seen Seulgi this close.

Gosh, she really has some awesome monolid eyes; not anyone can look good with it, and yet, it suited her.

Seulgi’s head bobbed again, her hand jerking and falling but she managed to put it back where it was.

Joohyun softly sighed. “S-Seulgi-shi…” She softly called.

Seulgi blinked and met Joohyun’s eyes. There was no fear in it anymore. “S-Sorry, I almost fell asleep.”

“I-It’s okay… You can stop now…” Joohyun smiled a little, slowly removing her own hands from her ear to have Seulgi remove hers too.

But Seulgi’s hand hesitantly stayed. “Are the…?”

Joohyun nodded. “It’s okay now…”

Seulgi nodded. “Okay…” She removed her hand from covering Joohyun’s ears. The latter did too.

Joohyun looked away, shifting on her seat away from Seulgi.

Seulgi watched her, observing if she’s really alright. When she seemed so, Seulgi stood up and took a seat on the floor across her, leaning her shoulder on the cabinet on her left.

Joohyun flinched when Seulgi reached her hand to her, a muffin on it was broken in half. She turned to her.

“I’m supposing we’d spent the whole night here so this is the closest thing to dinner.” Seulgi said, offering the muffin. “Come on; better than having an empty stomach.” She coaxed.

“T-Thanks…” Joohyun said, accepting half of the muffin.

“Good thing I always have food in my pocket.”

Joohyun heard Seulgi muttered with mouth full. She side glanced her as she took a small bite out of the muffin, thinking that Seulgi’s really a comical character now. So different from when she—

Seulgi coughed.

Joohyun turned to her worriedly. “You should slow down on eating; we don’t have water here.”

Seulgi continued cough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter