Defeat

Folie à DEUX
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun guffawed and Seulgi felt like crying.

Not because she was defeated—okay, maybe a little—but because Joohyun was guffawing.

And this is the same feeling she had when she first saw Joohyun chuckle—when she first saw her smile.

And it overwhelms her so much—her smiling face—that she wanted to cry.

But she couldn’t, lest she wants Joohyun to see her as a sore loser or she sees something else much deeper.

So Seulgi continued frowning.

“She found you Seul,”

Seulgi whipped her head around and found Yongsun giggling, behind her was Byulyi and Lalisa, both snickering. She scoffed.

“Hi, Bae Joohyun-shi, I’m glad you made it to my party.” Yongsun said, walking past Seulgi and giving Joohyun a light hug.

Joohyun chuckled shyly. “Hi, Yongsun-shi, thanks for inviting me again.”

Yongsun hummed as she shook her head. “It’s nothing, really. I’m glad you won your bet against Seul; she can be quite arrogant with these things. Glad someone can put her back into place.”

“Yah,” Seulgi warned.

Yongsun only shrugged and giggled.

Joohyun giggled too, thinking that she’s changing her impression of Yongsun—that she’s not that y of a person her looks suggests.

Byulyi draped her arms over Seulgi’s shoulders, the latter frowning further. “So, how much does Seul owes you, Joohyun-shi?” She asked, smirking.

“Oh, no, no. We didn’t bet money.” Joohyun shook her head.

“Oh,” Lalisa perked up. “Then, is it like a dare thing? Seul now have to do something for you since she lost?” She asked, almost innocently. “AW!” She grunted when Seulgi nudged her side hard for her question.

Joohyun chuckled at the sight. “Yeah, something like that.”

“I suggest you make Seul your servant for a day.” Byulyi snickered further, ignoring the nudges Seulgi has been giving.

“Or make her clean your clubroom for a week.” Lalisa added.

“Or make her eat her vegetables because she’s a spoiled brat.” Yongsun giggled sarcastically.

“Yah! Shut up everyone!” Seulgi grumbled then removed herself from Byulyi, standing beside Joohyun.

Joohyun was looking at Seulgi’s flustered and annoyed face and thought that despite the mask she always wore with her, she knew that there are other side of Seulgi that she still doesn’t know. She flinched when Seulgi suddenly grabbed her by her wrist.

“We’re going home.” Seulgi said then started walking away with Joohyun’s wrist in her hand but Byulyi stood in front of her, blocking her.

“Woah, woah, Seul. It’s still early; Joohyun-shi hasn’t even enjoyed the party yet!”

“Joohyun doesn’t like parties like this. We’ll go home.” Seulgi retorted, walking sideways to leave, still with Joohyun’s wrist in her hand.

But Byulyi blocked her again. “She didn’t say so.”

“Yeah Seul, what’s with you? Are you her mom? Deciding for her and stuff. That’s so toxic, even for a friend.” Yongsun added, standing beside Byulyi to support her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter